Awakening

The pain in the back of my head was throbbing. What happened? I was talking to Omega, then I realized what happened when Percy died. And then...

"Percy!" I said sitting straight up. I was in the hotel bed. Omega and kiara were at my bed side.

"Woah girl. Slow down. You've been through a lot. Take it easy." Kiara said.

"Where's Percy?" I asked.

"Percy? What are you talking about, Percy died ten years ago." Kiara said sadly. She had one hand on a dagger strapped to her belt.

"Wait? Your not a..." I started to say but kiara finished it.

"Not a half-blood? Yeah i really got you good with that." She said.

"What?"

"I'm a half-blood." She said.

"But what about Percy? I know I saw him. He had his sword. He jumped infront of me. I saw it." I said.

"I jumped infront of you." Kiara said. "And I was using my dagger."

"But...I...I know I saw him." I insisted.

"You did get hit in the head. Are you sure you weren't seeing things?" Omega asked.

"I...I guess I...Could have." I said. Was it fake? Did he actually save me. It Had to be fake. I saw him die.

"What were you doing?" I asked Omega.

"I killed the thing that was behind you." He said.

Kiara looked out the window nervously.

"We need to go!" She said suddenly.

"Why?" Omega asked.

"We just need to get to camp. Come on. We need to go." She said. She grabbed her bag and threw our bags at us.

"Come on. I'll drive." She said. We got up and she pulled me and Omega out of the room and To the parking lot. We got into the back seat of the car. As soon as we were in Kiara floored it. She drove straight into the freeway from the off ramp.

Omegas pov

"Your going to get us killed!" Annabeth screamed.

"Why are you driving like this?" I asked.

"It's....Nothing just....Hold on!" Kiara said. Me and Annabeth tried to put our seatbelts on but they were broken. Kiara sped past a dozen cars, driving like a NASCAR driver. I looked down and realized Annabeth was holding my hand. She looked panicked.

Suddenly four police cars were behind us. They weren't happy.

"Why is there a many police cars?" I asked. Kiara cursed silently.

"What?" I said.

"Well...Um...I kind of lied to you about how I got this car....I um...I stole it..." Kiara said.

"What!?" Me and Annabeth said.

"Well you needed to go to camp and so did I, so I decided to steal this car to get us to camp. I didn't think they would figure out it was me." Kiara said.

"What do you mean you didn't think they would figure out it was you?" Annabeth asked.

"Well, I'm sort of known for stealing. Ive been doing it for years. That's how I got the hotel room." Kiara said.

"And now they've caught you." I said.

"No, but I have an idea." Kiara said.

"If it involves breaking out of prison then don't bother." Annabeth said.

"No, I'm going to cut through that street. And I'm going to drop you off. That way If they do catch me they don't get you." Kiara said.

"Well unfortunately that seems like the only good plan." Annabeth said.

"Let's do it." I said. Kiara took a turn nearly hitting a building, then she turned into a back alley.

"Your going to have to jump!" Kiara said.

"Are you crazy?" Annabeth said.

"Yeah, I am, but that's not important. I'll see you at camp. Jump!" Kiara said. I pushed my door open and pulled Annabeth out with me. We fell out into the Alleyway. Was fine until Annabeth landed on top of me.

"Ow!" Annabeth said. She looked down and saw me. She rolled off.

"Sorry." She said. We stood up.

"What are the chances we run into another half-blood with a car?" I asked.

"Doubtful. Let's just find somewhere with a map. Figure out where we are." Annabeth said.

We walked into a store and talked to the clerk. He gave us map.

"We're right here, Brownville Nebraska. We're about 1,308 miles from Manhattan."  Annabeth said.

"Fun. So how long does it take to walk there?" I asked.

"Just about seventeen days. Five days if we use a bike. Twenty hours by car." Annabeth said.

"So...car is best." I said.

"Well there's a couple more options. A train would only take two days. And a plane would only be nine hours."

"No planes!" I said.

"What why?" Annabeth asked.

"I get airsickness." I mumbled.

"What was that I couldn't here you?" Annabeth said.

"I get airsickness!" I said louder.

"You!? The fearless leader of chaos army gets airsick!? Ha! That's the funniest thing I've heard." Annabeth said cracking up.

"As I recall your old Percy Jackson a.k.a. your old boyfriend was terrified of planes." I said. Annabeth glared at me.

"How do you know that?" Annabeth asked.

"Word spreads far in Asphodel. Especially when the person in question has a lot of enemies." I said. It wasn't a lie. Before I died Nico had told me about the all the enemies I had in the underworld.

"Wow. So you know anything else about my boyfriend?" Annabeth asked.

"I know what happened to him and you before he died." I said. She didn't ask anymore questions after that.

"So we need a car." I said.

"Well, I think there's a rental place somewhere in town. We can rent one and find a place to turn it in, in Manhattan." Annabeth said.

"Or we could just go to a parking lot and find one we like." I said.

"Are you suggesting we steal a car?" Annabeth said.

"Percy would have approved." I said trying not to laugh. She glared at me.

"I guess your right." She said. "Let's get a car."