Chapter nine

Sara's POV
Last night we ended up not exchanging the rings. Eve got sick so Jess had to take her to the emergency room while Chris stayed home with the kids. I offered to stay with her but when she told me no two times I backed off. Thinking that it was better not to push to much.
It's 8 am when I'm woken up by a phone ringing.
"Sara Ramirez!" I answer it.
"Ellen Pompeo!" Ellen teases me.
"Hey! I was sleeping.." I say getting back to bed and closing my eyes again.
"Sorry.. Just to remind you of tonight!"
"Right! Today is Sunday! I forgot because we shot yesterday!" I mumble.
"I figured so I decided to call..."
"Thank you so much! We'll be there, well.. I'll be there! Jess I'm not sure because Eve got sick last night.. Anyway big story I'll call you later!" I tell her almost asleep.
"Ok. I'm going to the grocery store so don't call in the next two hours.."
"Ok! Talk to you later!"
"Ok! Bye!"
"Bye" I say and hang up.
I lock my phone but push on the button again to look at the time.
8:04 and 8 missed calls and 4 messages from Jessica.
Last time we spoke, after her being at her ex-husbands house since six pm, she was driving to the hospital. I was at 10pm, it was the time she told me no two times.
22.50 - missed call
23.00 "They took Eve to do some exams.. If only you were here.."
23.04 - missed call
23.22 - missed call
23.58 - missed call
00.22 - missed call
00.24 "I'm sorry I said no.. Feeling really stupid right now because I really wish you would be here. Are you asleep? I've called you five times.."
00.59 "They won't tell me what the heck is wrong with my kid. They keep taking her for more and more exams. Where are you?"
01.30 - missed call
02.45 - missed call
03.30 - missed call
04.44 "I'm taking Eve home. They put her on an IV and now sent her home with a prescription. I'm sorry I told you not to come. I wish you came. Missed you so much tonight. Missed having your arms around me and you whispering in my ear "everything is going to be ok". I can't even tell if your mad BECAUSE YOU WONT PICK UP THE DAMN PHONE!!
Anyways heading home... Have a nice night my love 😘"
Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. I fell asleep. After we talked she told me not to go so I just went to bed.
How could I not hear the phone so many times? Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.
I get up and get dressed.
In 5 minutes I'm out the door and in my car. I got up, changed, brushed my teeth, my hair and got out.
I drive to Jessica's and open the door. As usual it's unlocked. I get in,grab the keys from her purse and lock it behind me. I go to check on Eve in her bedroom and notice she's already awake.
"Mommy!!!" She screams when she see me.
"Shh...." I say coming in and closing the door.
"Sorry..." She says.
I smile and sit in her bed.
"Where is Luke and Poppy?" I ask her.
"They're at dad's! Mommy is still sleeping. I though she was tired so I just stayed in bed!" She says. I smile at her and give her a kiss on the head.
"What do you think about going to auntie Ellen's house and playing with Stella?" I ask her.
"Today?" She asks me.
"Right now..." I open my eyes.
Eve smiles and hugs me. "I'd love that! Thank you mommy!" She says.
"Ok! Let me call uncle Patrick and you start getting dressed!"
I call Patrick and explain the situation. He tells me to bring Eve right away.
I help her putting her shoes on and I make her bed as she goes downstairs and into the kitchen.
When I get there she already poured herself a glass of milk and is eating two slices of bread.
"Don't you want anything in that bread?" I ask her opening the fridge doors.
"I couldn't reach the butter!" She tells me and I laugh. I fix Eve and myself some toasts and then drop her off at Ellen's.
"Bye baby girl! Be good!"
Eve clings on to my legs and I hug her tight.
She lets go after a couple seconds and screams from the inside. "I will mommy! Love you!"
Before I can even respond her and Stella are already in the back.
I say goodbye to Patrick and head back to Jessica's house.
I was a little scared she'd wake up and see Eve was gone but my phone didn't ring so that's good.
I unlock and then lock the door behind me and then walk upstairs to Jessica's bedroom.
I find her sleeping cuddled up on a pillow with her phone in her hands. She was waiting for me to text back.
I take my shoes off and climb in bed.
I take the phone from her hands and place it in the nightstand.
I stroke her hair. "Jess... Sweetie wake up..." I whisper.
When she looks up I notice her tears stained cheeks and I immediately move faster.
I take the pillow from her and lay down next to her pulling her closer to me.
Jessica is still looking at me and tears threaten to fall again from her eyes.
"Oh baby don't cry!" I pull her closer to me.
"It's ok. I'm here! Eve is fine! Don't cry!" I rub her back.
"You didn't call.." Jessica says in such a sad tone.
"I know.. I fell asleep.. I'm so sorry..." I kiss her head.
"I was alone!" She tells me.
"I know! I know my love! But I promise you'll never be again! I promise! I'm so sorry!" I kiss her forehead again.
"You didn't come!" She tells me.
"You told me not to so I just fell asleep. I'm so sorry my love! I'm so sorry!"
"I needed you so much.."
"You told me not to go so I fell alders. I'm sorry! I promise I'll never leave you alone again. I promise!" I pull her closer if possible to me.
"Promise?" Jessica asks looking up at me.
I pull her golden hair out of her face and look beep into to those beautiful blue eyes.
"I promise!" And I kiss her. Soft but Jessica pulls me down and the kiss becomes harder.
When we pull away for air she remembers.
"I got to check on Eve!" She says sitting up.
"I already did. I took her to Ellen's so you could rest!"
I pull her back to bed and she doesn't fight me.
"She was ok?" Jessica asks.
"She was! We have dinner at their house anyway so Patrick didn't mind taking her for the day!" I say as Jess cuddles up to me.
"Go back to sleep my love! I'll be right here holding you!" I tell her as I pull my arms around her and intertwine our legs.
"You won't leave... Promise?"
"I will never leave! I promise!" I kiss her forehead and rub her back until she drifts of to sleep.
I turn the tv on and start watching a movie.

Jessica's POV
I sleep until 12. I made us lunch as Sara took a shower and then Sara prepared desert for us to take to Ellen's while I took a shower.
The rest of the day we just hang out. I called Chris and talked with the kids and then Sara and I took the rest of the day just to love each other. We talked, we laughed, we cried from laughing so much, we made out which ended up with us having sex on the couch and then we repeated.
At 8 we were at Ellen's house.
We were the fourth to arrive. Sara took her spot next to the boys singing and I took my spot next to the girls in the kitchen.
Only Ell and Chy were in there.
"Hey!" Chy says as I hug her from behind and smile.
"Hey!" I put the desert on the fridge.
"Where's Eve?" I ask Ellen.
"She's sleeping in Stella's bedroom!" Ellen says.
"She was good?" I ask her.
"Perfect!" Patrick says coming in.
"Hey!" I say.
"Hey!" He gives me a hug then walks and stands next to Ellen behind the stove resting a hand at the bottom of her back.
"Where is Eric?" I ask Chy.
"How would I know?" She says surprised.
"You two didn't talk today?" I ask her.
"Stop it! You too!" She says turning to Ellen.
"I didn't say anything!" Ellen raises her arms in defense.
"But you were!" Chy says and I smile.
"Ok I'm leaving you too to discuss this!" I smile and leave the kitchen.
"I love just how you ignore me!" Patrick says and the girls laugh and so do I.
When I enter the living room Justin is playing something in the guitar and he and Sara are talking.
"Hey!" He is the first to notice me coming in. "How the little one?" He asks.
"She's fine. Just a scare." I say sitting down on Sara's lap.
There is an awkward silence and I turn to Sara with a question look.
"I... We... I... Well... I..." She try's to start multiple times.
"I just have something for you..." She says and then looks at Justin.
He starts to play mine and Sara's song on the guitar and looks away like he's not there and at that moment Chyler enters the room and sits at his feet so they just stay there pretending they're not.
Sara clears her throat and I give her a questioning look.
"I used to try to make something out of nothing,
Whatever it is I was doing wasn't working,
But now I see because my eyes are finally open,
You were meant for me." I smile so big my face can't even contain it. Sara smiles back at me.
"Like a thieve caught cold in the light,
I was headed left no you got me going right,
You woke me up in the middle of my life,
You were meant for me." She plants a kiss on my lips but quickly pulls back not to mess up the song.
"And you changed me,
And you changed the way,
You changed the way I look at love,
And you changed me,
And you changed the way,
You changed the way I look at love" she finishes and I lean in to kiss her with the most humongous smile on my face but Sara pulls back.
"What..." I get interrupted by her.
"I'm not done!.." She says pulling back.
Sara looks me in the eyes holding the ring with two fingers and says:
"Would you give me the honor of wearing this ring as a sign of commitment to me?" She asks me.
I jump up and off the room.

Sara's POV
I look around and now both Justin and Chyler are looking at me with a questioning look.
But before I can think, Jessica is back.
She runs and sits at my lap again.
"So?" I ask her.
"Yes!" She smiles really big. The biggest smile I've ever seen in her face. I take her left hand and put the ring on her finger.
"Now me!" She says taking the ring of her pocket. That's what she went back for.
"Would you do ME the honor of caring this ring as a sign of commitment to me?" Jess asks.
I smile my biggest smile. "Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!" I say and Jess takes my hand and puts the ring on my finger. We seal the exchange with a passionate kiss and then we look at our rings.
"Perfect..." I say.
"Just perfect..." Jess agrees.
At this time everyone claps.
We look around and find everyone has arrived and they all watched us. We smile embarrassed but cling on each other for safety.
We start our night the best way possible.