Melt Down!!!

Krissy's POV

It's funny how people always say they'll be there no matter and then when you need them the most they're not there. In life, you learn that you just can't count on some persons while others it doesn't matter the hours of the night that you call they answer they drop what there doing and come to your rescue is there with you until you can stand on your feet on your own again. The only person I could count on like that was Tara she was always there no matter what I could always call on her even when I didn't call on her she was there and I really appreciated that because she helped me through so much shit she was is my lifesaver when I couldn't even count on myself I could count on her. So when she called and asked me to help with Rafa I did; I wasn't sure what happened but she couldn't get a flight out and he was losing his shit completely and she was stressed the fuck out with work. I really felt it for her it wasn't the best time for him to have a meltdown but it happened and all we could do was be there for him.

"Rafa stay on the phone don't hang up I'm almost there" I spoke into the phone I wasn't sure what he was doing but there was a lot of shuffling on his end "she's not coming back is she" I heard him mumbling to himself more than me "no not true she's coming as soon as the storm is over and she cleared to fly and you know she loves you," I told him reassuringly hoping he'd listen to my reasoning. From his mumbling I could tell there were multiple things wrong he was all over the place with his thoughts and the things he was saying just wasn't making sense. I knew they had an argument but they had solved that problem so I didn't understand why he thought she was leaving "why do you think she's going to leave you" I asked trying to keep him talking " I don't know I just feel it we haven't been the same I mean I try but she feels far, uugggrrhhh I can't lose her I just can't; this bitch ruined my life fuck why did I  I shouldn't have damn this I can't I....I...." I jumped as I heard glass shattering in the phone fuck I swore under my breath as I turned into the driveway " hey calm down you did nothing wrong she loves you and nothing is wrong you guys are great she's just busy with work" I told him as I got out of the car rushing to the front door. What I saw when I opened the door I wasn't ready the beautiful house that I left when I was last here was gone and was replaced with a vandalized scene everything was broken the whole place was trashed. " Rafa where are you" I spoke into the phone hearing a sound in the kitchen I headed there where I found him nursing a bottle of whiskey hanging up the phone I walked to him; it was like he didn't even notice that I was there shaking my head I attempted to take the bottle from him " go get your own" he snapped protectively holding the bottle " okay let's talk I'll get my own but you have to drink this water in between your whiskey," I told him which he nodded his head to I opted to open a bottle of non-alcoholic wine one of us had to stay sober although I've never seen him drunk I didn't want to experience it now. Finding a spot on the counter I sat down got comfortable and we chatted until he passed out from drinking.

Three days later when Tara came home most of the place was fixed as I got him to help me fix up the place when he wasn't passed out from drinking and taking too many sleeping pills or just pills overall. He chose the worst time to have his meltdown his family wasn't around as they were all on vacation somewhere where he should have been too but he didn't go, his's best friend was on his regular retreat were couldn't be reached as he was detached from civilization; apparently, he was the one who could truly deal with this considering he studied psychology and psychiatry. considering my lack of training I did a good job for the most part but I think he just wanted someone to talk to I mean I swear I now know all his darkest deepest secrets and I totally understand him better now he has so many demons and they all just came at him all at once; I've been there and all I needed was someone to be there a shoulder to lean on someone to encourage me and tell me it will be okay and that's exactly what I did to the best of my ability.  Tar was mortified when she saw the house "he did all that" she was in disbelief " it was worst I fixed and cleaned up what I could and ordered what I could which isn't much since all your shits are custom made" I retorted " he's knocked out, by the way, will be for a few hours" her sigh was a mixture of relief and concern I felt her pain she had her stress and problems and then this happened something no one was prepared for nor expected I walked over to and hugged her. For the first time in years my best friend cried like she really cried for minutes and I allowed her to cry on my shoulders she was just a weak and vulnerable as he was in this moment neither of them was in a right place him more than her; helping her up I walked her to her room putting her to bed and making sure Rafa was good. Watching them both sleep peacefully I felt bad knowing they were both going through it, they are such strong people holding on for so long but it was inevitable for her to fall she's been strong for so long taking everything thrown at her but this this was it.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked her as they had decided no Tara chose a time like now to go on a vacation on an island all alone just Rafael and herself "yes we need this he needs this, we talked, and he's right I've been all over the place we haven't been the same and it's not even because of that bitch we've both been busy we haven't been spending time together and he needs a break we both do we deserve this" she pleaded with me "call me if you need anything and I mean anything I'll be there in a jiffy" I told her as I walked out the door, she smiled at me giving me a hug and nodding in agreement. Deep down I knew they needed this and I hoped it would help them God knows what would become of them if shit hit the fan more.