Chapter 15

I woke up panting, I looked around to realize it was all just another nightmare. I looked up at Cody who was holding me tightly to his chest. I carefully crawled out of the bed and got dressed. I walked out to the main area and opened up the little mini fridge they had stocked up. I pulled out the orange juice and sat at the table trying not to think of how high I was. It didn't take long for Cody to come out in his boxers rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"Are you okay?" He asked sitting across from me. I nodded advoiding eye contact. "Did I hurt you?" He asked hesitantly. I shook my head remaining silent. "Fuck, Julia I'm so sorry. I just thought that's what you wanted." He started to ramble. I placed my hand over his shaking my head trying to find my voice. 

"Cody, I don't regret one minute with you." I said sternly. He searched my face trying to see if I was lying.

"Then.... What's wrong?" He asked slowly intertwining are hands.

"I... I just had another nightmare is all." I whispered.

He sighed frustrated. "Juls, I keep trying to give you your space, but maybe you should talk about it."

"Your right." I agreed.

"I know you don't like.... Wait, I'm right?" He said surprised I didn't ignore him or argue with him.

I nodded, "Look I went looking for my mate for a long time. During that time Theo had found out his mate had been killed. I still couldn't find mine and I saw how broken up about it he was. Eventually I started to panic that maybe he... you were dead." He rubbed his thumb against my hand soothingly. "I started to have nightmares about finding my mate already gone."

He frowned." But I'm not dead, so why are you still having them?"

"I stopped having them when I met you, but when I started to care about you they came back just different. I keep dreaming about losing you in pack fights, car accidents.... plane crashes." I said the last not looking at him.

"Your not going to lose me." He said determinedly.

"You don't know that." I argued.

He paused. "Your right, but I can promise to do everything in my power to not let it happen." He guided me around the table to his lap. I placed my head on his chest listening to his heart beat. "Jul?" He asked looking down at me. I locked eyes with him and smiled. "What does last night mean for us?"

I sighed heavily feeling the burden of all the secrets I was keeping from him. "I don't know Cody." I answered honestly. "But it's something we need to think about." He mumbled something to me, but I fell fast asleep to the rhythm of his heart beat.

I felt myself moving and instinctually curled closer into Cody.  Opening my eyes I noticed first that we were no longer on the plane we were in a car. I let out a yawn causing a few people to laugh.

"That's my Julia sleeping like a rock." I heard Max's familiar voice say. Cody growled at him hugging me tighter.

"Dude  chill out, if I wanted a piece of her fine ass I'd of already had some." He joked.

"You have a death wish." I heard Dylan laugh as Cody continued to growl.

"Boys no need to fight, there's plenty of me to go around let me just get some more rest." I chipped in. This had everyone but Cody laughing, who was not very happy about my comment.

" Hey by the way are you two officially together yet?" Dylan asked leaning forward to look at us.  Me and Cody exchanged a look not quite sure how to answer.