Never Knew // BAM // Part 54

Mias POV:

I felt Leo collapse onto the sandy floor beside me, him letting out heavy breaths from exhaustion as he placed his arms behind him on the sand and leaned backwards, spreading his legs out, as the rain drooled down his body.

He warily peered out of the corner of his eye, biting his lip nervously as he gazed at me. I looked at him, but I just felt pain. Alone. Lost.

He doesn't even know who I am.

We sat their in silence, the rain echoing out my thoughts. Leo's eyes was staring at me in curiosity. I sat there curled in a ball, staring out at the rough and wild sea. My heart dropped, realising how alone I am right now.

     "I don't know what to say." Leo broke the awkward silence as he mumbled quietly, hardly loud enough for me to hear. I warily glanced at him, nervously biting my lip

      "Why did you do that?" I hoarsely questioned, my voice weak and broken. Leo nervously bit his lip, staring down at the ground.

       "I can't explain it all..." he whispered sorrowfully, hurt straining his voice. I looked at him in confusion, never the less not pushing the situation.

I wander if he knows it's me?

I let out a heavy breath, shaking my head in disbelief.

       "You aren't forgiven." I growled, standing up, my body still weak and shivering as I paced up the beach, desperate to find someone else.

"You aren't going alone." Leo demanded firmly, standing up to follow behind me.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*

I let out a sigh as I saw the cliffs, surrounding the beach. They looked so tall; around 20 meters high causing me to feel tiny compared to it. The cliffs felt intimidating. I saw rocks tumbling down it and cracks in the cliffs, with brambles and grass sticking out of the  gaps. All I could see on top of it was dark oak trees, tall and stand out clearly. I couldn't see any further than that.

From the angle I'm in, it looks like a circle from the angle I'm in. It doesn't look very large, it looks on the smaller side.

Leo stood next to me, trudging along with his hands in his pockets. We've been walking for about 15 minutes now, losing more hope as each second passes.

Luckily the rains stopped now, we're only able to see fog. And a lot of it.

I suddenly spotted a figure curled in a ball huddled by the cliffs a few meters away. The figure was hardly noticeable; however I could clearly tell it was humans figure. I pointed the figure out to Leo, who's head instantly snapped in his or hers direction. We rushed towards the figure through the squishy sand, curiosity filling me.

Once we reached the figure, the figure became more clear and visible. It was definitely a he. He has black, messy hair which looks soaked. He's wearing black jeans with a dark blue hoodie on, his hands tugging violently at his hair with his head facing his knees. I bit my lip nervously, lightly tapping his shoulder.

      "Hello?" I asked, my voice coming out hoarse. The figures hands stopped tugging at his hair, his body freezing for a split second as if he were horrified. He then slowly lifted his head, facing me and Leo. I blinked a few times, taking in his features. Dark blue, electrifying eyes causing shivers to run down my spine. Sharp jawline, his beard stubble, and has a hard expression, however  I felt like I recognised it. His eyes wandered at me for a second, then his eyes adjusted to Leo's. The guy blinked a few times, as if in shock, then melted further against the wall, his eyes opening in pure fear.

        "Hey, I recognise you from... Mike." Leo awkwardly stated, edgily biting his lip. I glared at Leo, shocked to know he'd hurt him too.

          "I know." His cold voice muttered, as he dug his face back into his hands.

I let out a heavy sigh, crouching down and lightly touching his hands, pulling it away from his face then securely holding it in my hand, twisting my ice cold fingers around his securely.

        "I can't believe you Leondre." The guys dark voice muttered. Leo's head bent to the side, looking at him in confusion.

         "How do you both know who I am?" Leo asked in confusion. I blinked a few times, urging not to yell at Leo.

I'm his best friend.

          "I'm Charlie. Charlie Lenehan." The guy spoke, glaring at Leo with hatred filled in them.

My eyes opened in pure shock as I looked over at Charlie, relief and happiness filling me.

        "Charlie?!" I squealed, a sudden excitement filling me. Charlie rose an eyebrow, a small smirk playing on his lips at me.

        "The one and only. Mia." He winked playfully. I pulled Charlie in for a hug, happiness erupting inside of me as our arms wrapped around each other securely. I'm finally in someone I care about arms again. I smiled widely, warmth instantly filling me.

After a minute or so, we parted. We grinned at each other for a few seconds, our eyes glistening. We then looked over at Leo, who stood there with a shocked expression, tears blurring his vision.

      "What?" Leo whispered, his voice broken.

        "You couldn't even recognise us, your own best friends." Charlie snapped, anger racing through him as he went to punch Leo. I instantly grabbed Charlie's wrist, stopping him.

       "Charlie." I sternly demanded. Charlie continued to stare at Leo in disbelief and hatred.

        "I-I.... didn't know..." Leo mumbled awkwardly, tears slipping down his cheeks. A sudden wash of pain melted through me, but I swept it to the side remembering what he'd did to us.

       "Honestly, Jess said to me it wasn't you who I was doing any of this to." Leo innocently shrugged. I shook my head in disbelief,

       "You were listening to Jess?!" I screeched.

        "She said she'd helped me to find you guys!" Leo folded his arms, stubbornly sticking to his side of the story.

       "Right, Jess the girl who cheated on me and attacked me and hurt me." Charlie muttered. Leo bit his lip edgily,

        "I'll tell you everything when we get back. Just please. Can we not do this here?!" Leo growled, frustration filling him. I sighed, standing up and grasping Charlie's hand to help him stand up.

        "The fogs clearing. We can can try and see if there's any land nearby." I frowned in hope. Charlie and Leo nodded, both walking on each side of me as we strolled back towards the dark blue sea, which caused shivers to run down my spine from the coldness .

*•*•*•*•*•*

We sat by the sea for an hour, awaiting for the fog to clear. We sat in silence, just thinking of everything that's happened over the past few months.

It's shocking to know how much has happened. It was all started because of a heartbreak.

I let out a heavy sigh and rested my head against Charlie's shoulder. Charlie peered over at me, never the less wrapped an arm over my shoulder. Leo glanced at us, jealously filling his eyes.

       "Sucks, doesn't it? We went through all of that. For this." I mumbled quietly, gazing out at the sea that's now slightly more peaceful. Charlie bluntly laughed, no humour filling it as he replied,

      "I don't think I'll ever understand why it happened." He admitted, gently stroking my hair. I shook my head, tears blurring my vision.

       "I hope it doesn't all end here." I whispered, hardly loud enough for him to hear.

        "That's why it won't. We'll get you home Mia, I promise." Charlie promised, kindness filling his voice. I smiled weakly at him, tears now rapidly falling down my cheeks.

        "Wherever home is." I mumbled in response, slowly closing my eyes and relaxing my body, finally feeling at rest.