Car

Annabeth and I picked a blue Subaru Outback. It had navigation, heated seats and a sunroof.

"Nice choice." I said.

"Hey, the newer models have the best perks." She said. I unlocked the door.

"I'll drive." Annabeth said. But I had noticed the bags under her eyes.

"No it's fine. Put the back seats down and sleep." I said. I realized I was being nice to her. I had been doing that for awhile. When I first saw her the first day we arrived all I wanted to do was attack her, now I was being nice. I guess as much as I hated her I missed her company. She was a good friend.

"Are you sure?" She said. I took off my backpack and handed her a blanket.

"I'm sure." I said. She smiled. And fell asleep in the back.

We drove for about four hours until we needed to stop for gas. I pulled of the freeway into Quincy Illinois. The navigation lead me to the closest gas station. 6th St. Mini Mart. I pulled in and filled up the tank. Annabeth got out of the car.

"Where are we." She said yawning.

"Quincy Illinois." I said. She nodded.

"I can drive for awhile." Annabeth said.

"No." I said.

"Why?"

"I don't want to sleep, and the only thing keeping me from sleeping is driving." I said.

"Why don't you want to sleep?" Annabeth asked kind of amused.

"Nightmares." I said. Annabeth got serious.

"You wanna talk about it?" She asked. I realized this is exactly what she used to when I was alive. Then she we would spend a day together and I would forget.

"No....Um...I'm good. I think it's better if I don't talk about it." I said.

"Well if you say so. If you change your mind let me know. I've been told I'm good at it." Annabeth said.

"Good at what?"

"Talking it out. Helping people with their problems." She said.

We got in the car and drove for awhile. Until we got Springfield. I decided to take a different route.

"What are you doing? You missed the turn?" Annabeth said.

"I had an idea. It may take a little longer but I think you'll like it." I said.

"Suspicious much." Annabeth grumbled.

"Well, if you want me to turn around...Although you'll never know what I was really doing. And you'd never see the surprise." I said.

"Fine. But you better hurry. We need to be at camp soon." Annabeth said. We drove for about six hours and arrived in Detroit. I drove in the town for awhile until i spotted it. Detroit Institute of Arts.

Annabeth looked at me.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"What do you mean?"

"How did you know I like architecture and art." She asked.

"Your a child of Athena. I figured you'd like it. An old friend of mine was a child of Athena. She would have loved to visit a place like this." I said.

"What happened to her. Wouldn't she have joined chaos army?" Annabeth asked.

"I wouldn't know. I guess she's still alive." I said.

"Did she go to camp? Maybe I knew her." Annabeth said.

"You didn't know her." I said. We were both quiet for a bit.

"You wanna go in?" I asked.

"Yeah I wanna go in!" She said excitedly. We went in and she went insane. Using big words like 'Structural Integrity' and 'Diagrammatic'. I honestly had no idea what she was talking about but seeing her happy made me happy. Was I...Falling in love with her again? No, she was just a friend. It doesn't matter anyways. Once the mission was over I wouldn't see her again.

Once we had gone through and looked at every exhibit we left. As we got in the car Annabeth smiled and said,

"Thank you Omega, I had fun." And she kissed my cheek. Then she went into the back, pulled out her laptop and studied some architectural designs. I didnt know she had that with her. I drove for a five hours until I realized I was to tired to drive and we were out of gas. I didn't see a gas station anywhere nearby. I pulled over and found an abandoned rest stop.

"Why are we stopping?" Annabeth asked.

"Out of gas, and as much as I hate to admit it I'm tired." I said. Annabeth smirked.

"Well I guess we can camp out for awhile. I have a friend in Manhattan who might be able to pick us up." Annabeth said.

"Well, were about five hours out of Manhattan. I guess we can camp out until your friend gets here." I said.

"You start a fire and I'll call her." Annabeth said. I nodded. And as I walked to get fire wood I caught a glimpse of her phone screen. The name read Sally Jackson. She was calling my mom.