Alone Time

After ten years, the trail had only gotten more amazing. The flowers and trees lined the path with beautiful colors. There were even some fruit trees that had ripe fruit on every branch. Although any time we accidentally stepped on a flower a tree nymph would throw an apple at us. Eventually we made it to the end of the path. It lead into a clearing, bordering a pond. Lilly pads floated in the water. On top of the lilly pads were flowers.

"Lotus flowers." Annabeth said as if Reading my thoughts.

"Like in Vegas, the casino." I said Annabeth nodded.

"Remember that zoo delivery car with the abused animals." Annabeth said.

"Yeah." I said. It was the first time me and Annabeth really talked.

"Can you believe that was fifteen years ago?" I said. Her eyes widened.

"Wow, fifteen years." She said.

"Yeah, happy late nineteen through Twenty-Seventh birthday." I said.

"You owe me a present." She said. I smirked, then pulled her in for another kiss.

"Good enough." I asked as we pulled away.

"Seaweed Brain." She said. We sat entangled in each others embrace by the pond. We exchanged stories from the last few years.

"I guess it all makes sense, how you knew Mrs. O'Leary, your trip into Manhattan, why you stared at me, your mom, how you knew I liked architecture." Annabeth said.

"Yeah. Honestly, I thought you would put the pieces together. I drank blue power aid, and I had airsickness. I blame you. You should have figured out my identity sooner. Aren't you a daughter of Athena?" I said jokingly. 

"Shut up seaweed brain." She said punching me.

"Ouch, sometimes I think you forget that you can actually hurt me." I complained.

"I'm sorry, do you want me to kiss it?" Annabeth asked trying not to laugh.

"Well if that's the the rule then ow, my lip hurts." I said. She gave me a dirty look then leaned in and kissed me.

"Better?" She asked.

"It could Stand to feel better." I said. She glared at me. I laughed.  We kissed again.

"Am I interupting?" A voice said from behind us. We pulled apart and looked over and saw Kiara.

"Do you have to do that where everyone can see?" She asked.

"Were two miles from camp." I said.

"Are we? It felt more like four." Kiara said. I glared at her.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry I thought I lived in a world where people hang out with their friends." Kiara complained.

"Well girlfriend comes first." I said.

"Oh she's your girlfriend now. I thought you guys were just frenching like at the rest stop, not really a boyfriend girlfriend thing." Kiara said.

"How do you know about that!?" Annabeth said.

"I have my ways." Kiara said. I glared at her.

"Yes she's my girlfriend and why were you spying on us." I said.

"What happened to 'I never want to go out with her again'." Kiara said.

"Well that was before I found out what really happened." I said.

"So you and eclipse aren't a thing anymore. I can stop pretending to be gay." Kiara said.

"What?" Annabeth said confused.

"Eclipse was jealous of Kiara so we told her Kiara was a lesbian." I said.

"You and Eclipse were together?" Annabeth asked standing up.

"Not officially but..."

"So while you were kissing me at the rest stop, you were with eclipse." Annabeth said.

"Well, no we weren't really together until after we got back." I said.

"So you were dating me and her at the same time?" Annabeth said.

"No...well yes...I was going to break up with you but then....when Thalia...."

"Let me get this straight...You kissed me, then you kissed Eclipse, then you decided to break it off with me, but not tell me." Annabeth said.

"I never kissed Eclipse, I didn't know she was the one who killed me, and I tried to tell you but Thalia got in the way." I said.

"You were about to kiss eclipse but then Thalia ran after you guys." Kiara added.

"Not helping." I said.

"So, you cheated on me." Annabeth said she folded her arms against her chest.

"You cheated on me." I said defensively.

"How did I cheat on you?" Annabeth asked. She was not happy.

"You kissed me when you were still looking for me." I said. Annabeth looked at me confused.

"Huh?"

"When you were looking for me, percy, you kissed me, Omega." I explained.

"It's not cheating. I kissed you." Annabeth said.

"But you didn't know that. You thought you were cheating." I said.

"Not really...I mean, when I kissed you, Omega, It felt right, like I was supposed to kiss you." Annabeth admitted. At that moment I walked over to her and kissed her. She melted in my arms. After a few seconds we pulled apart.

"Call it even?" Annabeth asked. I nodded.

"Ehem!?" Kiara said, clearing her throat.

"Yes?" I said.

"Well, before you guys got into your lovers spat I was going to tell you there's a war meeting. Apparently we due an attack any day now." Kiara said. My expression hardened. Annabeth nodded. We had forgotten there was a war going on. We walked back into camp.