Chapter eight

Jessica's POV
"We can't keep doing this.." I say caressing Sara's side.
Sara gives me a questioning look. It's still early so I give her the credit.
"The jealousy.." I say and stop my hand at her waist.
"I know.." Sara says. "But it was kinda of hot.." She says pulling me closer to her on the bed and resting her head on my chest.
"Babe.." I tell her. Sara opens her eyes again.
"Ok fine!" Sara says. She sits up on the bed and I do the same. She takes my hand in between hers before talking.
"Although it was really hot..." She looks at me, I nod. "We can't do it again. We have to trust each other that they are not going to just stop loving us and leave us after just a talk or a hug with someone." Sara says playing with my fingers in her hand.
"But I still want people to know you're taken. From the boy at the gas station to the man at the bar you're having a drink in. I want them to know you're not available.." Sara says.
"What bar?" I ask to tease her.
Sara gives me a little punch on the side and I smile.
"What about rings?" I ask her. Sara immediately looks me in the eyes.
"I would like if you' wear a ring for me.. Maybe we'd get matching ones..." I ask her.
A huge smiles crosses her face and Sara plants a passionate kiss on my lips. "Of course I'll wear a ring for you!" She kisses me again and I grab the back of her head and slide down on the bed, bringing her down with me. We make out for the rest of the morning before we head to work.

Sara's POV
It's 5pm and we just got of work.
I drive myself and Jess to the mall to get our rings. We know paparazzi are going to show up immediately but what else could we do?
We head in and into the Tiffany store.
Hand in hand we head to the counter and a girl comes out of the back with boxes in her hands and welcomes us.
"Hello! My name is Mariah, what can I help you with?" She asks placing the boxes down on the inside of the counter.
"We're looking for rings but not engagements or marriage, just... Simple but pretty matching rings..." Jessica says squeezing my hand and looking from me to the rings displayed, her eyes are huge with excitement.
"Commitment rings?" The girl asks looking at us and I nod.
"For dating, but not to simple!" I say looking at her.
"I have these here!" She says taking a tray of rings from a drawer and placing them in front of us. They're simple.. To simple.
"These here.." She says taking another tray of ring out. Some of these are beautiful.
"And these here!" She says taking out another tray of rings. These are too much. Beautiful for marriage but to much for dating.
"Ok, these" Jess says pointing at tray one. "And these" she says pointing at tray two. "I think no.." She looks at me for approval and I smile. She knows me too well. I put my arm around her waist and plant a kiss on her lips.
Jessica places a hand on my cheek during the kiss and after just two or three seconds I pull back to see a smiling Jessica.
"What was that for?" She asks putting her arm around me.
"Just to tell you how much I love you" I give her a peek on the lips and she smiles.
"I know! I love you too!" Jess says looking into my eyes.
We go back to ring shopping and settled on one Jess loved. We both chose different ones but ended up settling in the middle for this one. It's one row of tinny diamonds but it's really pretty.
Mariah places the ring and a matching one, each on a separated box but before handing them to us she asks.
"I forgot! Do you want anything to be graved on the rings?" She asks.
I look at Jess and smile.
"No thank you! We'll just take them as they are!" I say.
We each pay and carry the others ring on our purses.

Jessica's POV
She knows me to well. If it was our engagement or wedding ring, I wouldn't doubt to have something graved on the rings but for dating I think it's too soon. Not that I don't think I'll become engaged and then someday marry Sara. I'd love to, in fact I can't wait for us to be married and have kids of our own but let's not rush things as they are.
Of course outside of the store, there were the paparazzi but we just kept walking hand in hand to the car. The only thing that changed was the gripe we had on each other's hand got stronger.
"Now what?" Sara asks as we get into the car.
"Now we go home and plane a night to exchange rings!" I say grabbing her hand and giving it a soft kiss.
Sara closes her hand in mine and gives it a little squeeze before planting a kiss on my own hand.
"Can't wait!" Sara says.
Neither can I.