Spencer Reid - Part I

Inspired by BBC Sherlock. . .

The Consulting Detective - Part I
"Got anything?" Rossi walked into the room.
   "Nothing. . ." Reid sighed, leaning on the edge of the table, biting his lip in thought. He was staring at the evidence board, trying to find a connection. Someone out there was killing men with brown hair and brown eyes. Ages in their early twenties, and are good-looking. There's no evidence laying around at the crime scenes, so it was clean. Evidently a woman. That was all they got.
   "We need to find something." Morgan said, walking into the room. "Fast."
   "This is frustrating!" JJ groaned. "Why can't we find anything?"
   "This is the fourth murder." Prentiss said, glancing down at her watch. "Almost fifth if we don't figure something out."
   "Come on, kid." Morgan encouraged Reid. "Can't you find anything?"
   Hotch walked into the room, having finished the conversation with Garcia on the phone. "Garcia's got nothing." Hotch told them. "Still stuck."
   "Okay, what do we have?" JJ asked them.
   "Female, someone in their early twenties to handle a man that age." Reid listed off.
   "A fit woman." Morgan added.
   "A lot of rage in the stabbing, a surrogate for the actual person." JJ added.
   "We spoke with all the victim's relatives, and they're all clean." Rossi said.
   "What are we missing?" Hotch wondered. Suddenly there was a commotion outside of the room the New York police allowed them to use. There was a lot of loud yelling and swearing, a few things breaking. "What's going on?"
   "No, Wellington -" the detective that called the BAU in could be heard.
   "Let me help! Come on, I am bored and I can do this in a flash! Evidently the people you asked for help isn't doing good." a woman's voice came.
   "What did she just say?" Morgan asked angrily. Hotch went to the door and opened it to interrupt them, only to be shoved aside by a woman, who then shoved Reid aside to face the evidence board. "Hey, what the hell, man!" Morgan yelled, miffed that someone had insulted them and barged into their room to look at their evidence. He went to the woman to grab her, only for her to say something that left the team quiet.
   "It was the first victim's fiancée." she had mumbled. They stared at her shocked. The detective that brought them in the case came into the room puffing.
   "I'm sorry -" he puffed out, "I tried to get her -"
   "No-no, it's okay." Reid said absently, not only thinking about what the woman revealed, but was also in awe at her beauty. Her black hair that had red streaks was in a messy bun, her face clean of makeup but still looking flawless, also wearing a blue blouse and skinny jeans, to top it off with converse shoes. When the woman turned to him at what he said, he noticed her eyes were a startling blue. It left him hypnotised. But then she started speaking. . .
   "It's kind of obvious, isn't it? It's obvious by. . ." Reid compared her voice to a singer's. Her voice was low in the alto section, sultry and alluring. Reid was pulled out of his daze by Prentiss.
   "Oh my God!" Prentiss had exclaimed. "She's right!"
   "Of course I am." the woman said smugly. Reid snapped out of his daze.
   "W-what?" Reid stammered. "I-I wasn't paying attention."
   The team sent him suspicious looks, the girls in the group sharing a knowing look with a smirk.
   "We'll explain later." Morgan said. "We got a killer to catch."

***

"Is this love in the air I am seeing?" JJ teased when they were in the car. Reid stared at her confused.
   "What do you mean?"
   "You and Consulting Detective." Morgan clarified with a smirk. "We saw the way you looked at her. You were hypnotised by her looks and didn't pay attention at all to the profile she gave us."
   "I was -" Reid faltered at the look the two gave him, spotting his lie immediately. "It wouldn't work anyway." he sighed. "You can tell immediately that she is married to her work."
   "But you can change it." JJ encouraged him.
   Reid looked out the window with pursed lips. "I doubt it."