Spencer Reid

The Bartender
The team all gathered at a bar from a long case, letting loose and having fun. They all invited their partners; Will, Savannah. . .everyone was having fun.
   They were all joking around at their booth, teasing Reid and his relationship status. "Come on Reid!" Morgan encouraged. "Go get loose! Get laid! Find a girl!"
   "I'm perfectly fine with what I have -"
   "Come on, you've been single enough." Garcia interrupted. "Have a one-night stand!"
   "How about that bartender over there?" Rossi pointed to the attractive woman behind the bar. "She's given a few glanced your way. I'm pretty sure she wants to be with you." Reid took a drink to hide his smirk. Oh only if they knew. . .

He got an idea.

Very subtly, he grabbed out his phone and started writing a text. When sent, he tucked his phone back in his pocket again with a smug smirk. He quickly drank the rest of his red wine, standing up. "I'm going to get some more drink." he told them. They all have him suggestive looks.
   "Go get 'er!" Garcia called behind him, the others laughing at her remark. Reid rolled his eyes at his friend's humour and got the woman's attention.
   "One beer please." he told her politely.
   "Anything for you, cutie." she winked, going off to grab his drink. Reid casually glanced behind him and saw his friends talking while every once in a while glancing his way. His plan was going according to plan.
   He turned back to the bar when he heard the sound of something being placed on the bar. "There you go." she told him, giving him another wink, leaning on the bar towards him. Reid followed her movements, leaning forward as well, their noses almost touching. "How do you want it?" she asked him lowly. "Surprise attack? Go to your booth, or just kiss you right now - or both?"
   "Hang on, I have an idea." Reid motioned for her to come closer, bringing his mouth to her ear to whisper the plan.

***

"Oh my God!" Garcia said over the loud music. "Our genius is growing up!"
   They all simultaneously turned to Reid's direction, spotting him whisper something into the bartender's ear. They gave each other surprised looks. "Wow. . ." Rossi whistled lowly. "I didn't know he was actually gonna go and do it."
   "That kid is full of surprises." Hotch shook his head with a small smile. They watched as they pulled away, the bartender lady giving Reid a flirtatious smirk, kissing him on the cheek.
   "Now what was that?" Morgan gave Reid a wolfish grin. Reid blushed madly at their whoops and calls, sitting back at his seat.
   "It's nothing." he waved off.
   "Like hell it was nothing." Will chuckled.

***

The night went by, and Reid and the bartender lady seem to be going somewhere in their 'fling'. Everyone didn't expect to see this 'playboy' side of Reid's. They would see them send each other flirtatious looks and winks, and the one time she came to grab their empty cups, she moved way too close to Reid, who was greatly occupied with what she had - and when I mean that, I mean the 'chest area'.
   "Alright, I am knackered." Rossi stood up, glancing at his watch. "Gotta go before I make my hangover anymore worse."
   "Yeah, I guess we should go." JJ agreed, Will following close behind. Just before they could leave, the bartender came by again.
   "You guys had fun?" she asked them, specifically to Reid. She had an empty tray ready to grab their drinks. He gave her a smirk, standing up so then his figure loomed over her short figure.
   "We sure did." Morgan smirked. "Especially Reid over here."
   "Yes," Reid agreed, "we had fun."
   "Well you guys deserve it," she laughed, "solving a hard case and all."
   "Yeah," Prentiss agreed, "it was stressing - wait, how do you -?"
   "I finish my shift in five minutes." the bartender told Reid, "I'll meet you in the car in a few."
   "I'll wait for you." he promised. And the next thing they knew, Reid swooped down and planted a kiss on the bartender's lips. They all stood there gaping at them. Garcia was slapping Morgan's arm excitedly, though mostly in shock.
   "Well you get there fast." Rossi said out loud.
   "I don't see the problem." Reid shrugged innocently. "She is my girlfriend."
   "Whoa, what!" the girls exclaimed, the men quiet in shock.
   "That fast?" Morgan choked out. "Damn Reid, I didn't know you had that in you."
   "Actually," the bartender spoke up, looking shy and sheepish for the first time that night, "Spencer and I have been girlfriend and boyfriend for almost a year."
   "What!" they all said.
   "Almost a year?" Garcia shrieked. "You kept that from me?" she scolded Reid. "Why?"
   "I wanted it to be a secret for a while before you all interrogate her making sure she's the one." Reid admitted. "But I can assure you all -" he brought his girlfriend into his arms, holding her to his side. "-she's perfect. She's working here to pay off her university."
   "Oh really?" Hotch looked at her curiously. "What for?"
  "Uh, I'm studying in Arts and Music." she said shyly. "One of the top students."
   "Wow!" Garcia beamed. "You're like a genius, except in Music and Art!"
   "Oh she's amazing!" Reid bragged. "She did a self-portrait of me!"
   "As much as I would love to stay and get to know you, we really have to go." JJ said, glancing down at her phone worried. "Babysitter just texted me. Henry isn't feeling well."
   "Well, we'll let you go then." the bartender agreed. "I got to quickly finish up my shift."
   "Hey - before you leave, what's your name?" Prentiss asked curiously. "We never got your name."
   "Oh! My name is Becca." she smiled.

***

A couple of weeks later. . .
"Yeah, I'm at the bullpen now, all safe." Reid said into the phone, making his way to his desk. He absently waved to the others that were in the kitchen, too busy on the phone. "Yeah, I have everything with me, no need to worry. . .no, I came in time. Don't worry, I'll be fine and safe. . .okay, I'll talk to you later. Love you too."
   "Well what was that?" Garcia grinned. "Was that our favourite bartender?"
   "Yeah, ever since I got shot in the arm -even though it was just a graze- she's been really worried for me, making me call her whenever I arrive to my destination or something." Reid laughed, staring down at his phone fondly.
   "You really love this girl, hey." Morgan said softly, happy to see his friend happy.
   "Yeah," he agreed, "I-I'm actually planning to ask her to marry me."
   "Really?" JJ exclaimed, excitement lacing in her voice. "Oh my God, our little Spence is growing up!"
   For the rest of the day, the team teased Reid and cooed over him, but not once did he get annoyed -okay, maybe a little- but he didn't care; he was glad that his team finally knew about his relationship. And for once in his life, Spencer Reid felt happy and at peace.

The End