Never Knew // BAM // Part 9

Listennnn^;)

Mias pov:

We walked down the streets, hand in hand.

"Where are you taking me?" I curiously asked, raising an eyebrow. Charlie smiled at me,

"Well, as you've been going through a rough time, I decided to treat you with a little surprise." He cheekily winked. My heart fluttered, excitement filling me.

"Aw, thank you, Charlie. This truly means a lot to me." I blushed. Charlie shrugged,

"Don't thank me yet, you haven't seen the surprise!" I giggled.

*•*•*•*•*•*

15 minute walk later, we walked around some trees, which is blocking off something. Once we got past them, my mouth opened in shock, instantly falling in love with the area we're currently stood in. A beautiful meadow, with several different types of flowers surrounding it. The sunset right in front. In the middle of the field, lay a picnic blanket with a feast on it. I stood their, gazing at it in complete awe. I couldn't speak. I just took in my surroundings. It was like a fairy tail.

"Charlie..." I started, "this is beautiful, thank you, so much. For bringing me here. It's the most amazing surprise... ever." I whispered, speaking in complete truth. Charlie smirked then slipped his arm around my waist, walking me towards the picnic blanket. We sat down on it. Nutella, strawberries, Nutella sandwiches, crisps, breadsticks and so much more food lay out across the blanket. Charlie sat in front of me gazing into my eyes.

"So I guess you like it?" He smiled. I rapidly nodded,

"It's amazing." I crawled over to Charlie and pulled him into a tight hug. He hugged me back. My body tingled, our arms securely wrapped around each other. After a few minutes, we parted and gazed into each others eyes. I felt his finger tips gently stroke my cheek, causing my heart to leap. I then sat back, a small blush on my face.

"Well.. we can't just leave the food waiting" Charlie pointed out. I laughed and responded,

"Nope!"

*•*•*•*•*•*

We finished most of the food. It was delicious. I decided to lay down and admire the sunset. I stared at Charlie, the sun shimmering down onto his face. He then decided to lay down next to me after gazing out at the sunset for a few minutes. I rested on my elbow and leaned over him, gazing at him.

"Charlie, how can I thank you enough?" He makes me so happy, and knows what to do. He stroked my cheek, grinning at me,

"You came, that's all I need." I blushed, hiding my face behind my hair. He's adorable! I felt the sudden urge to press my lips against his, taste his delicate lips. I forced myself to resists the urge, but we just stayed their gazing into each others eyes.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*

You know the time, how when you're extremely bored time goes SO slow. When you're having fun, time goes SO quick. Unfortunately, for me the time went extremely quick. Before I knew it, it was 9pm.

"Charlie.." my voice strained, not wanting to leave this beautiful place. I held onto his hand snuggled into him, gazing at the sky, butterflies erupting in my stomach as he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close against his strong body.

"Yes, princess?" Charlie questioned, in a daze.

"I've got to get going home... my mum will be worried" I mumbled, with a sad sigh. My Mum wants me to come home earlier and earlier now. She's scared my Dad will try and take me away from her. I understand why she's overprotective, but I'm 15. Charlie nodded reluctant, his eyes dropping to the floor.

"Okay then. Well let's start walking." he sighed, untangling his arms from around me, warm heat instantly leaving me. He then got up and held out his hand for me to help me up. I securely grasped it, smiling gratefully at him as he pulled me up. I don't want to leave to go home to my miserable mum and brother who hasn't said 2 words to me since Dad left.

"What's wrong?" Charlie questioned. He held onto both my hands, so he faced me.

"just my brother, since Dad's left, he hasn't said 2 words to me.. my mum... I'm worried about her. She's so down all the time, moody, demanding, taking her anger out on me" I sighed, deciding to tell him what's going through my mind. I can trust Charlie. Charlie replied,

"Don't worry, it's just rough going for you all. You'll get used to the changes, just stay hopeful, okay?" He reassuringly spoke, giving my hand a gentle squeeze. I nodded and rested my head on Charlie's chest, tears threatening to spill. He wrapped his arms around me. I'm so lucky to know him.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

We reached my door.

My house was dark. Quiet. Gloomy.

"Okay. Well I'll see you tomorrow Mia, ok?" Charlie hugged me.

"Ok, missing you already" I smiled, hugging Charlie back. Charlie laughed as he pulled out of the hug,  kissing my forehead. He then gave me one last smile before untangling his arms from around me and then turning around. He then left.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

I strolled inside. Mum sleeping on the couch. I sighed, shaking my head sadly as I walked into the kitchen, to grab a drink.

"Mia?" I heard my mum say. I jumped, and turned to face my mum.

"What?" I snapped, not glancing in her direction.

"I think it's time..." She spoke, letting out a breath.

"for?" I raised an eyebrow, questions filling my mind, as I peered over at her for a few seconds. Her face seemed to be nervous, yet excited and overjoyed.

"I think I've found a new man, I know it sounds too soon, but I can't live like this no more, nor can you" Mum answered. I dropped the drink, the glass smashing onto the floor and the juice splattering across the floor.

"W-wha?" I trembled, not caring about the drink in this moment. She's found a new man? Replacing my Dad? I felt a bullet go through my heart, my heart shattering into another million pieces.

"Sweetie, after school tomorrow, you can meet him" My mum encouragingly spoke.

"How long have you known him?" I asked, biting my lip.

"A week we've been hanging around for, but today he asked me out. But he's an old friend so he isn't like a complete stranger." She answered. I stared at her in disbelief. How could she replace my Dad so soon?!

"I'm not meeting him." I simply spoke.

"Yes you are, come home straight after school. You're meeting him, he's called Mike." My mum demanded.

"Does Jason know?" I snapped, my blood boiling in anger.

"I told him earlier, he.. he went out." she glared down at the floor.

"Right, I'm doing the same!" I answered, then turned and ran out of the door. I'm not meeting her new 'boyfriend.' She can't just recover like that. She can't even look after her own children properly. How can she except to add a guy into the problem as well?

"Mia!" She angrily yelled. I completely ignored her and slammed the door shut. I can't stand this house.