can you be mine

Rafa's POV

Everything was planned out perfectly maybe too perfect but I had no issues with that in the end it would all work out. "Larry is the jet ready" I called the pilot I had him on stand by as I just wanted to head straight to the airstrip after picking up my baby "yes sir it is just waiting on you" that confirmation was all I needed now let the games begin or should I say let this proposal begin. I had called ahead to her office to check how her schedule was for the rest of the week into the other and it wasn't anything major so I had told her secretary to push back everything and if they asked she's on emergency leave for two weeks but not to let Tara herself know. I needed this to be about us for us to sit and have a drink and chat to do things we haven't and most of all to go on one knee and ask the love of my life to marry me.

As I walked into her building I could feel all the eyes on me, all the women were eye raping me and the men well they were just jealous I got women's attention without even trying although I only had eyes for one woman, Tara Anderson and that would never change. I truly loved this girl with all of my heart she was is my everything and I'd never change my fate because the day she walked into my life and stayed was the best day for me honestly. If someone had told me ten years ago that I'd be proposing to a woman I'd have laughed in their faces because that wasn't the man I was I wasn't the man to get married yet alone to a woman I never saw marriage in my cards nor children or a family I just knew that wasn't for me; looking forward now I see that I just didn't know myself, that I wasn't ready then but now I am and I'm going to take that step.

"She's in a meeting the last for the day as you requested she should be wrapping up now" her secretary informed me as I walked into the lobby area I nodded in response and took a seat checking my phone to make sure all was well. A few moments after a gentleman and a lady walked out of her office and her secretary motioned for me to go in. "Babe let's go for lunch," I said as I walked in she looked up from her papers and smiled at me "I'm swamped sweetie I can't" at least I knew I could count on her secretary "it won't be long and you have to eat, are you really going to deny me this," I asked her with my best puppy dog eyes I knew that it wouldn't work on her but nothing beats trying "I'll oblige you this once but this can't be for long I have a meeting at 3 o'clock and it's important" I smiled at her "I wouldn't stop you from work darling," I told her as I grabbed her by the hand and led her out of her office and to the car. To distract her I gave her my iPod "what do you think about these charts" I asked her, I knew she loved it when I asked for help or to do things for me work related I guess it reminded her us of how we really got to know each other in order to be where we were right now "do you remember all those drunken nights I spent outside your door or even on your phone" I asked her with a chuckle "I still have no idea why I chose your doorsteps maybe that's God's way of saying she's for you pursue her" I said as I turned to look at her, she was truly beautiful and every day I thank God for her. "you where mighty annoying back then but yeah I guess that's God's way of putting us together" she smiled at me "now those charts" I gestured to the iPod I really did want her input it wasn't only a distraction but I smiled as she spoke of everything I didn't see that I knew I should have seen.

"Am Rafa why are we at the airstrip I thought you said we're going to lunch" I laughed "yes I did say that but I never did say where now did I don't worry your schedule has been cleared and two of my best is looking after both companies, we'll be gone for a measly two weeks we need this baby" I saw the look of reluctance in her eyes and I honestly didn't like it this was going to be the issue she doesn't like being away from the company "I don't know that's too much don't you think" it wasn't and she knew it "OK can we do a few days that will turn into two weeks please I need this even if you don't I do". The two weeks were needed not just to ask her to marry me but just to chill with my girl like old times we've come so far and yet we haven't reached anywhere; I wasn't going to let it go we were going to disappear for two weeks and that was that "OK I guess we could but if anything goes wrong I'm leaving, we just took a vacation" she said as she got out of the car and unto the plane. We both knew she wouldn't leave she was only saying that.

**********

Kevon's island was beautiful from an areal view. "you love lonely islands as a vacation spot I see" Tara said to me "it's all about privacy" I retorted as we landed. The island was located in French Polynesia. It was a good hour drive to the house which was located in the center of the island it was a massive three-story house with twenty bedrooms each room having its own bathroom plus six bathrooms differently, a living and dining hall, art room, movie room, games room the damn place was damn massive and magnificent we'd have fun here I knew it. Outside was equally as breathtaking as the island consisted of seven waterfalls, countless rivers, and streams plus the white sandy beach that surrounded us my baby was in for a treat. To kick start our vacation we had dinner on the back patio of the mansion with me cooking one of her favorite meals spicy honey-lime shrimp with a side of pasta salad and some red wine. We had a quiet first night with us just looking up into the night sky and cuddling.

The days had gone by so peacefully on the island Tara and I were even closer I could feel it and it wasn't the every second sex that caused it we talked and had meaningful conversations, we spoke about our future and where we were now. This trip was truly needed not just for the proposal but for us as a couple. I had woken up to an empty bed, as Tara wasn't in the room so I went on a manhunt for her; where I found her in the kitchen making breakfast for us. Looking at her there around the stove I thought what a lucky man I am to have this gorgeous creature in my life, everyday it baffled me as to how I got so lucky as to have her; she was my everything I loved her with all my heart the girl was literally everything I needed without me even knowing what those things were. Today was the day I wasn't going to delay this any longer so I pulled out my phone and sent Pablo, Kevon's caretaker a text "you're a go on the project beachfront" with that said it was time for me to do it my part. After breakfast, we showered and visited the last waterfall on the island where we planned on having a picnic "you don't mind if I take some more pictures of you right" when I had first told her that I wanted to take pictures of her, she didn't expect me to pop out a professional camera but I did and every chance I got I took pictures of her.

The sun had begun its descent and we were now on the beach where I was snapping pictures of my beautiful girlfriend as she ran around playing with some butterflies, she was truly a child at heart and I loved every inch of her. As she twirled around and ran after the butterflies she got closer to my message on the white sandy shore, it was like the butterflies were on my side and wanted this to happen. "Babe stay right there and smile for me" I told her as I snapped another pic "hey were'd you go" I heard her say as I looked away from my camera only to hear a gasp "what is this, Rafa what have you done" she sounded panicked, happy and scared all at once "I didn't do anything, take a proper look" as I said this she turned slowly looking at what was written on the sand as she turned facing me I went on my knee and opened the ring box "can you be mine Tara Anderson, I love you with every fiber within me and I honestly couldn't live another day without you please will you marry me" I felt like I was choked up I felt like I wanted to cry she was looking at me like deer caught in headlights and something told me she wanted to run "who the fuck are you calling crazy do I look crazy cause I'm sure I'm not" I was beyond applaud by her outburst she seemed angry somewhat "out of everything that's all you got that's all you saw you didn't see anything else" I mean I was literally on one knee proposing to this woman and all she saw was me calling her crazy which in fact she was " I'm not crazy I've never been crazy why the hell would you say I'm crazy" her hands were folded and her lip stuck out it was kind of cute; sighing I shook my head "I guess your answer is a no then" knowing her at times when she didn't answer your question but instead chose to focus on something else was a sign that she wasn't going your way but didn't exactly know how to shoot you down or she was thinking up the best way to shoot you down respectfully without hurting you "why the hell would my answer be no I love you to the moon and back baby of course my answer is yes, I just didn't like you adding crazy to the question was all". At that moment I wanted to strangle her but I also loved her a little bit more "can I put my ring on your finger now and kiss my fiancée" truly this woman was trouble but she was my trouble and I loved that.