Spencer Reid

Inspired by Sherlock Holmes, 'The Study in Pink'. . .

The Girlfriend
Doctor Spencer Reid stood in front of the board with all of the information on the case, still trying to find a connection to help them. It's been a week since they've accepted the case, and so far nothing had come up to help them. It was an interesting case; people were found dead at places you would least expect them to be at, all having taken the same pill that caused them to die. People in New York think that they committed suicide, unaware of the real truth that they were murders. However, with finding no evidence to prove their point, the police started to lose their confidence in the case.
   "I'm not sure if this should be investigated." Frank Bobs said, the detective that had requested the BAU team. "We haven't found any evidence."
   "We will find them." Jennifer Jareau assured him, her being also known as 'JJ'. "We'll find the evidence."
   "It's been a week." Frank said. "We still don't have anything."
   "Don't worry, Detective Bobs, we'll have them caught soon." Aaron Hotchner 'Hotch' told him.
   "We need all the help we could get." David Rossi mused from his spot at the table in the conference room they were residing in.
   Reid immediately came up with an idea, his head snapping up in realisation. Everyone stared at him curiously. "You got something, Reid?" Derek Morgan asked him.
   "Kind of. . ." Reid admitted, grabbing out his phone. "I might know someone that can help us."
   "Really?" Emily Prentiss asked him. "It's not like you to know some people outside of your job."
   "I know." Reid agreed. "But we met when we were on a case back in 2005."
   "Really?" JJ looked at him curiously.
   "Yeah." Reid nodded, looking through his contacts. He immediately saw the name he wanted and clicked on it to call the person. "I found Holmes hitting a dead corpse for an experiment." Looks of bewilderment came from everyone in the room. Rossi then realised something.
   "Holmes? As in, Sherlock Holmes?"
   Before Reid could answer, the phone was answered. "Doctor Spencer Reid." the voice greeted him. "Long time no see."
   "It's only been a week, Holmes." Reid teased. "Not really that long."
   "You know well that seven days is really a long time."
   "When was the last time you met with the guy?" Prentiss asked him curiously. Obviously Reid didn't answer, already telling his friend the details of the case.
   "So will you help?" Reid asked hopefully.
   "I'll meet you at the next crime scene in thirty minutes."
   "Next crime scene?" Reid wondered. Everyone stared at him shocked. "What do you mean next crime scene?"
   "You do know that I listen to the police radio when I am bored, right? I just heard on the radio another death -"
   "Uh, Sir!" a policeman entered the room with a knock. "There's been another body!"
   "I'll meet you there." Reid mumbled into the phone, him and the team and the Detective already making their way to the crime scene.
   "How did your friend know about the next crime scene?" Hotch asked him suspiciously.
   "Holmes hacks into the police radio when bored." was all Reid said.

***

They pulled up in front of an abandoned apartment building, the forensics already at the scene taking photos and gathering evidence. Detective Frank Bobs was handed a small file on the latest victim. "Victoria Heart, age thirty-five." Detective said out loud while leading the BAU team into the apartment building. "She was supposedly to be at a business meeting this morning but never came. A group of kids found her here when they were fooling around."
   They walked three flight of stairs and came to the first door in the right where the forensics were walking out of the room with their equipment, already done. They all piled into the room and started profiling the area, looking for some clues. Apart from the fact that the woman was dressed in a lot of pink, there was no evidence found - until JJ noticed something on the wooden floor.
   "Guys," JJ called to them, not tearing her gaze from the ground, "check this out."
   They all crowded around her and looked at what she was staring. There was a word carved into the wooden floor by the victim, who's hand was still outstretched near the word.