Chapter 13

Jessica's POV
We're having a layer back end of the day. Sara is reading her lines, the kids are playing, poppy is painting Sara's toe nails, or trying to. I don't think she realizes that crayons don't really work on nails but Sara doesn't seem to mind.
I'm in the middle of making dinner, with Luke and Eve playing in the dinner table after doing their homework when my phone rings.
"Kids come fatter your stuff and take your backpacks upstairs please!" I say cleaning my hands on my apron.
"Jessica Capshaw!" I say answering them.

Sara's POV
I'm in the middle of my lines when Jess shows up in the living room talking on the phone. I look up from my paper to her when I notice her eyes on me.
"Hmhm... Yes... Who?.. Oh I see..."
"What?" I mouth.
"Can you hold on for just a second?" She asks to the person on the phone with her.
"Ok thanks." She puts a finger on the place where the microphone is on the iPhone.
"It's ABC, they want me as a guest on Dancing with the Stars next week" She says.
"Wow, that's big! Are you doing it?" I ask her.
"I don't know.. It's such an exposure.. Maybe you can do it with me!" Jess says raising her eyebrows and opening her eyes in excitement. She doesn't even wait for me to answer her before she's back on the phone.
"Hello! Yes.. I was wondering if Sara Ramírez could join me?.. No... With a pair but the same dance... Like a couples edition.. Yes.. No! It has to be her or I'm not doing it.. Ok! Perfect!.. Ok see you Tuesday.. Thank you, bye!"
Jess hangs up.
"We're doing Dancing with the Stars!"
She says putting the phone down.
I put my script down and open my arms for her to come sit with me.
While Jess is walking to me Poppy climbs up on my lap and I laugh. Jess picks Poppy up and sits on my lap where Poppy was.
Giving Poppy a kiss on the head Jess puts Poppy down and she walks upstairs.
Jess looks down on me, still laughing.
"What can I say, all the Capshaw woman love me.." I say.
Jessica slaps my arm and frowns.
"Don't get to cocky!"
"I'm sorry!" I say grabbing her waist.
"I'll think about your case.." Jess says resting on my arms.
"Hey, you're were the one who just decided that I was doing Dancing with the Stars.. Maybe next time try to remember I have a voice..." I say.
Jessica looks at me with her eyes filled with worry. She studies my eyes trying to figure out if I'm mad or what I'm feeling.
"I'm sorry I just thought because you like to dance so much you wouldn't mind. But if you don't want to do it I can just call them back.." She says looking at me.
"No.. It's ok.. I am an amazing dancer after all..." I say.
Jess slaps my arm.
"Again with the cockiness?" She asks.
I smile.
"Well don't get to much into it, I don't want anyone looking at my woman like that!" She says playing with my hand on hers.
"They can look all they want, the only one I want to look is you. They can drool all they want but you're the only one getting me!" I say kissing her cheek.
"I'm a pretty good dancer myself!" Jess says moving her hips on my lap.
"And I'm going to be the one making everyone drool!" She says.
"Oh really?" I say teasing her.
Jess gets up from my lap.
"You'll see.." Jess says dancing her way to the kitchen. Moving her hips a bit more than needed. That takes all the concentration I needed to go back to studying my lines with it.
I get up and go help her with dinner.
So I guess we're doing Dancing with the Stars..