Chapter Thirty Eight - Rock Bottom

Start from the beginning

We couldn't afford to fight right now anyway. I needed my Mom and my Mom needed me. We had to get each other through this, no matter what the outcome turned out to be.

I walked downstairs once I was dressed, not bothering with my hair. I hated it like this but Rosie thought it was cute and I couldn't be bothered gelling it. I wasn't so pleased with the 'cute' reference, but whatever.

She was leaning against the counter with her back to me, sipping her hot chocolate. I wrapped my arms around her tiny waist and pressed my face into her back. I was so glad she didn't mind me being clingy....cause I was being really clingy lately.

I needed her close to me all the time, and I needed her to hold me when it got too much, and I needed her to run her fingers through my hair and tell me everything was gonna be okay.

She was the only person I really remotely believed when they told me that.

She turned around in my arms and held me close as I nuzzled her neck. She giggled, the most beautiful sound ever, instantly putting a smile on my face.

She looked so damn sexy in my underwear and shirt, but I'd never use her again like before. It was a one time, mistake and it would never happen again. Everything had to be special for Rosie, it couldn't just be about sex. No matter what the reason for that sex was.

Rosie deserved roses and candles and romance, which maybe I couldn't always give her, but that's what she deserved.

''Morning.'' she said, greeting me with a bright smile. I could see in her eyes that she wasn't as happy as she was letting on, but I ignored it. I appreciated that she was being strong for my benefit.

''Morning.'' I answered, going back to nuzzling her neck.

She sighed contentedly, tangling her slim fingers into my hair while I buried my face in her neck. Everything about Rosie made me feel better, she could take my mind off anything, even just for a short while.

''I made you breakfast.'' she told me, nodding over to the plate of toast.

''Thanks.'' I mumbled, smiling down at her and pecking her nose once before sitting down and watching her carefully while I munched on my toast. I was starving, so I wasn't putting up a fight today.

She started washing dishes, putting things away and tidying up. It wasn't even her mess and she was going out of her way to clean up. As I watched her, I had this weird feeling in my stomach. It was like I had found the most perfect girl in the world and I knew I couldn't even let her go. She was like fucking wife material, seriously, she was perfect.

The way she looked after me, how good she was with children, the fact she had become not only my girlfriend but my best friend too. She was my world, my everything and I knew right then and there that even though we were only young, hell Rosie wasn't even legal yet, but I knew I was going to marry this girl one day.

''What are you smiling about?'' she asked, laughing at the goofy grin that made its way onto my face. I shook my head, shrugging as I set the plate into the sink.

''Nothing.'' I said nonchalantly.

It wasn't nothing though, I just didn't have the balls to admit to her what I'd just been thinking.

She rolled her eyes and leaned up to kiss my cheek.

''I'm gonna go home for half an hour and get changed, pack some clothes and see my Mom, are you okay on your own?'' she asked me, watching me carefully. It was like she was expecting me to lie, so she wanted to watch my eyes to be especially sure.

I smiled down at her and pecked her lips, changing my mind as I began to pull back, so I held her face in my hands to keep her closer. I went in for another kiss and wrapped my arms around her waist. I could feel her smiling against my lips, giggling as I groaned 'cause I couldn't get her close enough to me.