Never Knew // BAM // Part 44

Mia's POV:

I lay on my bed, constantly replaying what Jake had told me 5 days ago.

Charlie's not safe.
They know where he is.
What he's planning on doing.

I let out deep breaths, trying to calm my nerves down. I've been here for so long now and not moved, purely frightened for Charlie.

Charlie could be anywhere right now. And Mike, including his gang, are rough and could hurt Charlie in so many different ways. And I'm not there to help him.

I debated whether I should tell Leo or not, but know that would just destroy him more than he's already feeling destroyed.

I groaned and dug my face into my pillow, my head throbbing from overthinking. Surely they haven't hurt Charlie? If they know where he is, surely they would make sure Charlie doesn't know they know?

     "Mia, this came for you." I heard someone announce, as the door swiftly opened. I quickly sat up and sadly looked at Jake, who held an envelope in his hand, holding it out for me.

     "Thanks." I mumbled, swiftly grabbing it from his hand.

      "It's okay." He smiled weakly. I forced the smile in return. However Jake just rose an eyebrow and strolled over towards my bed, collapsing next to me.

      "Mia, are you all right?" He worriedly asked, care swept over his face.

      "Um.. yeah. Fine. I guess. I'm just petrified and worried for Charlie." I sighed, fiddling with the envelope in my hand.

     "Yeah. I'm sure he'll be ok. He's strong enough." Jake shrugged.

       "Strong enough to fight against, how many?" I asked, referring to how many's in Mikes gang.

      "7. 8 if you include me. But I don't help out with it often. Mike wants me to lead it if anything ever happens to him. Which I've refused to do, so I chose to be a member instead." Jake explained, biting his lip nervously.

      "Oh.. do they... usually kill people?" I asked warily. Jake sighed and gazed down at the ground,

      "They do all sorts Mia. And killing is one of there favourites." He whispered, pain filling his voice as he sadly looked at me, "I hate it. I hate knowing that my Dads the reason for several people dying." He softly mumbled, his hand wrapping around mine securely. I nodded understanding,

     "At least it's not your fault." I reassuringly exclaimed, my heart aching for Jake.

     "Yeah. But Mia, I've killed people. Self defence. But knowing I could stop it from occurring." He croaked, tears now entering his eyes.

     "Jake, don't blame yourself. Like you said, self defence. And it's your dad doing this!" I argued, squeezing his hand tightly. He sighed as tears poured down his cheeks,

       "And I'm his son." He whispered. I let out my breath and pulled Jake in for a hug, securely wrapping my arms around him. He went tense for a second, but soon enough wrapped his strong arms around mine.

After a few more seconds, he dug his face into my shoulder and cried his emotions out, causing my heart to drop in sorrow for Jake. He doesn't deserve this.

He doesn't deserve any of this.

After several minutes of Jake letting his emotions out, he pulled away and wiped his face, suddenly putting on a strong facial expression.

     "Thank you." He mumbled, awkwardly biting his lip, acting as if nothing had just happened.

       "Jake, anytime." I softly replied, squeezing his shoulder in reassurance. He slightly smiled at me, his eyes bloodshot and gone a shade darker.

       "I'll leave you alone." He answered, pointing towards the envelope which I'd completely forgotten about.

        "Oh, right. Ok." I quickly responded, tightly grasping the letter.

Jake smiled and gave my hand a quick squeeze before letting go and standing up. He strolled towards my door, taking one quick glance at me before shutting the door.

I let out a breath and grasped the envelope, ripping it open. A letter and a USB stick inside. I grabbed the USB stick from the envelope first, strolling towards my laptop and plugging it in.

I warily opened the file, feeling my heart rapidly race. Suddenly Charlie popped up on the screen, causing a lump to form in the back of my throat and my mouth to go dry. His face looked petrified. Cuts and dirt all over his face. Dark circles rested under his eyes. His hair messy and body limp and weak. He sat on a metal chair, tied up with ropes, masking tape over his mouth. He sadly looked at the screen, fright filled in his eyes.

My eyes opened widely and panic flooded through me.

Where is he?
Who hurt him?

Suddenly another figure strolled onto the scene. I blinked a few times, registering who it is. Jess? I gasped, curiosity flooding through me. Why is she there? Is she part of Mikes gang?!

I then caught sight of a shine, causing me to stare down at her hand. A knife.

She grinned at the screen, evilness swept through her eyes. She then grabbed the knife tighter, placing it against Charlie's neck. My head span in fright, tears streaming down my face. I held my hand across my mouth, my eyes opening widely. Jess is doing to Charlie, exactly what Mike did to me.

"Bitch, tell nobody or he dies." Jess smirked at the camera, pressing the knife closer against his neck.

I swallowed hard, seeing Charlie do the exact same thing.

"Why would you do this? To him?" I whispered at the screen, my heart shattering.

Suddenly another figure came onto the scene. Mike. I nervously bit my lip, seeing Charlie's eyes turn even more frightened.

Mike smiled at the camera, bending down next to Charlie. Sweat trickled down my forehead as Mike punched Charlie in the stomach, causing him to lean forward in pain.

I screeched, feeling overwhelmed by this entire situation. Where is he?! All I could see was a grey wall in the background. Then Mike smirked, looking towards the camera.

"Who'll save lover boy now?" His grin plastered across his face, grabbing the knife from Jess and slicing it across his leg. Charlie groaned in pain.

I shrieked again, tears streaming down my face like a waterfall. Then the video ended. I felt my heart race, turning around and quickly grabbing the letter. Which read:

Don't tell anyone or Charlie dies. Stay at home or else. Be prepared. You'll be here sooner than later
- Mike

I gasped and threw the paper onto my bed, pulling the USB stick out of my laptop, feeling like a huge weight has just been placed onto me. This is all my fault, this occurring. I swallowed and cried my heart out, never feeling so lost.