Charles Xavier

The CIA Agent
Charles and Alex were talking with Moira McTaggert (who does not remember either of them) when the door was opened suddenly, a voice ringing through.
   "Hey, Moira! I just got your message. What were you saying about Cairo -?" the woman stopped when she noticed the company. "Er, hey." she greeted awkwardly. Alex turned to Charles with an amused smile, only to blink quickly to see if his eyes were deceiving him.

But they weren't.

Charles sat beside him, eyes wide in awe, mouth agape while he was at it. He was entranced at the sight of the lady. Man, he moves on fast, Alex thought. And luckily, Charles didn't hear it since he was too busy staring at the woman.
   The woman; she was around the same age as Charles; raven dark hair, bright piercing blue eyes, skin pale flawlessly, lips red and plump. She wore a white blouse with a pencil skirt that clung to her slim body like second skin.
    "I'm Alex Summers." Charles snapped out of his daze when his friend spoke. "This is -"
   "Professor Charles Xavier." she cut him off, staring at the professor with lips quirked in a smile. "I know."
   "You do?" Charles asked quickly.
   "Of course." she scoffed. "Moira is obsessed with your work. Always ranting to me about your thesis and all."
   "Oh," he looked away to hide his disappointment, "well, I'm glad I won't have to explain to you about myself."
   "Guess that just leaves me," she walked over to them and held a hand out, "I'm Agent Lilly Waters. I'm partners with Moira in the CIA."
   "It is lovely to meet you." Charles smiled.
   "Anyway, what was it about Cairo?" Lilly turned to Moira. But Moira didn't reply, looking at Charles and Alex warily.
   "Um, this kind of information is confidential." Moira told the men. Charles merely chuckled in response.
   "We have level five clearance."

***

They arrived at Xavier mansion, the two women gaping in awe at the beauty of the home. "This is amazing!" Lilly gasped.
   "I've only seen it in photos but coming here. . ." Moira tilted her head in curiosity. "It feels kind of familiar. . ."
   "Er, yes indeed." Charles looked to Alex nervously. "Let's get going, shall we?"

***

"Well," Lilly walked up to him with a smirk, "you look well." Charles tore his eyes away from the kids training lesson, a smile crossing his face when he saw her. "That's good. After that Apocalypse dude. . ."
   "I am well." Charles smiled at her. "Sad about my hair though. . ."
   "Yeah, that's a shame." she placed a hand on his bald head. "It was lovely hair."
   "Well," he shrugged, "we must sacrifice some things to do what's right."
   "Very true." Lilly smiled. She turned to the room Charles was looking at earlier to see Raven giving them a talk. "She's staying?"
   "Yes." Charles smiled at the fact that Raven was staying. "The kids need someone like her to train them." He turned to her again. "Listen. . .I was thinking that maybe. . ."
   "Sure."
   "What?" Charles released a small confused chuckle, staring at her with furrowed brows. "I didn't -"
   "Finish?" Lilly finished. "I know. But I know what you were going to say." She for once looked shy in front of Charles, shuffling in her spot awkwardly. "You were going to ask me out."
   "That obvious?" Charles looked sheepish.
   "I don't have to be a mind reader to know."
   "Well," he gently took her hands in his, "will you?"
   "Sure." Lilly grinned, slowly backing away from him. "I'll meet you here at seven?"
   "It's a date." Charles confirmed.

***

Everyone cheered for the newlyweds, throwing white petals at them as they walked down the aisle in the yard of the mansion. Charles (who took the serum to make him walk) walked down the aisle with his wife, Lilly, smiling widely that was similar to Lilly's. Everyone was there; Raven, Moira, Erik, Peter - the whole school. Everyone was cheering and whooping, all making their way to the tents that was going to hold the reception. It was a year later after Apocalypse did they get married. Charles was greatly surprised when Lilly still stuck to him, despite the fact that he couldn't do much for her. But, she stayed, still loving him. Just like how he still loved her after all this time - even when she had to leave a number of times because of her job as an Agent.
   "Well, this is it, Mrs Xavier." Charles smiled down at Lilly. "Our happy ending."
   "Happy ending?" she tilted her head at him with a smirk. "It's only just starting, Professor Xavier."
   And she was right, because the next thing they knew. . .

A baby came to the world nine months later.

The End