Chapter 34

Sara's POV
"Mom?" I hear the small and quiet voice ask. Kate moves quickly and in a second she goes from sitting in a chair at the end of the bedroom to being right next to Jess's body and holding her hand.
"I'm here sweetie!" Kate whispers.
"Where's Sara?" Jess asks.
My head shoots up. "She's right over there..." Kate answers and looks at me. Jess follows her move and looks at me. Her face shows a mix of emotions, anyone else wouldn't be able to read them all, they would say she's tired ou scared but she's much more. The bags under her eyes show tiredness yes but she's also relieved, confused and scared. She's happy but sad, worried but relax and at last, she's good.
"You're here?" Jess asks quietly.
"I'm here love!" I say standing up and walking to her.
"You're here?" She asks again.
I grab her hand and squeeze it tight.
"I'm here! I'm always here when it comes to you." I smile.
Jess smiles too.
"You won't leave?" She asks.
"No! Never again! I won't leave your side for a minute! I'll be here until you kick me out!" I laugh and Jess and Kate laugh too.
"Promi..."
"I promise baby!" I say. Jessica smiles and I can't help but to lean down and kiss her cheek. I take a second longer to breath in her sent, a sent I became addicted to, absent I lived without for two weeks and it almost cost me my life. A sent I will never forget or live without ever again because the day I do, it's my last day on earth.

Jessica's POV
I smile feeling Sara's face near mine again and in that second I remember all the reasons why I stayed for so long and why I never should've let her go.
I move to my side and pat the bed next to me to let Sara sit down. Sara sits but after a couple of minutes of talking she moves and lays down next to me and then pulls me to her, so she can hold me in her arms. She always loved having me in her arms, like a little girl who loves to hug her favorite doll. And I always loved having her arms around me, holding me close and protecting me from the world.
My mom got the cue and left with the excuse to go get the kids and drink us coffee and Sara and I just payed there.
For a good five minutes we just laid there, looking into each other's eyes. But then we started talking. About the kids, the house and then us. We each apologized, we worked things out and then we made up, in the good way.. In the "closed the blinds and locked the door" way.
Sara is going to move back in and work on the cd here and I'm going to finish the movie here in LA and not in Florida anymore.

Two days passed and I'm going home. The kids came to get me with Sara and I'm finally going home, with Sara. Finally home.