Death's Daughter

"Kiara, your not in jail." Annabeth said hugging Kiara.

"Hey your not in jail either! How about a hello?" Kiara said. She looked she was about to hug me but she hesitated.

"So what happened to you?" Annabeth asked.

"Nothing much. Just drove awhile, then switched cars. Mortal police aren't that bright." Kiara said. She talked for awhile until we heard a noise. Thalia was walking towards us. She glared at me as she approached.

"Hi Thalia." I said innocently.

"Omega." She said coldly.

"Annabeth, I need to talk to you." Thalia said.

"Ok. I'll catch up with you later Kiara." Annabeth said. Then Thalia lead her to the Artemis cabin.

"She doesn't like you does she?" Kiara said.

"Thalia is mad at me." I said.

"Why?"

"It's a long story, why don't we talk about it while I show you around?" I suggested. She nodded. I told her about what happened after she left.

"And then I...I kissed her." I said embarrassed.

"I thought you said you didn't like her anymore." Kiara said.

"She grew on me. I don't know how she does it. And now I have to break up with her." I said.

"Why?"

"I'm only here until the war is over. Then I'm leaving. I don't really want her to join chaos army when she dies." I said.

"Didn't chaos pick you? Why don't you ask him to not accept her?"

"He might, he might not. That's the thing about chaos, he's.... Chaotic." I said. I showed Kiara around for awhile. Then we walked to the docks.

"Wow, the sunset is beautiful here." Kiara said.

"Yeah, I remember when I was alive. I used to come here all the time with Annabeth." I said quietly. I didn't want anyone to overhear us talking about my past.

"That must have been-"

"Omega!? What are you doing?" A voice said from behind us.
I turned around and saw eclipse. She looked at me with a hurt expression.

"I...I can't believe you!" She said. She turned to leave.

"Eclipse it's not what it looks like! Kiara, she's-"

"A lesbian." Kiara said cutting me off.

"What?" Eclipse said.

"Yeah, I'm new, Percy said he'd show me around. Since I helped him get back to camp. By the way those robes look great on you." Kiara said. I looked at her surprised. She gave me a just work with me expression. I realized she was lying about being a lesbian so that eclipse wouldn't hate me.

"My robes?" Eclipse said. "they're just standard issue robes. Nothing fancy."

"Well you look great." Kiara said.

"Thanks I guess." Eclipse said oblivious to the fact that Kiara was trying to flirt.

"Um Eclipse..." I started to say.

"Yeah?"

"She's flirting with you." I said.
Eclipse looked at Kiara.

"I'm flattered, really but I'm kind of into boys. A very specific boy actually." Eclipse said looking at me.

"Oh." Kiara said realizing me and eclipse were more than just friends.

"Well, welcome to camp. But I'm not actually a camper. You should go talk to Chiron about getting settled into the Hermes cabin." Eclipse said.

"No I think I'll just go to my dad's cabin." Kiara said and she headed towards the Thanatos cabin. After we defeated Kronos, we had cabins built for all the minor gods. Including Thanatos.

"She's...Nice." Eclipse decided.

"Yeah." I said awkwardly. We stood together in silence until the sun had completely set.

"So did you break it off with Annabeth?" Eclipse asked. But she said it in a tone as if she knew the answer.

"Oh crap..." I said.

"What?"

"I was about to tell her but Thalia and Kiara got in the way." I said. Eclipse stared at me. A small strand of her hair fell out from under her hood and hung infront of her face. She reached up to brush it up under her hood. I realized I had never seen her hair. I grabbed her hand before she could brush her hair back.
She hesitated and let me touch her hair.

"I don't think I've ever seen your hair before." I said. Her hair was smooth like silk and dark like the night sky.

"Yeah, I guess we haven't really seen each other's face before." Eclipse admitted.

"Well if you show me yours I'll show you mine." I said. She hesitated, as if she were scared to see my face, or show me hers.

"Um..." She said.

"Come on, I promise I'm not that hideous." I said.

"It's not you...Well...It's um..." She started to say.

"Listen, I don't care what you look like I just thought it would be easier for me to kiss you if I saw your face." I said. "I love you matter no matter what you look like."

"That's not..."

"Listen. I understand. But appearance doesn't matter to me." I said.

"That's not...Um...Yeah, yeah ok." She said. But something else was bothering her.

"So, do you want me to go first." I asked. She looked around to see if anyone was nearby. Then she slowly took off her hood.