he is an idiot

Krissy's POV

Men were stupid I mean we all knew that but sometimes it was just so shocking at how stupid they actually were. I was on the phone with Tara who thinks Rafa is cheating but I'm sure he's not I'm certain he isn't I could swear he wouldn't but she had some serious incriminating evidence on him. I mean could he be that stupid to leave a money trail to his other woman or women since she thinks it's more than one " why would you even think he's doing that that's not him" I had to ask her why she thought that "I mean what if it's not even a woman but a man God Krissy I don't know he's been weird weirder that usual he's distant he spends a lot of time on the phone whispering now a days he leaves at ridiculous hours claiming he's going to Kevon or that they're going to the club nothing is adding up anymore he's secretive now" she ranted on the phone I could tell she was really hurting about this only a few months ago they're relationship was being held by a string Rafa had a meltdown and she lost it then they took time and healed each other I mean I swore they came back stronger than ever "there are receipts for flowers hundreds of flowers and I haven't gotten one flower from him in weeks he's paying this lady money and I'm talking hundreds of dollars pair that with whispering and whatnot it's all pointing to cheating" I loved my best friend but right now she was over thinking things I could just feel it. "Tara I don't think he's cheating and if it's bothering you so much talk to him about it I mean you guys talk about everything you are overthinking your just stressed and busy maybe those bills aren't for him per-say he does help people it could be his sister's bills that he's taking care of it could be someone he's sponsoring a better life you can't go accusing the poor man you know and I know that he wouldn't he only got eyes for you hun" she wouldn't let it go I knew that but she wouldn't say anything to him either and that to me was even worst but I wasn't going to go in there relationship and meddle in it.

*******

"hey can we meet up I wanna talk to you" it was ironic that Rafa called wanting to meet up and talk "yes that we can we can meet at that restaurant a couple of blocks from your office" with that I hang up this was going to be his murder and he didn't even know it was going to be.

I had to wait on Rafa for a few minutes as he got tied up with work you'd think for the person who set the meet up he'd be on time but nope he was late. "I'm sorry about that my last meeting ran late," he said in apology whilst urging me to order what I wanted. I could tell he wanted to say something to me but just didn't know how to spit it out I wanted to sit and wait on him to do it on his own time but something told me he wouldn't. "So are you going to spit it out are not what do you wanna talk about you didn't call for food" I knew something was up first Tara now him and he wasn't one to bring me into their relationship just like that unless he really fucked up and real damn bad too "what did you do are you cheating?" I just threw the question out there trying not to give away that Tara felt that way "oh God no I wouldn't dare do that why would you think that" I sighed in relief the sincerity in his voice was believable but what could be the meaning of this. "I'm sorry so why are we here why am I here" I had to ask he pulled out his phone and turned it to me "you can scroll I can't decide so I need your help considering you are the only other person who knows Tara as much as me" he rambled to me looking down on the phone I was shocked "is this an engagement ring are you planning on marrying her" I was stunned about this I mean Tara and I talked about this whether it was a step she wanted whilst it was on her agenda she wasn't sure if he was ready but it seems he's more than ready and so is she "I don't know this should be your decision" I went silent and scrolled through his phone "I know it is but I can't decide and since you know her I know you'd help me pick the best one I want this to be special I want her to look at it and remember us and all we went through and stuff" I couldn't say anything so I just scrolled instead.