Edgar Allen Poe: Come to the party~ [ R ]

Edgar Allen Poe, or (Y/n) liked to call 'Poey~~~' was not a big fan of parties. As a childhood friend and his only friend, (Y/n) found it easy to socialize and connect with the people around her; thus now she's (trying) to help her kind of sociopathic friend to talk a little more.

It was (Y/n)'s sister's Wedding Party and out of all the people, she was the most excited, for the part that her sister is getting married... And Edgar socializing a little more.

Just to spare him the embarrassment and being the good friend she is, she specially requested for their table to be slightly secluded from the others and that it'd only be (Y/n) and Edgar.

As soon as the two jolly good friends entered the party, (Y/n) could already feel Edgar's dignity crumble down seeing this many people at once. She felt his shaky hands clench on the ribbon at the back of her dress while he slightly slouched in fear and awkwardness. Of course, she can only sigh and keep walking as she greeted her other family members and friends.

"(Y-Y/n...)" Edgar muttered under his breath, the bangs of his hair covering his eyes from anything else, "Don't let go of me..."

"Poeyyyy~~~ Stop being immature," (Y/n) whined silently back at him, she made an attempt to kick him forward but failed when he had dodged it, smirking in victory under the strands of hair.

Soon they reached their slightly secluded table, it was as expected, only for Edgar and (Y/n).

On the table was already an appetizer set, there were some freshly baked bread and small saucer of garlic butter mixed with soy sauce.

(Y/n) could only lick her lips at the sight of the luscious appetizer set for them, she then began to impatiently tug on Edgar until he was finally seated (rather stiffly) next to her; it was only after she started eating the bread that he also ate (and rather awkwardly he ate).

The Wedding Party was quiet for the both of them, they didn't talk much as (Y/n) had no choice but to dance with her sister.

And whilst the two girls were enjoying their time, the to-be husband approached Edgar carefully before sitting next to him with a glass and bottle of wine, "Wine? You're Edgar Poe right?"

Edgar slightly flinched at his casual tone before awkwardly answering, "Y-Yes... That is my name..."

"You know (Y/n) really likes you."

"... Whatever are you saying!?"

"Hahaha just kidding," the man chuckled before handing Edgar a small bouquet of rose, "I mean I don't know about her, but I know as a man, you like her, right?"

He grinned and nudged Edgar's ribs before leaving Edgar in daze and confusion.

When (Y/n) had returned, she had smiled at Edgar brightly before sitting next to him with a glass of wine, "So did you make any friends Poey? Who's the flower from~?"

"Um... Uh..." Edgar mumbled anxiously, fidgeting under her gaze before shoving it towards her and shrieking, "It's for you (Y/n)!"

He soon left the crowd in laughter as he ran out with red cheeks and leaving (Y/n) as dazed as he was.

What a strange but sweet man.

_ FIN _

Author's note: One of my babies Edgar Allen Poe~ <3 Coz actually I have his books downloaded in my phone *hides under a blanket*

This was requested by @adistantmemory1

I hope it was to your liking, so please vote, share or comment or do whatever you want X"D Constructive criticism is appreciated but please oh pleaseeee keep the comments down there moderated ;)