Charles Xavier

A/N: WARNING! Attempts of suicide is in this. I don't mean to trigger anything.

PS: This is before Apocalypse

Jump
Charles moved his wheelchair in circles, reading out to his class. That day was just like any other day; he'd wake up early, slowly get ready, wheel to the kitchen where food will be made already by Hank. He'd then go to his office and grab the items he needed for class, and get the room ready. He'd then greet his students happily, starting quickly on their education. It was repetitive, but it was surprisingly pleasant for him. Something he always wanted. Peace and harmony.
Reading the book while flicking through minds absently, he stopped mid sentence when he stumbled upon one troubled mind.
"I'm sorry," he heard, "I'm sorry you're going to have to clean up my body remains after this."
"Suicide." Charles realised in a whisper. The students stared at him in confusion but he paid no mind to them, focussing on that one mind.
Taylor Smith. One of the few adults in the academy that wanted help in their mutant powers. She was a quiet girl, always reading and doing her work, never picked a fight. So why did she want to kill herself?
Not even bothering to find his answers, he knew he needed to act fast to stop her from jumping off the roof of his mansion. But there was one problem: he was disabled from waist below.
Revealing the serum Hank created for him years ago, he quickly stabbed himself in the arm, a small cry escaping his lips. The students gasped in horror at what he was doing. "Professor, what are you doing?" one of the students cried out.
Charles felt the familiar tingles through his legs and feet, slowly getting up from the wheelchair, scaring the children more. He quickly searched her mind, finding she was almost to the roof.
Charles looked around, spotting a student who could fly. "James, I need your assistance."
"Me?" the teenager pointed to himself shocked.
"Yes," Charles walked to the windows, opening them widely and jumping out of it, "I need you to fly me to the roof."
"Uh, sir?"
"Do this and you get extra credit for helping me save a life."
"Okay." James hopped out afterwards, grabbing the mind reader by the armpits. "Hold on." Wings ripped through his shirt, and away they were, Charles' class looking up through the window. He distinctly heard someone yell to get Hank.
They landed on the roof a bit roughly, though Charles luckily stayed on his feet. He turned to the teenager, sending a small nod to him. "Go back to class now, James. Everything will be fine from here." Charles assured him. "Tell Doctor McCoy to take over and that I will explain everything to him later."
"Got it, Professor." James nodded his farewell, jumping off the roof. Charles winced when he saw him do that, reminding him of Taylor's situation.
Just as he thought that, the door to the door opened, revealing said woman. She wore simple jeans and a white blouse with sandals, hair out in waves. Her face was flushed, eyes puffy from crying. It broke his heart when he saw he state.
He made her think she was alone, watching her walk slowly to the edge of the roof, peering down nervously. He decided to show himself then.

"Don't do this."

Taylor gasped, turning to him sharply. Her eyes widened when she saw him standing, hands tucked in his pockets casually.
"Professor -"
"Taylor," he said gently, "step away from the edge." Surprise was gone from her face, replaced with sadness and anger.
"I came here for a reason." she murmured, stepping closer to the edge. Charles flinched when he saw her move.
"Please don't make me stop you." he pleaded. "Come down -"
"Why should I?" she yelled. "Why should I do what you say? You don't even know me! You don't know what I have been through!"
"Then help me understand, Taylor." Charles begged. "Don't do this. I see so much potential in you. You're a bright person -"
"No, I'm not. Please, just let me do this. I want to go."
"This isn't the way to go." Charles told her, taking a step towards her. "Whatever happened, it's not your fault."
"Yes it is!" she cried, looking into his eyes desperately. "Everything is always my fault!"
He decided to look into her mind for answers, feeling her pain and guilt immediately. She was sexually assaulted by her step-father, all behind her mother's back. It wasn't until her Aunt called the police did her mother find out. More things happened; when she got angry she shoved her friends against the wall knocking them out, when she was happy things would fly around. Everywhere she went she was hated and feared. And sadly, even here in the mansion she was feeling that way. She was one of the few adults, and she didn't feel like she belonged. This caused her to suffer depression, and with her nightmares, suicidal.
Charles felt a tear escape his eye. "Taylor. . ."
"Get out of my head." she growled. She turned back to the roof, preparing to jump.
"It wasn't your fault!" Charles yelled desperately, taking more steps towards her. "Those incidents were not your fault."
"Shut up," she whispered, "it was."
"No it wasn't."
"Yes it was!"
"It's not your fault! All of this is not your fault!"
"Yes it was!" She fell to her knees, hands covering her ears. "They're all my fault!"
"It's not your fault." he told her again. It started to become a mantra to him, telling her it wasn't her fault. While doing so, he started edging towards her. When he reached her, she was sobbing into her hands, her thoughts screaming defeat.
"It's going to be okay." Charles whispered to her, wrapping his arms around her. "It's going to be okay. There's always someone here to care for you, Taylor. I just so happened to be that person."
"Why?" she whispered, looking up at him through teary eyes. "Why are you being so kind to me?"
"No one deserves to feel this way." Charles murmured. "There's always one person out there in the world to care for you. Always. I care about you, Taylor. You came to this academy for a reason, darling. You want to control your powers, and you want to feel accepted. I can help you, Taylor. Just let me in."
"I'm sorry." she whispered, staring down at her lap. Charles just held her tighter, planting a kiss to her temple.
"I will help you in this," he promised her. "I'm going to be at your side, okay?"
"Okay." They slowly stood up, still holding on to each other.
"Also, thank you for not jumping. It would actually be a lot of work to get your remains." he joked weakly. It made her laugh, though, so it was okay. It was progress.

The End