{153} For Real

"Can I braid your hair now? I wanna try doing a fishtail braid!"

"No thank you."

"Wanna take a shower?" Jack pleaded innocently, wrapping his arms around Mark's waist and staring up at him with big, blue eyes.

Mark didn't look away from the basketball game on the television, only adjusting himself slightly on the bed.

The smaller boy huffed, knowing he probably wouldn't be getting Mark's attention for a while. His nose scrunched up as he tried thinking up something completely random and out of the blue to say, desperate to start a conversation.

Jack grinned, tucking his overgrown hair behind his ear, "You know, it's almost summer break!"

"Mhm."

He frowned at the lack of response, thinking up something else to spark a conversation. By now he'd come to the conclusion that Mark just didn't want to talk, but to just watch whatever basketball game was going on, only to cry when the team he rooted for lost. And Jack lowkey hoped his team would lose at this point.

Jack propped himself up and sat back on his heels, pulling the baggy white tee shirt he was wearing down over the penguin pictured boxer briefs he'd stolen from Mark's underwear drawer the night before.

"I'm in Lettuce Club at school."

Suddenly, Mark curled his lips and frowned in a disgusted manner, slightly cocking his head to the side as he finally gave his fiancé a confused look.

"Lettuce club? The fuck is that!?"

"You'll see." Jack giggled and blushed, "Basically every month a group of people sit in a room and each eat a head of lettuce. It's a race, and whoever finishes their lettuce first without throwing up becomes the leader and gets to choose the dressing everyone can eat with their lettuce for the next month's meeting."

The Asian boy snorted, and Jack watched as he slowly smiled, trying his hardest not to laugh.

"Oh, for real?"

"For real."

"Nahh, quit playin', baby." Mark snorted again, not even able to hold back his laughter anymore. He ran his fingers through his long tangled hair in complete disbelief. He was shocked that Lettuce club was something that existed at their school and he didn't know about it, but not at all surprised that Jack would join a club with such a strange and pointless concept.

"Maaaaaaarrrrrrrrk, Don't laugh! I'm dead serious!" Jack whined, playfully punching Mark's arm. "Malcolm made me sign up for it."

"I'm deceased. Honestly, that's probably the most pointless club to ever exist."

Jack raised an eyebrow as he folded his arms over his chest, "Do you wanna fight?"