Never Knew // BAM // Part 14

We all sat around the table in awkward silence, only being able to hear the clattering on the knives and forks. Mum and Mike sat opposite me, holding hands underneath the table. I nibbled on a piece of cucumber, having absolutely no appetite.

"So... How was your first day back?" Mum asked, trying to break the silence.

"It was all right" I replied, shrugging as I did so, playing about with the food on my plate, playing a game of pea catch.

I don't think that I've ever had such an awkward dinner. We only had small talk. But Mike kept giving me death glares, causing me to feel extremely anxious. Once I'd finally finished, I raced out of the kitchen into my peaceful bedroom, not waiting for my Mum to try and stop me, feeling beyond glad to be out of the dining room.

My head's currently spinning. I've been in my room for about an hour now, just repeating everything that happened in my head. I don't know what Mikes problem is. I don't understand it. He just had this devilish glint in his eyes, as if they were threatening me.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Later on that night, I heard my door slowly creak open. I turned my head to see Mike stood their, hands in pockets giving me an evil smirk, his black messy hair flopping over his eyes.

"So, I'll be living with you soon. So when your mums at work, you'll have to obey from me" his eyes glistened at the last part. I bit my lip, shuddering,

"And your rules will be?" I croaked, my eyes widening in fear.

"Hmm.. Well firstly, chores, do what I say and don't let you Mum know how much we hate each other... And don't forget to not tell anyone." He smirked then turned and walked out of my room. What did he mean by all of that? I groaned, digging my face into my pillow, wanting to hide under a million blankets.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

I'm currently in the cafeteria at lunch with Leo, Charlie and Amanda. We're all eating pizza (Leo obviously eating vegetarian pizza).

     "How'd it go?" Leo whispered in my ear. I looked down at the table, unsure whether to lie or tell him the truth.

      "Fine" I squeaked, not looking him in the eye in case he could see through my lie. Leo curiously looked at me, but before he could ask anymore, Charlie's voice butted in,

"What are you two whispering about?" As he leaned over to get involved with the conversation.

     "Oh, nothing." I weakly smiled. Charlie gazed at me for a few seconds, slightly tilting his head to the side before shrugging and turning back to talk to Amanda. I let out a heavy breath and sighed.  Leo comfortly placed his hand on my shoulder and whispered,

   "You can tell me later, if you'd like too." I felt my ear tingle as his gentle breath blew onto my ear, causing my body to shudder. I nodded biting my lip, knowing I'd more than likely not tell him.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*

I walked down the corridor,  excited to be free from this school for the day. Suddenly, I felt myself being pushed against a locker, causing me to squeal at the impact.

     "Why, hello there slut." Jess smirked. So let me tell you who Jess is.  Jess is the schools biggest bully, but I'm her main target. I get bullied by 'Queen' Jess and her 3 minions Penny, Laura and Tanya. Jess has dark blonde hair, electrifying light blue eyes, a slim figure who wears all the latest fashion and rich as, popular. Like her minions as I call them. So stereotypically, she's the 'popular rich white girl.' I sighed, biting my lip as I stared down at the floor.

      "Hi." I mumbled. It's pathetic their bullying, I don't take it personally but they never leave me alone. And sometimes it does all get to me. I felt my stomach erupt into pain as she punched me in the stomach, as I let out a gasp, my hand placing against the locker as I let out heavy breaths, trying to control the immense pain.

"You don't reply to me." She ordered. I rolled my eyes, forcing the pain to the back of my mind.

I can't let my guards down.

    "Well what was I supposed to do?" I spat, glaring at her as I did so. She threw another punch at my stomach. This caused me to screech in pain, bending over as I placed my hand securely over my stomach. I felt people stare,  but nobody ever helps.

     "Oh, and Mia, don't forget, Charlies mine." She whispered into my ear and slapped me across the face, a burning sensation filling my cheek before she turned around, her blonde hair flying behind her before stomping off, her high heels clipping against the floor. Her minions followed along behind her, a proud smirk swept across their faces. I placed a hand on my face, closing my eyes for a few seconds. I reluctantly opened my eyes before pulling my shirt up a bit to see the bruises it's left me from her punches. A dark grey bruise forming larger and darker by the minute. I sighed, biting my lip as I shoved my shirt down, rushing out of school.

*•*•*•*•*•*

I looked outside to see Charlie waiting for me by his car. I skipped to him and gave him a big cheesy grin.

    "Hey." Charlie smiled and pulled me into an embrace, which I gratefully returned.

    "I missed you" I whispered as I returned the smile.

    "You too." He reluctantly spoke. We pulled out of the hug, our arms wrapped around each other still. We stared into each others eyes. His bright blue eyes, gazed into mine, causing me to slightly melt. However, I noticed that his eyes started to dim, his smile slowly dropping as his eyebrows creased together and his lips turned into a frown.

      "What happened to your face?" He seriously questioned, placing his finger gently on my cheek.

      "Oh.. Um.. Nothing, I-I a football bounced back at my face when I threw it against a wall" I lied, biting my lip as I stood back, nervously fidgeting. Charlie raised an eyebrow,

      "A hand shaped ball?" His tone gone serious. I edgily looked at the ground, staring at my feet as if they'd suddenly just became fascinating.

      "Nothing... Nobody... Um lets go" I quickly spoke. Nobody knows about the bullying. I can't let them know because it'll just get them bullied as well and then bullying will get worse.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Awkward silence filled the air till we reached my driveway.

    "Well.. Thanks CharChar" I fake smiled, slowly opening the door.

     "Ok, Mee" he replied, "I'm not giving up about working out what that hit is on your face by the way" he pointed out. I sighed and walked towards the front door, securely wrapping my hand around it.

   "See you, Char"