{146} I Really Don't Give a Fuck

"Deprived that girl of a peaceful walk, tomorrow's homework, an ounce of dignity and a week's worth of minty fresh breath. I really don't give a fuck, honestly." Jack shrugged, plopping down in one of the chairs next to his mom, across from the principal's desk.

The principal let out a breathy sigh and folded his hands on his desk. "You know you might face up to a week of suspension? Or since we only have a few weeks of school left, you might get suspended after finals and the suspension will carry over to next school year. both you and Savannah."

Jack grinned, "That's fine. I'm happy now, she got what she deserved."

"I just... Jack, what was your motive for fighting another student?"

"She crossed me. Tried to steal my man and talk shit."

Florrie covered her grin with a small hand, trying her hardest not to laugh. She quickly straightened herself out as the man glanced toward her, raising an eyebrow in confusion as to why she was laughing about the fact that her child had just brutally beaten another student. The young woman had rushed over from her 'boring job', still dressed professionally in her 'professional clothes' which consisted of a short black dress and black pointed-toe heels. Her long, curly brown hair fell perfectly down her back, and she tucked a few strands behind her ear.

"Mrs. McLoughlin, I don't see what's so funny. There's nothing funny about a fight between two students, and Sean should be disciplined properly while he's at home, thinking about what happened."

"Mmm, well, honestly. I'm not gonna do anything about it. I don't blame him." She began in her thick, Irish accent, "If I tried to steal your wife, wouldn't you want to beat my ass, too?"

"Mrs. McLoughlin, this isn't what this is ab-"

She glared at the older man, "Yes, it is. Sean felt threatened, so he defended himself."

"I think maybe since you're so young, you don't quite unde-"

She cut him off again and ripped the paper with Jack's suspension information on it, watching as the little pieces fluttered to the carpeted floor. "Don't tell me because I'm young means I don't know how to be a parent. That's a lie."

Or was it? Florrie knew she wasn't quite sure what she was doing being a parent. but her kids sort of turned out fine.

"That's not what I'm trying to say, I-"

"Listen, you can talk all you want, but I really don't give a fuck." She shrugged, knitting her eyebrows together and biting her lip as she glanced at the clock, 1:45 P.M,"I really don't feel like being here anymore, so tell your secretary to call my other kids down here cause I'm taking them home now, too."

Jack giggled, and without hesitation, the principal ordered the secretary to call Mark and Malcolm down from their classes.

Florrie grabbed her purse and harshly tossed the ballpoint pen back onto the sign out sheet on the desk.

"I feel so blessed." Jack smiled, grabbing Mark's hand as they followed his mother and older brother through the front doors of the school.

"Me too."