Never Knew // BAM // Part 33

Mia's POV:
We raced up into Leos room and collapsed onto his bed. Leo turned on the TV then turned on Netflix, opening season 1 of spongebob.

"You prepared?" Leo smirked, raising his eyebrow up and down at me. I smirked back and winked,

"Ready."

*•*•*•*

We're on the 3rd season of spongebob now. We've spent hours just eating Nutella and ice cream, singing along to spongebob.

"Did you know that you can now officially light a fire underwater?! Science proves wrong!" Leo announced, waving his arms about to exaggerate, a massive smile spread across his face.

"Spongebob has more brains than scientists!" I gasped, giggling.

"Maybe we should try it some day?" Leo smirked, his eyes widening in excitement, humour filling his eyes.

"Brilliant idea Leo!" I sarcastically spoke, rolling my eyes slightly, the playful smirk never leaving my face.

"I know." He winked, dipping his finger in the nutella pot then putting it on my nose. I scrunched my face up, quickly doing the same to Leo but only on his forehead.

"Nutellaaaa!" Leo screeched, putting 3 fingers on each hand in the nutella then wiping it on my cheeks in lines.

"We can be nutinjas!" I excitedly spoke, doing the same to Leo across his cheeks.

"I'll be Letella, you'll be Mitella!" Leo jumped up and down on the bed, excitement filling his voice.

"Yesss!!" I squealed, joy filling me. I felt true happiness at that moment. I know it won't last but it feels so good to actually feel happy for once. I smiled, treasuring every second of the moment.

A few hours later, I looked over at Leo who lay their watching the TV in complete concentration. His soft brown hair covered his eyes, a small pout on his face. I nudged him with my elbow.

"Letella, I have to go" I pouted, dreading having to go home. Back to Mike.

"Nooooo!" He complained, wrapping me in a tight hug; refusing to let me go.

"Leoo!" I complained, "I have to make dinner!" I glanced over at the time. 7pm. Extremely late.

"B-but-" he tried to protest but I cut him off, frowning slightly,

"No" I firmly spoke.

"Why?" He pouted, giving me puppy looks.

"I've got to make dinner." I stated, trying to unwrap his arms from around me. He let out a heavy sigh, tightening his grip around me.

"But I'll miss you" he pouted, his gentle, chocolate eyes gazing into mine. I rolled my eyes, pecking his nose,

"I'll see you again before you know it." I promised, gripping his hands and holding them

"Do you promise?" Leo gazed into my eyes, care filling them. I felt my heart melt, a small smile melting into my face.

"Of course I promise." I smiled, kissing his cheek. I finally let go of him and stood up, preparing to go to the place I call home.

*•*•*•*•*•*

I sneaked into the kitchen, putting on dinner. I grabbed something quick to cook, putting it in the oven. I reluctantly stood up again, catching sight of Mike in the other room with empty beer cans surrounding him and him passed out on the couch.

At least he's not awake.

Half an hour later, I served dinner and put his on the table in front of him, making sure to not wake him. I then sneaked to my room and shut it. Where I'll be spending the rest of the night.

I thought over everything that's occurred today.

Leo being there for me.

Charlie not even caring.

I sighed, digging my face into my pillow unable to sleep. I groaned giving up as I slowly stood up, strolling downstairs to make coffee and preparing myself for my marathon of Netflix for the night.

*•*•*•*•*•*

I had an hours worth of sleep. I did my morning routine, feeling lazy with the makeup. Sleep spread all over my eyes, my body soar and weak. I applied as much makeup as I could then grabbed my school bag and walked out of my bedroom door, letting out a deep sigh as I prepared for another day in school.

I strolled downstairs, frowning. I slowly lifted my head, gasping suddenly as shock filled me. My mum stood in the lounge, her bag dropped on the floor as she gloomily looked around the place. Beer cans were spread out all over the table. I looked at my Mum. Sleep under her eyes, strands of grey hair from stress, weak and thin body. I felt tears start to roll down my cheeks, my eyes lighting up in happiness.

"M-mum?" I questioned.

I haven't seen her for 2 months.

"Mia?!" She questioned, furrowing her eyebrows together as she stared at the stairs. We stared at each other for a few seconds, examining each other. Our relationships not good at all. But I still care about my Mum.

"Why the beer?!" She suddenly yelled, her jaw clenched as she stared at me in hatred.

"What?" I gasped, stepping back slightly from shock.

"Why was you drinking?!" She screamed, her voice filled with bitter coldness.

"W-what? T-that was Mike!" I protested, shaking my head in disbelief.

"He doesn't drink." She stated, crossing her arms in denial. I shook my head, feeling the bottom of my lip tremble, my heart shattering.

"He does Mum. What sort of mum believes their boyfriend over their daughter?!" I asked, my voice filled with strain.

"Me." She spat. I shook my head in disbelief, my mouth open slightly, having no clue how to respond.

"Do you even care?" I muttered after a few seconds of silence. She gave me a glare, then stormed off as she looked for Mike. I felt tears stream down my face, my heart racing in disbelief and shock.

What's happened to my Mum?

I want her back.

*•*•*•*•*

I stepped towards school, wiping the last of the tears, my body hunched over. I entered the doors, in no mood to get picked on now. Of course the first person I see is Logan. I let out a deep sigh, frowning slightly.

"Mia." Logan firmly spoke, an evil grin which I used to love on his face.

"Logan." I answered firmly. I tried to get past, however he just blocked my path, so I simply asked,

"Can I get past please."

"No." he growled, bitterness filling his voice. I sighed, securely closing my eyes. I stood their, feeling my heart loudly beat, anger bubbling through me.

"Logan, get the hell out of my way." I demanded, my jaw clenched as I opened my eyes, glaring at him.

"Aw, is Mia getting feisty?" He mocked, a bitter laugh escaping his lips. I growled, suddenly noticing my hand come out and punch him in the nose. He bent over in pain, letting out a loud gasp as he placed his hand over his nose, blood oozing down his face.

"Don't make me say it again." I spat, pushing him out of the way so I can pass. I felt people's eyes on the scene and phones rested out. I looked back at Logan who stood there still bent over in pain, his eyes full of hatred.

When will he get the message:

I don't want him back.

Never Knew | Bars&Melody Fanfiction | ✅On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara