{178} Alone Time

The front door slammed behind him and he bolted toward the stairs, thinking about none other than going to his room and staying there for the rest of his life.

"Mark?" Clifton asked in confusion. His eyebrows furrowed watching Mark completely ignore him as he ran up the stairs.

Sure, sometimes (rarely) he and Mark had a disagreement, but never has Mark just purposely ignored him. He glared at the two boys walking through the front door and they shrugged.

"What the hell..." He mumbled to himself, not bothering to excuse himself as he quickly ran after his son. And he recognized that something was wrong. It wasn't like Mark to hide from things, as he normally voiced his opinion on things that bothered him.

"Mark?" he knocked on the door, hearing nothing but shuffling on the other side. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. My iPad was dying, I wanted to make it to the charger before it died." He called back, lying and mustering up a fake chuckle that he hoped sounded somewhat genuine. "And I spilled water on my shirt, so I need to change."

Mark heard a sigh on the other end of the door, and once he was sure his dad had gone back downstairs, he laid back on his bed and unlocked his iPad. He tapped Jack's contact to FaceTime him, praying that he would answer, and of course he did.

"Marky!" Jack greeted innocently. His full, pink lips a little plumper, coated in a sparkly peach lip gloss. He set his phone a bit farther away from him on the bed and sat up, hugging a purple unicorn plushie. The happy look on his face contrasting with the tired one on Mark's.

"Hey, babes."

"You okay, honeybun?"

"I am now. We can talk about it later" Mark smirked, eyeing his fiancé. "What are you wearing?"

Jack blushed and slightly pulled up his baggy light pink sweatshirt, that had a picture of a cartoon strawberry over both of his nipples. quickly lifting up the bottom of his sweatshirt, he revealed the white lace underwear he was wearing. Another series of shy giggles erupted from his mouth and at this, Mark smiled.

"I love you." He sighed dreamily. His expression softening, and with a few more minutes of talking to Jack he'd practically forgotten about everything else.

"I love you, too! I'm home alone, by the way. Come over so I can make you feel better." Jack grinned innocently, his brown curls falling over one eye as he bit his plump lip.

Not thirty minutes later did Mark manage to sneak away from home and finally arrive at the McLoughlin residence. As soon as he reached the front door, a very sexy Jack quickly opened it and Mark caught him as he happily jumped into his arms, wrapping his arms around his neck and his short legs around his waist. 

"Hey, beautiful." The older boy sighed, kissing Jack's neck as he carried him to the bedroom and laid beside him on the bed.

"Hey, you wanna tell me what happened earlier?"

"Mmm..." Mark began, glancing up at the ceiling and rubbing his hands over his face. He sighed, "Justin and Noah were being really mean to me and I got upset. I guess they don't like the way I dress, cause they asked why I dress the way I do. And then Noah was like, IF mY MOm mArRieD CLiFtoN, wE'd LoOK lIkE a ReGuLaR faMiLy! Cause apparently I don't look like him."  He ranted, rolling his eyes.

Jack's heart ached for his fiancé. He knew Mark wasn't too concerned about what people thought of the way he dressed, but it did bother him when people made comments about things that were more personal to him. Jack kissed the other boy's lips and slipped a hand under his shirt.

"I'm sorry, darlin'. I think you do look like your dad, though."

"I guess. But it's just a bit uncomfortable because people always ask if I'm adopted or something... And when we're in public people look at us sometimes. Like, I don't think people think we're even related."

"You two are still cute together, and he loves you a lot. I love him, he's a snack. Like, he's literally one of the sexiest men on the earth."

"Yeah, I know... I love him, too" Mark pursed his lips and completely disregarded Jack's sexual comment towards his dad, although he did think it was quite humorous. He felt the crotch of his pants suddenly tighten as he briefly glanced at Jack next to him.

"You're sexy, baby boy." He added.

The small Irish boy blushed once again, jumping up to close the blinds before slightly pushing Mark off the bed and laying back down in the middle, looking innocent and vulnerable.

"You wanna...?" Mark started, waiting for a nod from Jack, giving him permission to pull his underwear down.