Never Knew // BAM // Part 20

Mias POV:
I decided to ditch school for the rest of the day. Nobody noticed. I strolled to Starbucks to get a cappuccino. After I got a cappuccino, I strolled to an streets alleyway which is right next to Starbucks. I leaned against the wall, slowly sliding down the wall onto the floor as I securely held the cappuccino, it instantly warming my hands. I closed my eyes for a few minutes, heavily breathing, trying to calm my nerves as my mind span. I reluctantly opened my eyes, my soft brown eyes wandering around the area I'm in. I bit my lip, seeing bins surround me, large puddles  from previous rain. I then suddenly caught sight of a familiar face. His soft emerald eyes, gazing into mine with confusion, his brown messy hair covering his forehead as he peered over at me, his eyebrows furrowed. Jake. He rushed up to me, his hands in his pockets as he slouched over slightly. He reached me and instantly slid down the wall,  sitting down next to me with his legs spread out, his head resting against the wall as he peered over at me, an eyebrow rose. He looks exhausted,  like he's not slept, with dark circles resting under his eyes. His clothes are ripped, with bruises roaming across his face.

    "You look terrible" Jake admitted, breaking the silence. I nodded slowly, biting my lip, feeling a sense of dread to what I look like as I sipped on the cappuccino which has now slightly cooled down.

     "You've looked better." I replied after a few seconds. Jake sighed, wrapping his strong arm around my shoulder. I appreciatingly accepted it as I rested my head on his rock hard chest, which somewhat felt comfortable.

     "What happened?" Jake asked, his voice soft and filled with care. So I told him about lunch, a sudden feeling of trust for Jake. About how Jess bullies me but is flirting with Charlie. About what happened during lunch. Jake listened, his eyebrows furrowed together as he cocked his head to the side slightly. After I'd finished my rant, he bit his lip and slowly nodded his head, before looking forward and staring at the wall opposite us.

    "High school though" he sighed, shaking his head in disbelief.

     "Yeah." I bluntly laughed, before asking, "Why aren't you their?"

      "Ditched. You?" He wandered, peering over at me.

       "Same. Nobody notices nor cares" I shrugged my shoulders, gazing down at the ground, fiddling with my shirt.

        "I do" he whispered into my ear, his breath softly hitting my ear. I curiously looked at him, cocking my head to the side slightly, my heart fluttering at his sudden care. I looked deeply into his eyes, trying to examine him, work out who he is.

He seems so full of secrets. 

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

We stayed their for an hour or so. Mainly in silence, only having small talk. He just comforted me, and that's all I was willing to ask for at the time. I'm glad he didn't question further. I knew that school has ended by now so we finally decided to start walking home. Jake wrapped his arms around my waist as I rested my head on his shoulder, us just strolling back home.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Leos POV:
I strolled home, slouching over with my hands in my pockets. My good moods disappeared ever since lunch, and I've been in no mood to talk to anyone since Mia ran off. Mia wasn't in any afternoon classes nor so I couldn't explain any of it to her. I slowly lifted my head, my eyebrows furrowing as I frowned slightly, catching sight of someone wearing a black hoodie, wearing mine and Mia's matching outfit. And she looks exactly like Mia  from behind. Her soft, brown hair blew gently in the breeze.  She has her head rested on some guys shoulder with his arm wrapped around her waist.