I shook my head again.

"Nothing, I just want to be alone for a few minutes." I told Ryder slowly as I licked my lips and stared at the celling and closed my eyes feeling the tears silently roll down my cheeks.

Ryder nodded before he left the room.

Once alone, I stared at the sheets of the bed and felt my heartbeats went back to its normal rhythm until my eyes finally shut.

I could feel my breathing escalate; I could feel the fear increase with each heartbeat. I was in the Academy but something was wrong, something was very wrong. I ran down the hallway hoping that I could find him, find him beaten up or hurt but at least alive, I felt a huge burning sensation on my back that made me fall to the ground, I looked up and stared at her full of fear, now there was no way out of this. I forced myself up hissing in pain when the burning sensation in my back grew. Before I could completely get up I was thrown against the wall, she was too quick and I didn't have time to react not even when the stake pierced my heart. I met her cold gaze before everything around me got dark.

I sat up breathless, I was even sweating that nightmare had seem so real. I looked around in a haze, confused not knowing where I was for a few seconds.

"Are you alright Alice?" My dad asked as he stood by the doorway of my bedroom.

I hugged my knees against my chest and nodded.

"Yes, I just had a bad dream that was so vivid." I said in a low voice as I shook my head, I could still feel the burning sensation in my back.

My dad entered the room and sat next to me in the bed.

"You needed to eat, I brought you this." My dad said as he placed the tray of food down in the bed.

"Thank you." I said with a small smile; even if it was already late, even if I had slept the whole morning and part of the afternoon my body still felt somehow weak and tired.

"How are you feeling?" My dad asked me in a wary tone.

"I'm fine, I'm just not used to having this type of things, and I never thought I could have a breakdown, especially like this so I'm sorry I made you all go through that." I told my dad as I started to eat the food he brought me.

"Alice, you have nothing to apologize for, on the contrary we should be apologizing to you. I'm actually surprised that you didn't have a breakdown earlier." My dad said making me look at him.

"Why do you say that?" I asked him after I finished up eating my food.

"Alice, you are barely eighteen and you have gone through things that no one would ever be ready for, believe it or not Alice you're still a child." My dad said making me smile.

"Dad, don't-." I said with a groan.

"No, Alice to me you are still a child, you're still my little baby girl." My dad said as he hugged me.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and felt a tear roll down my face.

"Alice, are you-?" My dad started.

"I'm not going to have another breakdown, those were tears of joy. It feels so wonderful to finally have a family, to have a dad or in this case since I'm a little girl to you, to have a daddy." I said as I wiped away my tears.

"It's wonderful to have you too, honey. I spent all these years trying to find a way to meet you but each one of them implied risking your life and I couldn't do that to you honey." My dad said as he kissed my hair.

My dad kept right arm around me as I played with my locket nervously; we just stayed like that for a while until I gathered enough courage to ask him.