Little Flirt [II]

Start from the beginning

"No, we only got clothes that would be proper for this weather." I said hoping that somehow that would cheer her up.

"Then tomorrow we can all go for your school supplies." Kelly said clearly looking forward to that.

The next morning after an awful night of trying to get used to this new time zone, Kelly took us to different stores buying all sort of things like note books, pencils, binders and tons of paper. We got home around five in the afternoon so I decided to take a shower and got in my pajamas and in bed. I was checking the list of five possible vampires when Kelly entered the room with a tray of homemade cookies.

"Hi, honey. I brought you a little snack. What are you doing?" Kelly asked as she sat down in the bed with me.

"Nothing, I was just checking my schedule and the school's map." I said closing the folder that had the information about the suspects.

Selene had also gave me information about Kelly, she got married when she barely eighteen, months later when she was pregnant Kelly and her husband got in an accident and only Kelly survived losing her husband and the baby that was in her womb, Kelly kept the married last name and she never remarried but it was her dream to be a mother so a few years later after she became a lawyer she decided to adopt Mike who was at the time four years old and now she was adopting me a teenage girl, Kelly always wanted a big family but at the time she could only have us. I admire her strength, the strength she had to stay on her feet and to not let anything stop her.

"Selene Colt came when you were in the shower; she said that she had only come here to bring you your car so it would be better for you to move around here and a small letter." Kelly said breaking my thoughts.

"She brought my car?" I said confused, I never had a car before I was only allowed to drive the small cat that the Academy had for our driving lessons.

"Your mentor from your old school send it, I think she said she was Professor McCord." Kelly said wondering off.

Of course, it made perfect sense now, Eva would do something like that, it was the present she was talking about the day of the graduation dance, and Eva had told me that she bought me a present but I never thought she would buy me a car.

"Alice, tomorrow since I have to work I won't be in the house, Michael normally has a babysitter and I don't know if you want me to let you and Michael on your own of or you would prefer the babysitter." Kelly asked me in a wary tone.

"I can take care of Michael and we should probably use that time to get to know each other a bit more, so we can know each other better." I said with a reassuring smile.

"If you prefer that Michael gets out from school at 3:30 p.m. twenty minutes after you do and I usually get home around 4:30 p.m. so you two will only be alone for an hour, but don't worry my schedule will change next week so starting next Monday I will be home at 2:00 pm. meaning we will spend together more time and I can take care of Michael when you start to go out." Kelly said with a kind smile.

After talking a few things about school, Kelly left to check up on Mike leaving the tray of delicious chocolate chip cookies behind. After finishing the cookies, I open the letter, it had direct instructions from Selena about how I was going to 'blend in' myself tomorrow in the school, also it had her phone number so I could call her in case there was an emergency or if I found any information that was related to my mission. As I placed the letter away a small envelope fell, it had my name on it, and I open it up and started to read it.

'Little one, I hope you are strong in these days especially in school areas, I have heard that some teens can destroy you even if I doubt that something can break you down. Please call me as soon as you're allowed. And remember, as soon as that mission is over I'm having that date with you. Antonio.'

I placed the note away and went to sleep with a smile on my face.

In the morning, I placed some black shorts, black ankle boots and a white shirt that contained the UK flag. I did my makeup and placed my black hat on, my light brown hair was curly and it hung below my shoulders, this was how Selene told me I was going to go for my first day, she had arranged most of my wardrobe. I decided to use the bus for a while until I got used to driving on the left side of the car.

As I entered the bus I was met by curious glances, I strolled down to the back that was nearly empty and sat on an empty seat. I placed one of my headphones on with music and stared at the window outside, the bus started moving when a guy with black hair and brown eyes sat next to me.

"Hi, I'm Toby." He said as he started to talk, he was part of the football team, his family owned a big corporation, he was outgoing, popular and in his own terms 'single'.

In other shorts terms, he was suspect number one: Tobias Brown.