Prologue: Good News

Bz. Bzz. Bzzzz.

"Wake up, guys! C'mon, it's bloody important!"

In a few minutes, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles were gathered in the living room of Liam Payne's flat.

Four of the boys- the newcomers to be exact- had mingled looks of confusion and sleepiness on their faces. 

"Liam," Louis said slowly. "I was dreaming about carrots and rainbows, so this better be important."

Liam's face lit up and he started smiling goofily as though he was a five year old who recieved the biggest toy gun in the world for his birthday.

"KATHERINE IS COMING TO VISIT!"

The mood in the room suddenly became attentive. Harry sat up so quickly, his elbow hit Niall in the face. Zayn, who was snoozing on Louis' shoulder, opened his eyes and shoved Louis away. 

"WHAT?"
"SERIOUSLY?"
"WHEN?"
"LET'S BUY HER POTATOES!"

"Tomorrow evening- I pick her up at the airport. She's gonna be with us for 5 months, mum said so!"
Liam said happily. Louis whooped excitedly, to be followed by all the boys except from Liam.

"Since we're all awake," Harry said, standing up as the excitement died down a bit. "Why don't I go cook some pancakes?"

"I want mine's with blueberries! No, wait, strawberries! No- never mind- maple syrup! Chocolate syrup!" Niall exclaimed, following Harry in to the kitchen.

"Better take care of them," Louis said as he went in to the kitchen.

Zayn looked at Louis and smiled widely, shaking his head.

"I swear, these 5 months are gonna be the craziest months to ever come to the One Direction househould."

And from that sentence alone, Zayn couldn't have been more right.