Chapter 15

DYWANE'S POV

I can't wait to see her face when her mom told her. What else could be more interesting when your mom told you that you have to stay in with you neighbor for a week?

Yes. Maya will stay in with me for the week. My mother said her family got some sort of family business in Florida. Someone's sick there. But since Maya can't go for certain reason, she'll stay with us.

Trust me. I got a whole lot of things running through my mind right now.

It's about time her mom will tell. School's over and everyone's getting back home. Maya rode on her bike. Shit. that chick was superficially cool in some way. And amusing even. Best thing about her? She pushed me away.

None of the girls here in my school would ever do that. In fact, they're throwing themselves at me. Fun, yes. But to my understatement, they're just messing with me. I don't fancy those things. My friends said I'm too fool to let go but I like serious relationship. A girl all to myself is what I'm looking for.

My parents were both home. So does Maya's. Course they were. They're gonna tell her the biggest surprise aren't they? Lovely how their parents sees me as a good person. Yes I am but I like to mess around sometimes. Probably all the time.

"Dwayne, I cleaned up the room for the girl next door. She already knew right?"

My mom was the one who was getting too excited about Maya staying in. I know how it felt to have another person living under the same roof since we lost one last year. She's a warm and lovely person.

"Yeah she will by now. I'm getting a shower." Mom cheekily smiled at me and went into the kitchen. School was kinda fun today. I got to hold her hair. The smell of her strawberry shampoo very ravishing. Ronnie's presence in my life taught me a lot of things. That's why I knew how to braid hairs. Even though Ronnie was just 4, she's kind of the explorer type.

The warm shower refreshed me. So, tonight's her first night here. I can't hop into action since my parents will be in for the dinner with her. Talks will be just fine. She's probably pissed off when she knew. Knowing her parents will be going few more hours, and that I'll be seeing her more often by then.

Geez Dwayne why you sounded like wanting to spend more time with her?

····

When I was flicking through my iPod player, I heard faint argues coming from outside. What took the couple so long for telling her? I opened the window so that I can hear them talked.

"Mom can I just stay in our house? Trust me with the keys. They'll probably think I'm just a burden for them. Please? Or at least let me come with you guys. I'm sure the principal understand."

Grinning. Maya sure didn't want to stay in with us. With me.

"It's final Maya. You won't skip school. The Smiths are totally fine with you. I talked to them. What makes you don't want to anyway? Plus don't you dare tell me to trust you with the keys. Think about what you did last time."

What did she do last time?

"That was when I was 15. Please mom? I can take care of myself."

Even without looking at their conversation, her voice was quite adorable.

"And don't forget what happened in Florida about taking care of yourself."

What happened in Florida?

"You're not going and you're staying at the Smith's. That's final. No I don't want you to skip school. It's your senior year so make it count. You're graduating this year and I want it.."

I didn't stay to hear the rest of the conversation. Because either way I know she's staying in. Her mom was the persistent type and nothing can change her decision. Making my way downstairs and to the front porch, I can see Maya was not in her best state.

"Hello Mrs Noel."

"Hello Dwayne. Thanks for having her in for the week."

Maya kept her angry face at me. Laughing inside but keeping it stern outside.

"It's no big deal. She's fine with us. Have a safe trip to Florida ma'am." Maya's dad put in one last luggage into the booth and shook hands with me.

"Safe trip sir."

"Maya? Behave. Love you. Bye Dwayne!" Her mom stepped in the car along with her father. Leaving me and Maya at the front porch. The car soon getting smaller by distance.

"Get my luggage you twat." She commanded.

"Sorry what did you say?"

"Ughh nothing. Idiot." I watched her walked to my house. Putting effort to lift her luggage to the door. She waited me to open the door since I'm the host.

"You know I never have a girl guest in my house. Especially around my age." Twisting the door knob and letting her to go in first.

"Perv." Closing the door behind me when my mom popped out from the kitchen.

"Maya! So good to have you here. Please, make it just like your home." Mom hugged her tightly and broke off seconds later.

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Smith." She's feeling awkward. I can tell by the way she acted.

"Oh please just Rita. Dwayne, could you please help her with her stuff? You're hungry darling?" Maya pushed me her bag and grinning sheepishly. Enjoying that I ended up helping her with her stuff. Jesus, why was it damn heavy?

I settled down her bag in her room. Sure mom cleaned the room very well. Of course. Girls can be very choosy. That's why they're so irritating. She's talking to my mom and all the things my mother could boast of she'll probably said it already.

Typical mother.

My phone beeped. Ashton just texted me to go for tonight's campfire. Wanted to go for it so badly but Maya's in for dinner. So I just declined it, resulting him sending me a middle finger emoticon. Campfire wasn't anything likeable. It's just we get to spent time together, play a bit of games, fooling around. and for those lovebirds, some even date their night out.

And as for me, I could flirt with any girl I wanted to. But uhh, I think I'll just stick around with the one in my house right now. I was pretty preoccupied to pester her more. And that she put on a very merry live show.

Her luggage. Why was it so damn heavy? Did she put in somebody in there? So I illegally went sneaking up her bag. Starting to unzip the peachy bag when I heard the door opened. "What are you doing?" Oh snap didn't hear her coming.

"I was about to ask if you own any red thong? Because that'll be pretty hot if you do."

"Wow getting very pervy even though your mom's here. Get out. I need to change."

"Aww come on. You know I saw you in your innerwear the other day."

Her face raging immediately. A mixture of anger and a bit of shyness? "Jesus! Get out Dwayne." I only chuckled, leaving her heaving furious breath behind me. Ahh gotta make this week more intensified. More Maya. More fun.