Never Knew // BAM // Part 22

Charlies POV:
We finished our Chinese. Me and Leo forced ours down. I just want to make Jess happy. But I also want to make Mia happy as well.

I feel sorry for Mia.

She's trying to make out she's so happy when around Leo, but really, I know she isn't.

"Can I talk to you Leo?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows together in deep thought as I peered over at Leo. Leo nodded, glancing at me in confusion.  We stood up to go to my room. Mia looked alarmed, her eyes opened widely in fear.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*

I shut my door and Leo collapsed onto my bed, making himself comfortable.

"Yup?" Leo asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"What's wrong with Mia?" I sternly asked, crossing my arms as I stood up tall, towering over Leo. Leo opened his mouth slightly, his eyes staring at the floor as if he were trying to figure out what to say,

"Um..." he began after a few seconds of silence. He let out a heavy breath, slowly lifting his eyes to face me,

"Truthfully I don't know myself. Ever since her Dads left she's been acting... different. And it's gotten worse recently, I guess." He shrugged, frowning as he spoke, "But she seems quite happy. Well I know she's pulling it on. But still" he blabbered.

"Leo. Around me she acts awkward and she shows me her true self. Around you she just acts all happy like nothing's wrong." I snapped, glaring at him. Leo shrugged, scrunching his face up slightly,

"Well, maybe I just make her happy? She clearly has some bad past with Jess as well if you couldn't tell. C'mon Char, you hate Chinese!" Leo argued, his face filled with disbelief. I sighed, shaking my head slowly,

"Just want to make Jess happy"

"What about me and Mia?" Leo snapped, staring at me, questions filling his eyes.

"Still though." I shrugged, "Just, I don't get it. Why has Mia changed so sudden? She isn't the Mia I knew anymore, she's someone I don't even know." I truthfully spoke, my voice breaking at the end as I sadly rested my eyes on my bed.

"Try and break down her walls then, find out the truth. She probably trusts you more than me if she's being her true self around you." Leo shrugged, he voice filled with bitterness. I opened my mouth to respond, but Leo gave me a warning glance, causing me to quickly close my mouth. He then stood up and hurried towards my door, finishing the conversation as he opened it.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Mias POV:
Charlie and Leo walked out of the room. My heart pounded in fright as I looked everywhere apart from at Jess. I felt Jess's intimidating eyes glare at me whilst she smirked,

"So what's your problem? Not eating? All that makeup. Ouch. Trying to impress your precious Leondre?" She smugly spoke. I snapped my head towards her, giving her death glares.

"Or what is it then? Because I could happily take all that makeup off of you!" Jess bitterly laughed, her head tilting back as she laughed. She then rested her eyes on me again, causing me to swallow, my entire body frozen in fright. She suddenly came at me, scratching me across the face, wiping off some foundation. I bit my lip anxiously.

"Leave me alone" I helplessly cried, my voice filled with terror.

"Or what? Gonna get your little Leo to give you a great big hug?" She smirked. She then roughly punched my arm and jaw. I gasped in pain, whimpering as I bent over. She clawed her nails across my face causing more foundation to wipe off my face.