Never Knew // BAM // Part 52

Mia's POV:

Today will be different. I can sense it.

My bones are tingling in wander and anticipation. For the past 5 days, nobodies hurt me. I don't know why. It's a good thing however, and I'm not complaining.

I've been constantly having makeovers, Freya doing my makeup, making sure my hair looked perfect, giving me contact lenses to put in and making my outfits look amazing, allowing me to have a shower every day and smell amazing.

I feel confused by the whole situation, never the less relived. Maybe they're preparing for me to leave however making it seem like nobody hurt me? I look nothing like what I used to look like. I don't think anyone who hasn't seen me for the past week would recognise me. I haven't seen Charlie nor. So I wander what he looks like?

Logan comes in daily now to constantly kiss me and leave me heartbroken, other than that I've only had the hateful name callings and threats from Mike, Jess and the rest. They've been feeding me decently - a decent amount on my plate for tea. My weights starting to re-gain, however the bruises are still showing. Still haunting me at night.

Yesterday they gave me 3 courses. Which is why I feel today's going to be different. And I just have this feeling - a sensation - that something either really good or really terrible is going to happen.

I sat on the dusty ground of the dark room, filled with one light bulb which gives barely any light and flickers. It feels ice cold. It's around 2pm and I'm just awaiting for someone like Logan to come in.

A feeling of relief rushing through me at the thought of it won't end in hours worth of pain. I smiled slightly, feeling grateful. Either something really good or something really bad will come from this act of kindness.

I patiently tapped my shoe onto the floor, awaiting for Logan. Suddenly, I heard the padlocked, metal chained door creak open. I instantly stood up, resting against the wall, staring at the door.

The figure came in, however I could instantly tell it wasn't Logan because of the outfit. Nor green eyed guy due to the height and size of the figure. I swallowed, confusion filling my head.

Who is it?

The person reluctantly stepped forward towards me, holding something in his hand, causing my body to tremble. It looked like a cloth. I continued to stare at the figure, wandering who it is. The room being too dark to even show who it was.

All I could tell was that he or she had the black outfit on. The outfit showing they're working with Mikes gang.

The figure paced towards me, instantly wrapping a hand around my neck. I blinked a few times, registering what he or she's doing. The person had a gentle touch, however clearly using unwanted force.

His or her touch caused electric shocks to shoot through my body, a sudden sense of calmness melting through me.

What?

Why am I feeling calmed by the fact that someone's strangling me?

My head span in pure confusion, as I blinked a few times. I focused on his or her eyes in the dim shadowy light, trying to work out who it was.

All of a sudden, realisation hit me. He has brown eyes. That cause me to melt into them and feel in utter peace. Chocolatey brown eyes which I could get lost in all day. However the sparkle in them had been lost, his eyes replaced with dimness and darkness, dark circles resting under his eyes like tattoos, causing my heart to weaken. His touch sends electric shocks to run through my body, causing peace and calmness to wipe through me.

I swallowed hard, forcing myself to continue to breath between his tight grip around my neck. He can't recognise me. A second before the cloth went over my mouth, I whispered the words, begging he recognises who I am,

"Leo." I cried weakly, my voice turning croaky and quiet from the fact that I have hardly any breath, as the cloth was forcefully placed over my mouth, causing my eyes to shut rapidly as I smelt the cloth.

Seconds before my brain shut down, I saw a flash of realisation spread through Leo's eyes, pain instantly melting through them, but soon covered up, as if he didn't even know it were me.

*•*•*•*•*•*

I suddenly woke up, hearing the sound of a wild car engine. I flashed my eyes open, my eyesight slightly blurred, realising I'm sat in the back seat of an 8 seater van, with dark windows so nobody can see out, nor can anybody see in. There's seats opposite each other, the driver and passenger seat in front with metal bars covering them. I'm sat surrounding 5 other people.

"She's awake" I heard a deep voice speak, sounding slightly Scottish.

I warily looked around, only seeing people with black outfits on. Meaning only their eyes were seeable. Also meaning they're part of Mikes gang.

I suddenly remembered what happened, causing a stab of pain to hit my chest.

It was Leo.

I looked around for Leo, desperate to see him. Asking what he did, why he did it. Why he's working for Mike! Anger raced through me, trying to believe that Leo wouldn't do that without reason, but right now all I could feel was hurt and betrayal.

"What do you want me to do about it?!" I heard another voice snap. I could instantly tell it was Logan.

"Hit her!" He told another one of the gang members.

I looked forward, seeing someone twist their body around to grab a metal pole from in the corner of the van, holding it tightly in his hand. He held it behind his head, ready to hit me with it.

I melted further against the chair, fright filling my mind. I looked into his eyes, instantly knowing it was Leo. The bottom of my lip wobbled, wanting to cry.

Why is Leo doing this?!

I rapidly shook my head at him, feeling a few tears spill down my cheeks, my heart racing. Leo would never hurt me, would he? I saw Leo let out a heavy sigh, his eyes dropping to the floor.

"I can't..." his voice whispered, slightly dropping the metal pole. I let out a heavy breath of relief. But I've never heard him so broken and lost before. His voice weak, sorrow and pain filled it. Croaky and quiet. Instantly my entire body crashed down, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Do it!" One of the guys snapped at him. Leo trembled as he securely held the metal pole once again, lifting it up so he held it behind him, letting out a deep and heavy breath, as if preparing himself. His eyes locked with mine for a split second, however it wasn't the same Leo as I knew.

Then, to my utter shock, he swung it forward, so it hit my head with force and instantly knocked me out. A gasp erupted from my lips, pure shock filling me.

He broke his promise.

He hurt me.

He physically knocked me out. My heart crashed as my eyes closed, my body turning limp and collapsing back against the chair. Utter pain filled my head, my heart throbbing in betrayal.

What happened to Leo?
What happened to my Letella?
What happened to my best friend?

My last thoughts before the world around me went silent, and my mind shut down.