Never Knew // BAM // Part 62

Mia's POV:

     "After that I went home to process everything. The next day I went to get Starbucks so I wasn't cooped up in my room all day. When I saw Mike. He pulled me into an alleyway, gave me another one of them injections and told me to meet him at his headquarters every day. He gave me the address." Leo sighed, his eyes dropping to the floor as he shook his head in disbelief,

"Every day I went. Every day he injected me with a needle. It was drugs. It was what changed my mood. I turned, horrible, to Tilly and Victoria. I'm glad nobody else was home. I went crazy." He admitted, his voice gone quieter. I bit my lip nervously.

     "But after 2 weeks of that. I turned into someone completely different. I'd have phases where I was my normal self, but I was mainly... horrible. I'd spend all my time in my room so I couldn't hurt anyone or at the headquarters. He said if I didn't go he'd kill you both in an instant." He squeaked, his eyes tightly closed, his fists scrunched up, "then one day, he told me to hurt you guys. He told me the plan. Of what they're doing. He didn't give your names. I never asked. I was just full on set on getting you 2 to safety." Tears spilling down his cheeks now as he reluctantly opened his eyes, glancing between the both of us. "Jess helped. She came over most of the time. Telling me what Mikes like. What's going on." A small smile on his face. I sighed, Jess still hurt us.

     "When... I came in to hurt you guys. I was put on something else that day. But I was getting... hallucinations. Dizziness. Unaware of my surroundings nor what I was doing. That's why I couldn't recognise you, as well as your makeovers. It was like... I'd turned into a minion. I was obeying his orders, having... no emotions about any of it." He finished.
      "Then take it from there. You probably know the rest. I remember them talking about putting you both on an island. I was involved. They said someone at random will have to make sure you both die there. I was obviously chosen. That boat was there so if you'd found it, you could escape. But the sea would break the boat and drown you before you could get to any land." Leo finished off, sorrow filling his eyes.

    "There was also drugs in the water. That's why Charlie collapsed, why I went a bit... crazy." Leo quietly mumbled. "And even if I get fined or put into jail for this. I want to tell my side of the story. To protect you guys from Mike - or even from me." Leo announced, his voice croaky and weak.

     "Leo. We can't part. What will bambinos say about it?" Charlie hissed, as he fell back against the chair, placing his hand on his forehead as he processed it all. I sat there in silence, shocked by it all. Leo shook his head, sighing,

     "I don't know. But it's your choice." He trembled, gazing down at the table.

      "Don't talk about it." I demanded, "you can plan out your friendship after this is all over with. Right now, we need to plan what we're going to tell the Police."

     "I'm prepared to tell them everything," Leo firmly announced, tears running down his cheeks. I sighed,

      "Leo, you won't get into prison. It's not your fault," I reassuringly strained.

      "I broke the law. I took drugs. I helped plot a killing mission to my own best friends. I hurt you both." Leo answered, his voice gone cold.

      "You were forced into doing it." I snapped.

       "Quit arguing! I think we should just tell the police everything we just told each other but in further detail. If we don't, Mikes still out there and can kill us all. At least the police will be on our side now. Also, if we don't tell them we're going to rehab." Charlie spat. I bit my lip, knowing he's right.

But what position will this put Leo in?

I sighed, reluctantly nodding my head,

     "Leo, make sure to sound innocent. Tell them everything. About the threats involved as well," I mumbled. Leo nodded. Charlie sighed, crossing his arms,

     "I can't wait till this is all over, so we can just get back to our normal routines." Charlie bluntly laughed.

This is all my fault.

      "Charlie..." I nervously began. suddenly remembering what Mike had said. "Your best friend..." I whispered, "you need to tell the police what happened that night," I calmly spoke. Charlie bit his lip, furrowing his eyebrows together,

     "We all happened to be out that night." He started. He paused for a few seconds, as if trying to figure out how to put this into words. "I was with her, Sarah, we were just walked through the streets. I saw your Dad fighting with Mike in the streets, so I went over and tried to stop it. Then they turned to us, and Mikes gang and your Dads gang showed up. Then everything went chaotic." He sighed, "its all a blurred image," Charlie scrunched his face up, as if trying to remember what happened.

     "They all suddenly had guns. Mike shot one of your Dads members for trying to stop it. Then another one of your Dads gang members shot one of Mikes. Then Sarah screamed, she got shot. By Jake. Jake had fire in his eyes, literally. I went ballistic and knocked one of Mikes gang members out and got the gun, I shot his son, Kade." He reluctantly spoke. "So I could get done too." He whispered, shaking his head in disbelief.

    "I'm sorry, Char." I mumbled quietly. "He's killed someone close to the both of us," I reluctantly sighed. "And you killed someone close to him." I finished off. Charlie bit his lip, nodding his head,

     "The memory of Kade's face as I shot him. He had a gun in his hand, preparing to pull the trigger at your Dad." Charlie swallowed. "At the time, I had no idea who they all were. Only Jake as I recognised him from school and being the troublemaker." Charlie slightly chuckled.

     "We have to go in separately." Leo announced, changing the subject quickly as he glanced between the both of us. We nodded our heads, biting our lips.

     "Mia, you're the only one here who can't get into trouble for anything - apart from taking the drugs." Charlie announced, "but that's different. As we all got forced to take drugs." I nodded swallowing hard.

     "I'll make it sound persuasive." I slightly chuckled, "I'll say about how Leo had no idea what was going on. And make Mike and the rest of his gang seem like the baddies." I rolled my eyes at the name. Charlie and Leo had a small smirk on there face at it.

     "Okay then." Leo sighed, "I hope this goes well." He quietly mumbled, gazing at the table, his face gone pale from fright.

      "It will go well. Non of us have anything to be guilty for. We were all just... trying to protect each other. And people died along the way, people got hurt and betrayed along the way, but we're here now and prepared to tell the story." I encouragingly announced.

     "Nice prep talk, but I could do with a foul mood so I don't seem so cheery about almost dying a couple times and being tortured for 2 months." Charlie joked, as he rolled his eyes. I huffed, giggling slightly.

     "Okay, are you ready for this?" I asked, my heart warming, so glad to be back with my 2 best friends, even if it is for only half an hour.

      "Yeah." They both reluctantly sighed.