{77} Zales

Mark sat in the passenger's seat of his dad's car. They were currently sitting in the parking lot at Zales, and he couldn't decided if he was super nervous or super excited, probably a mix of both. It's not everyday you go shopping for an engagement ring, and he was just scared that Jack wouldn't like whatever he picked out, or even reject his proposal entirely. He took in a slow, deep breath, glancing out the window toward the building.

"Ready? We've been sitting here for like ten minutes, we gotta go now." His dad lazily gestured toward the store. It was around 5:45 PM, and the sun was already going down.

Mark nodded and quickly tied his long, wavy hair back into a sloppy ponytail. They got out of the car and silently made their way toward the building.

As soon as they made it inside, Mark already felt overwhelmed at sight of all the different types of jewelry in the display cases all throughout the store. A clerk scurried up to them.

"Hi, guys! Welcome to Zales! Are you looking for anything special today that I can help you with? Perhaps you're searching for a special ring for a certain someone?" A tall, older man with white hair, dressed in a black suit with a red tie chirped.

"Yeah, I'm looking for an engagement r-"

"Oh my gosh!" The sales clerk cut him off before he could finish his sentence. "How old are you?What's the lucky lady's name?" The man asked, literally over the moon with excitement just like every other time someone came into the shop looking to buy an engagement ring.

Mark quickly glanced up at his dad who shrugged. He continued, "I'm sixteen. I don't really like girls, it's for my boyfriend... His name is Sean."

"That's so precious!" The man gasped, throwing his hands up. "How long have you and Sean been together? You're so young! I love it!"

"mmm, almost ten years. Since we were both in first grade."

The clerk went on and on about how cute the relationship was. He'd discussed with Mark what style ring he was looking for, what his ideal budget was, etc. He'd taken Mark and Clifton to look at almost every engagement ring in the store until Mark had found the perfect one and was able to leave the store with a beautiful ring for Jack.

A/N: You guys have to wait until the proposal to find out what the ring actually looks like! :D