Edgar Allen Poe: Afternoon

"Miss (Y/n)! Master Poe is downstairs by the fireplace! He wishes to see you!"

(Y/n) nodded in delight before she quickly cleaned up the toys in the nursery, as a servant of the Poe house, she always had to play with the Poe's nieces and nephews in the nursery. And to add to that, always had to clean up after them.

She dusted her apron gently before making her way downstairs in haste. She brushed her hair with her fingers frantically making sure that it was neat and acceptable for the master's eyes.

Upon arriving downstairs, where she found the master Poe seated by the fireplace in a rigid manner. His shoulders were tense and his badger Karl was napping beside his feet. A book was present between his hands, old and vintage, unlike any of the colorful books in the nursery.

"Master Poe?" The nursery maid called out gently, "You requested for my presence?"

Poe jumped in shock before nodding and told her to take a seat by the fireplace too.

When she did, the coffee table between their seats laid idle and when Poe noticed this, he scrambles off his seat before pouring tea for the both of them (and ignored the her insist of pouring the tea).

"Arhem... I-I'm sorry Miss (Y/n) this is so sudden!" His voice stammered as his fingers fiddled anxiously, "You may wonder why I have invited you for an afternoon tea..."

The nursery maid tilted her head in confusion. Master Poe was acting unusually odd and anxious when the house was perfectly silent.

"You see Miss (Y/n), I-I'll be going out of town tomorrow," Poe started, "And I was wondering... I-If you would be delighted to come with me?"

Her eyes widened, her neatly folded hands fell to thighs, "M-Master Poe what on Earth do you mean!? Who will take care of your nieces and nephews while I'm out of town with you?"

"Oh Miss (Y/n) I-I beg of you!"

This time Poe stumbled out of his seat and embraced her hips.

"I-I cannot stand not having you to aid me! Y-Your presence ameliorate me from my sickened nightmares!"

Tears brimmed at the heartfelt confession, (Y/n) nodded before placing a kiss on his head, returning for his affectionate words.

_ FIN _

Author's note: hey yalls xD okay so in feeling a little better (yayyy) and so I actually have so many things in mind that i wanna do but never get done (like i legit procrastinated just to get this one chapter done)

Honestly though does anyone have like an advice for making dayly agendas? If you do let me know!

If you liked this chapted please vote, comment or share! Constructive criticism is highly appreciated but please keep the comments down there moderated~ ;)