Nightmare

Tara's POV

"Ms. Anderson open the door" comes the drunk voice of my boss I have been ignoring the doorbell for the past five minutes hoping that he would go away but that's not the case since he started pounding down my door and he's called me to open up, I've been ignoring him at all cost making sure that we don't see each other unless necessary and at small amounts of time I don't really know why maybe it's because he spilled his guts to me a few weeks ago telling me basically everything about him I mean I welcome the idea of knowing him inside out but  it's not like he is my boyfriend are anything for him to tell me all that and I didn't need to know but something's telling me that he left off part of the story.

He has been making it a habit to show up at my doorstep all hours of the night basically morning drunk as a bat and I've helped him out but not tonight no I'm not in the consoling mood and plus it's that time of the month so I don't want to bitch slap the life out of him when he tries to make jokes or start throwing up on my white plush carpet again. Groaning I got out of bed despite the pain I'm feeling in my stomach and head downstairs opening the door "what the fuck do you want, can't you handle being ignored, I'm not in the mood for this you know the route to the guest room which is basically your room now go and don't utter another word! understand idiot!" stepping out of his way I head upstairs to my room and curl up in bed in the comfiest position I could find in my state before going back to my peaceful sleep.

"Noooooo! please no! stop! don't do this I'll be a good boy please no", rubbing my head I groaned. What the fuck is he screaming about I was heading to the kitchen to warm some water to put on my still throbbing tummy I took a detour and headed towards his screams. " I won't tell mommy or daddy I swear I promise I won't just please stop" I could hear his voice the pain in it and how much he sounds like a seven-year-old pleading for his life long stash of chocolate not to be taken away I can't help but pity him, his brow is in a frown his lips trembling his complexion has paled he looks like he is dead and his whole body has broken out in a sweat he keeps pleading and begging with the person in his dreams which seems to be torturing the shit out of him what the fuck could his nightmare be about please tell me he's not like Christian Grey in Fifty Shades of Grey I don't think I could cope like how Ana did.

"Wake up! Rafa! wake the fuck up! Rafael-Levi Ibrahim Blackburn wake the fuck up this instant you're freaking me out!" I yelled at his sleeping form after shaking him for two minutes and not getting a response well at least I just got one out of him. Green eyes stare at my dark brown ones but it's what's in them that had me worried his were laced with vulnerability,  fear, confusion, and relief his eyes no longer holds that intense look that makes me second guess going against his wishes no it doesn't and I'm totally freaked at least he isn't as fucked up as Christian Grey or so I'm believing right it's a little heart wrenching to see him in this state damn and I thought my best friend was fucked up clearly not like him.

Reaching forward I placed my hand on his forehead pulling it back quickly shit! He's burning up walking into the bathroom I took a towel and damped it with cold water and walked back to him placing the towel on his head he flinches "hey your burning up I have to, so don't make this hard" I said to him and he reluctantly let go off my hand allowing me to continue. I wasn't sure if I should ask about it so I just offered him coffee and chocolate chip cookies which he accepted, he made his own coffee and got the cookies while I filled the pouch with the hot water and climbed on the counter laying down placing it on my tummy "what are you doing" comes his voice, I totally forgot he was here "its called period and I'm in pain now shut up" I shot back at him.

"Sorry but you should get to bed and the counter isn't comfortable" he mumbled whilst lifting me from the counter I instinctively wrapped my arms around his neck and placed my head in his chest taking in his manly scent how could he be gay I thought he is perfect, kicking my door open he walked in my room and place me on my bed then pulled the comforter over me " stay with me please" I mumbled to him "yes I'm sure about it I just need someone's arms right now you know" I patted the space beside me he finally laid down and I snuggled into him and went to dreamland.

*°°*°°*°°*°°*°°*

" coffee in five," I say to my boss before walking out of the room I was completely dumbfounded about what happened he hasn't acknowledged the nightmare or the fact that I invited him in my bed which was all hormones and I'm not pushing it at all I'm just leaving him be, his pretty shaken up from the dream he's had but he isn't admitting it though what was his dream about? should I be worried about him? why do I think he had a really tough childhood? does this explain why he is such a mystery? I can't help but ask all these questions popping up in  my head and the fucked up thing is that I Tara Anderson can't answer these questions.

I've seen him in the worst place according to his psychologist and apparently I should be flattered that he has opened up to me about almost everything he is the poor guy's best friend and it took him two years to find out everything about Rafael-Levi Blackburn. Apparently, he is a tightly sealed book and I opened him with a few words all I said to him is that I'm here for him if he needs a friend nothing more after that he would just show up at my doorstep and sit out there for God knows how long until he just drove home. I felt really bad for the guy, I know how he feels and all he lost his sister, and he blames himself for her death and reminds himself of her by naming his company after her which is cute but sad on his part, should I call his psychologist we are not close friends we did turn friends after we were introduced and started partying a little, right now I'm just baffled as to know what to do.

"Kevon I don't know what to do and I don't know if you know but he has or had a nightmare when he was crashing at my place and he seems out of it ever since its not my place to tell you but he is my boss and we have become friends close friends even I'm just slightly worried," I told his best friend and psychologist I had called him to have lunch since as Rafael-Levi has been different since his dream and I was worried but I didn't expect his next question "what do you mean by he was crashing at your place" signing I answered "it started a few weeks ago he would show up at my house and sit on my doorstep then go home but after a while, he started showing up drunk and calling my phone to let him in I would. Then he started telling me things about himself he told me about his sister's death and that he blames himself, he told me part of why he hates his dad and all. I don't pity him and all so I just let him whenever he comes I set up the guest room for him and that's where he stays, I use to hear funny sounds like screams and groaning noises but ignored them last night I heard him when I was going to the kitchen and checked on him he was having a panic attack in his nightmare and it scared the shit out of me. I just think someone needs to help him" I told Kevon nodding his head in agreement he said, "I'll talk to him."