Loki Laufeyson - Part II

The Secret Village - Part II
Loki had never smiled or laughed so much in one day until that night at the feast. He had so much fun with the people, celebrating Aurora's mother's birthday. She had smiled at him lovingly, placing a motherly kiss onto his forehead.
   Loki decided to take a break from dancing with the villagers, sitting on a nearby bench. He watched with a wide smile as Aurora danced with everyone, her laughter filling the air with the music. It sounded wonderful in his ears - something he wouldn't mind listening to for the rest of his life. Aurora's mother sat beside him.
   "Ah, my lovely daughter Aurora." she grinned, smiling in her daughter's direction fondly. "Always brightening people with her smile and laughter. No one can hate her because of how pure and kind and selfless she is."
   "Yes," Loki agreed, smiling at her, "you and your husband raised her well."
   "Thank you." she smiled, both of them falling into silence, just listening and watching everyone have fun. "Why not tell her yet?"
   "Tell her what?"
   "That you have feelings for her."
   "What?" Loki stared at her in shock. In response, she gave him a look.
   "I'm not stupid, I know when a boy loves my girl. She receives those looks almost everyday."
   "Really?" A surge of jealously went through his veins.
   "Really," she confirmed, "but you know how that father of her's. Very strict and protective. Can break your bones in seconds. That's how much he loves his daughter."
   "Another reason why I wouldn't tell her." Loki replied absently, only for his eyes to widen when he realised he just confessed his feelings for Aurora. Aurora's mother cried in victory.
   "I knew it!" she declared. "I knew it!"
   "Please don't tell her or your husband!" Loki pleaded immediately. "Please, Cynthia!"
   "I won't, I won't." she assured him with a warm smile. "But if you don't tell her soon enough, I will."
   "Wha-no!"
   "Loki Odinson you will do as I say for it is my birthday and I already see you as my son." she said sternly. She nodded to Aurora. "Go. Tell her as my birthday gift."
   "But I already got you -"
   "Go or else I will tell her father first."
   "Okay, okay, I'm going." Loki stood up shakily from the bench, making slow steps towards the bright and happy Aurora. Sending one last look of help in Cynthia's direction, he made his way to her.
   "Loki!" she grinned, enveloping him into a hug immediately. "Come, dance with me!"
   "Actually, I have something to tell you -"
   "And you can tell me after we dance." she declared, pulling him into the circle of dance.
   Cynthia shook her head at her daughter's actions, sighing in exasperation. "Silly girl. . ."
   "Who, our dear daughter?" her husband sat beside her, planting a small kiss to her temple. "Why's that?"
   "Loki," she nodded to the said man, watching as he smiled adoringly at Aurora, "he's trying to tell his feelings to her but she isn't making it easy for him."
   "About time he confesses his feelings to her." he huffed. "Who knows how long she's been waiting for him to tell her." Sure, Aurora's father is strict and protective, but what Cynthia didn't tell Loki was that Aurora's father approved of him years ago.

***

They walked in the dark forest after their dance, the only light source being Loki's magic. Loki had conjured up an orb to brighten up their path. They were talking about random stuff to each other, laughing and having fun like they usually do. It wasn't until they reached a lonely pond did Loki decide to tell his feelings to her.
   "Aurora. . ." Loki faced her, clasping his hands in hers. He made sure he had all her attention, his emerald green eyes staring into her deep brown eyes. "Aurora, there's something I need to tell you." He took a deep breath in, and released it slowly. "Aurora, I lo-"

"Loki!"

Loki flinched, his back turning to Aurora's, hands out protectively on instinct. He relaxed his stance when he realised it was Thor, and glared at him.
   Thor trampled his way into the clearing while getting his cape caught on some twigs, staring at Loki with a wide smile. "Loki!" Thor boomed. "What in Valhalla are you doing out here? And who is this pretty maiden?"
   "Thor," Loki sighed frustrated, rubbing his face in exasperation, "did you follow me here?"
   "Of course not!" Loki scoffed. "I used my tracking skills to find you after the feast that you missed just to be with some, girl."
   "Take care of how you speak about her, brother," Loki hissed, taking a step forward, "for she is right here and I care deeply about her."
   "Oh. . ." Thor realised. "You were going to tell her your feelings for her. I see it now. . ."
   "What?" Aurora stared at Loki in shock.
   "Thor!" Loki exclaimed. Thor smiled sheepishly. "You imbecile!"
   "Sorry." Thor scratched the back of his head awkwardly. "I'll just. . .go. . ."

***

The next day, Loki walked into the dining hall late, sitting beside Thor with a tired sigh. Thor stared at him expectantly. "Well?"
   "Well what?" Loki replied.
   "Did you tell her?"
   "Tell who what?"
   "Loki," Thor gave him a look, "did you tell that maiden of yours that you love her?" Thor never found out if Loki confessed to the woman, having to leave to give them privacy. When Loki arrived back in the palace, Loki simply ignored him and went into his room. He wasn't sure if Loki's expression was good or bad because it was unreadable for Thor.
   Loki looked down at his plate with pursed lips, fighting back a wide smile. "She. . ." Loki couldn't speak without smiling widely so he did just that. "She returns them, brother. She loves me back."
   "Really?" Thor roughly patted him on the back. "Congratulations, Loki! So when can I meet her? Where did she even come from?"
   "Who, where, what?" Fandral sat across from them with a grin, their other friends following closely. "What is happening, my friends?"
   "Loki has himself a maiden."
   "Really?" Volstagg glanced up from looking at the breakfast buffet. "Congrats, my friend!"
   "Where is she from?" Sif asked curiously. "I wonder who can handle the God of Mischief."
   "Oh my dear friend," Loki smirked, "she is far worse than me."
   "Figures." Sif pursed her lips.
   "Well, tell us about her!" Fandral encouraged.
   "Alright, alright." Loki gave in. And so, that whole day Loki explained to his brother and friends when he found the village, when he met her, and what had happened during the years. They were amazed that all these years he had hid something giant like that from them.
   "Fascinating. . ." Hogan murmured. "A village deep in the forest where bilgensnipes roam around."
   "Indeed," Loki nodded, "it amazes me how they hide from all the danger."
   "Are you going to tell your parents?" Fandral asked them. "You know, with betrothals and all. . ."
   "I don't know." Loki murmured worriedly. "I know Odin wouldn't approve of me falling for someone of no royalty or nobility."
   "We'll meet that path when it comes." Thor assured him. "But for now, we celebrate!"
   So for the rest of the day, the six hung out and had their own celebration by going to a pub and playing sports. And instead of leaving early to go to the secret village, Loki brought all of them and introduced them to the village, and his lover.

The End