Chapter 21

Sara's POV
Ellen and I going out tonight was the best idea ever. Jess and I haven't been on a good road for the last days and today was enough. Saying I'm just like a men?! What does she mean by that? That I don't do anything around the house? That I don't care about the kids? Bullshit!
It's karaoke night here at the bar so after a few drinks Ellen and I decide to go up and sing.
I had a few drinks but I'm sober enough to notice her standing in the middle of the crowd looking at me.
I would recognize that eyes anywhere.
The music "I kissed a girl" by Katy Perry starts and I sing, first looking at Jessica but when it's Ellen's part to sing she gets a little touchy and I look away from Jess.
Ellen's hands are on my waist as she has pushed herself against me and we're dancing and smiling as she smiles against my ears.
When I sing I step away from her but we tease each other, not in a bad way but still teasing.
When the song ends I get down and walk to Jess. I put my arm at her waist and she pushes me away. I think it's instinct and that she's not realizing it's me so I try again and this time she turns to me.
"Get off of me" she says.
"Jess?" I say taking my hand from her waist.
"Go be touchy with Ellen!" She says before turning back and walking to the bar.

Jessica's POV
An hour has passed and Sara hasn't taken her eyes off of me and I can tell you this because I haven't taken mine off of her either. A few girls have tried to take her to dance but she denied every single one and that made me smile every time.
I have this guy who doesn't let go and has been talking to me for 10 minutes, 10 of which I have been focusing on Sara and only her. It's when he grabs my arm that I pay attention.
"Are we dancing or what?" He asks.
"What!" I say.
He grabs my arm tighter and I wince in pain.
"You little bitch! We're going to dance!" He says pushing me and I push back.
"Um... I don't think so.." I hear. That voice. Her voice. My salvation.
"And you are.." He asks her.
Sara looks at me and I answer him.
"My wife!" I say looking at her and Sara smiles.
"Oh.. You two lesbos Hun.. You freaks!" He says walking away.
Sara steps closer but I run out the club crying.
Sara followed me out into the street and took me by surprise.
"I'll never leave you alone.."
"I'm sorry.." I turn to her and cry.
"I'm sorry too!"
"I didn't mean..."
"I didn't either.."
"I love you.."
"I love you too.."
We walk to each other and wrap our arms around each other before we kiss.
We walk to the water and sit on the ground.
Sara puts her arms around me and lean into her.
"Besides the kids, you are the best thing that's ever been mine!" I tell her and hear her smile.
A few people are walking on the other side of the river and looking at her.
"She is the best thing that's ever been mine!" I scream to them point to Sara and they smile and wave.
Sara buries her face in my neck and I smile at her shyness.
I kiss her head and lean back pulling her with me.
We look up and just lay there, looking at the stairs, catching up on lost time, making promises we'll never forget.