On The Road Again

Kiara woke me up to drive, and at the next rest stop we switched. I hadn't driven in awhile. So I was a bit rusty but I picked it up after awhile.

"So how did you guys get to Oregon? You said that you were in Long island." Kiara asked.

"Well. One of my idiot friends decided that we should go drinking. So we did and well....I think me and Annabeth did something and we somehow got to Oregon." I said.

"Did something?" Kiara asked.
"Are you guys like...Together?"

"No." I said quickly.

"Does she know who you really are?" Kiara asked.

"No. And she won't know. If she found out who I was. I don't know what she would do. And knowing her It wouldn't be good." I said.

"Why, did you know her before you, ya know." She asked.

"Yes....Yes I knew her." I said.

"Judging by the way you said that, you weren't friends." Kiara said.

"It doesn't matter. That was a long time ago." I said. Kiara pulled out a GPS.

"Huh, this is cool." She said as she messed with it. We drove for awhile. Annabeth woke up about an hour later.

"We should stop for food." I said.

"Well, what do you like?" Kiara asked.

"What's close?" I asked.

"Let's see. Burger King, McDonalds, Applebee's, Monster Donut-"

"NO MONSTER DONUT!" Me and Annabeth said at the same time.

"Let's just keep driving a bit." I said.

We drove for another couple hours until we reached another town. I was to tired to read the sign. And dislexyia didn't help.

"I...I need to sleep." I said.

"I can drive." Annabeth offered.

"No. There's a hotel. Let's stay for the night." Kiara said. Nobody argued. We pulled up into the parking lot.

"Hey, I'll get the room, you guys look around for something to eat." Kiara said. She went into the hotel. Me and Annabeth walked around for a bit looking for anywhere to eat. We found a McDonalds and ordered dollar meal food. Annabeth pulled out her wallet but I stopped her.

"I got it." I said pulling out a wad of cash that hadn't been there before.
Thank you chaos. I said in head.

We went to grab drinks.

"What do you think Kiara would like?" She asked me.

"I don't know...I guess just get her water." I said. She put the cup underneath the dispenser and pushed the button. Nothing happened.

"Dam, I think I broke it." She said. "Ill go tell someone."

"No, I can fix it." I said. She raised an eyebrow.

"Can you fix it?" She asked.
I hope so. I thought. I got an idea. I could just pretend to fix it, then use my water powers to get water while pressing the button to make it look like I fixed it. I reached into my pocket and pulled out a pocket knife. Then I messed with the machine for awhile trying to make it seem like I was fixing it. Then after a few minutes I put the cup underneath the dispenser, pressed the button, while using my powers. And slowly water filled up the cup. I handed it to Annabeth, who put a lid on it.

"Child of Hephaestus?" She asked impressed.

"Something like that." I said. Then I filled my cup with blue power aid. Annabeth smiled and filled her own cup with the drink.

"You like power aid?" I asked as we walked out with our food.

"No, it's blue." She said.

"Blue?" I asked. I knew the answer but if I didn't keep asking questions it might look bad. She might get suspicious.

"Percy, he loved blue stuff. Anytime he would get a drink at camp it would always be blue." She said. I nodded. We walked back to the hotel. Kiara was waiting in the parking lot. She was holding a room card looking around nervously. Then she saw us.

"Hey, our room is this way." She said pointing to the stairs.

"What about the elevator?" I asked.

"They're broken." She said quickly. Annabeth didn't seem to believe her but she nodded.

"Lead the way." Annabeth said.