love is in the air

Kevon's POV

I had seen many things happen in my life some expected some not so much, some I hoped I could change others  I wouldn't touch a thing; but from all those experiences I discovered one thing that everything happens for a reason hence it didn't really matter the road I took, things would have gone down either way. My best friend had been to hell he had gone through a lot and for the most part I was there, every big step he made in his life I knew about it I was there to support him and advise him. Rafa had tasked me with the honor of helping him to plan an engagement party and proposal for his girl Tara the two had been together for eons. Subsequently, they had been through practically everything and nothing he did or she did could change their minds from each other and that's what I loved about them.  She had seen all his nasty scares and he hers and they never judged each other or ran for the hills when ugly reared its head instead they tugged it out together and found ways to go through it smoothly.  She was really his rock I mean the girl turned a very gay man straight I may have been his best friend but I never thought he'd come over to our side but Tara made it happen; she helped him find his true self and embrace that person. So I was more than happy when he came to me for help to plan this unbelievable moment in his life.

"I'm sorry did you just say you wanted to marry her" I had asked Rafa he was sitting in my living room sprawled out on my fifty grand white sofa he had laughed and said "yes man that's what I said I wanna marry her I wanna do this" although I was shocked beyond belief I understood exactly why he wanted to she was every man's dream she was almost perfect but most importantly she was perfect for him in every sense of the word just by how he was ranting about her told me exactly that's why my best friend was whipped he was truly in love with this woman and that touched my heart knowing that only fifteen or so years ago we had a conversation where he adamantly stated he would never get married to neither man nor woman, to never start a family anything like that. "I need your help with this man I have so many ideas of how to do it" he turned to me and said with so much love and purpose in his eyes "you do know you don't have to beg right like I'm totally in just give me your ideas and I'll move from there" with that said we drank beer and talked about his ideas.

**********

"is Mr. Blackburn in," I asked the young lady sitting at the desk "yes he is sir but he's not seeing anyone now" she informed me "but I'm not just anyone love" I responded with a chuckle as I walked by her and headed to his office. I had figured out the cutest way to ask her to marry him but I needed his approval first "I found the perfect one" I started when I open his office door only to be mortified by him and Tara "could you two not do that here this is the office" I whispered to them "anyways Tara bye he's mine now I thank you" I gestured towards the door they kissed each other bye and she left.  "as I was saying I found the perfect one" I repeated as I sat on his desk "so it's gonna be on the beach maybe my private island she doesn't know that you can take pictures right that your a photographer right anyways so you'd take her y'all could be there on the beach and just taking pictures and stuff take a walk down the shore there's going to be a WILL YOU MARRY ME MISS CRAZY written in the sand with roses and a heart but you have to get her to stand in the heart though without looking down. There'll be drones about four of them to capture the whole thing from the top and the sides even the bottom you'd snap a few pics then ask her to cover her eyes or something or look around are something I don't know that parts on you; anyways after she says yes you'll have like five seconds to yourselves then boom all y'all family and close friends pop out we jam for a bit then leave you two be" it was a master plan to me but I knew he'd have his own ideas and additions. The wheels were turning in his head that much I could tell as he sat there in silence he was mulling over the idea "I like it a remote place where she could lose her self and we could connect we could go there a day or two before I pop the question and I know the perfect spot on your island to do it the family could wait by the house for us to celebrate this is perfect man I love it all we need to do is fine-tune this plan and it's a go" he replied with a devilish grin and just like that I knew this would be the proposal of the century. 

*******

"Hey man, everything is in place all you need to do is fire up the jet when your ready and take it from there. The drones should be at your office by 1 o' clock today I got this guy on stand by to edit and toy around with the footage when we're done if you want, the catering service is waiting on the green light to board the plane I mean everything is set in stone" I was proud of myself but more of my best friend he was making one of the biggest steps in his life that none of us expected and it was beautiful "I still haven't decided on the ring yet I want it to be special you know so when I get the ring right then it's a go plus she's swamp this week so it would definitely be next week but thanks bro can't believe I'm actually doing this" I could hear the nervousness in his voice I mean we knew she was unpredictable and could say no just because she felt she wasn't ready but deep down I knew she was because we talked and she loved him with every fiber in her.  "man don't be nervous she loves you and she will say yes who could say no to you" I said through the phone "Tara Anderson could say no to me and you know that" I could hear the smile in his voice when he uttered those words "and I'm sure she won't go get the ring then go get your girl man you deserve this she deserves you" with that said I hanged up my phone and went to deal with my next patient.