Happy Birthday!

---Seth's POV---

Her breathing started to return to normal, her heart beat was starting to become stronger, she started to get feeling back in her body, and her bones were healing. I never left her side. I denied any food or water they offered. I knew she was getting better. I haven’t slept since the day of the fight. If I take my eyes off of her for one second, something could happen, and I wouldn’t be able to save her. Night and day, I watched her sleep, laugh, talk, frown, but most importantly, smile. The smile I fell for since day 1. The smile that makes me melt, every time I see it. The smile that sends shivers down my spine. The smile that was real, and I knew she was okay. 

5 days and she finally left the Cullen’s house. She was back on her bed, in her room, in her house. She felt safer. I started eating again because that’s all she wants me to do now. She’s trying to make me fat now, I swear. I was downstairs eating with Kwoli and Kole. I didn’t trust Kole one bit. Every time I was near him, I would tense up. Every time he was near Kaya, I was always ready just in case he did something to her. I wouldn’t let him see her without me being there. I wouldn’t allow it. How can you trust your son again after he tried killing his own family? Every time I thought about that question, I started to get more and more mad. I knew Kwoli was reading my mind, so I looked at him. I looked into his eyes that told me to calm down. I had the urge to fight back, but didn’t because I knew Kaya wouldn’t like that. Kaya, she’s safe, she’s alive, she’s fine, she’s here forever. SHIT! I thought. I looked at Kwoli and immediately ran up to Kaya’s room. She was sitting there, reading.

Me: HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYA!

Kwoli: uh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ATEH!

Kaya: I knew you guys forgot.

Me&Kwoli: we didn’t forget….

Kaya: yeah, you guys did.

Me: what makes you think that?

Kaya: My birthday is the 19th, not the 9th.

Kwoli: I KNEW IT. AH, YOU MADE ME LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT SETH!

Me: sorry, I thought it was the 19th… All I knew was it had a 9 in it… sorry babe, didn’t mean for it to be like that, like I forgot.

She came up to me and kissed my cheek, ‘Don’t worry Seth. Happy birthday babe.’ My eyes widened at her comment. It’s my birthday? How did I forget? 9th. 19th. We were only 10 days apart! I forgot! Oh shit…. I forgot my own birthday.

Me: YOU REMEMBERED!

Kaya: yeah, but you didn’t.

Me: yeah, my mind has been around, so I didn’t really think about my birthday. So, what do you want to do today beautiful?

Kaya: what do you have in mind, birthday boy?

Me: You. Me. The Pack. Beach. Cliff Diving. 1 hour. Be there.

Kaya: deal. You should go home, I bet your mom and Leah is waiting to greet you. Go on, you’ll get your present later!

Me: I already got my present!

I smiled, wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her lips. She pulled away 2 seconds later, and looked to her left. Oh shit. Kwoli and Kole were watching. Kwoli was pretend gagging while Kole gave me a glare.

Kole: can I talk to you Seth?

Me: I guess.

We went downstairs and outside. He leaned against a pole and finally spoke,

Kole: Seth, I need to talk to you about something.

Me: What?!

Kole: I know you don’t like me here. I’m sorry.

Me: sorry isn’t going to make me trust you! How could you almost kill your own family?

Kole: you don’t understand. I was forced. But I had the power to stop myself because I tried. Look, I know you think I’m a bad person, but I’m not! It’s not like I wanted to help them, they held me captive in a dungeon. I need you to trust me Seth!

Me: WHY SHOULD I?

Kole: My mom, my brothers, and my baby sister like me and are almost there to trusting me. Everyone but Kaya. I know you imprinted on her,

Me: SO WHAT?

Kole: that means, she won’t trust me, until you trust me. If you think something is wrong with me, than she will too and she’ll start doubting me. I need to have my sister trust me again. I never wanted to hurt her. You know how I was here a couple nights ago, watching outside her window? Then at the bonfire, she had a pain attack because of her vision? When I jumped in front of her during the first? Outside her window, I was being forced to take her while she was sleeping, but I fought the urge of taking her. She didn’t deserve that life I had. When she had that pain attack, I knew she felt the pain, that’s why I surrendered. But I was never going to kill her. When I saw her being tortured by Jane, the night of the fight, I couldn’t stand seeing her in pain. She means the world to me. I will do any thing, I mean ANYTHING, to earn Kaya and your trust. Just give me a chance.

I stood there, shocked that he said that. He really does care about Kaya. He didn’t mean to do all that stuff, he was being manipulated by the leeches. It won’t hurt trying, right? I mean, it will take time to trust him, but I know Kaya misses him. I sighed and just nodded, ‘I guess. But to earn my trust, you have to TRY and earn her trust before I approve.’ ‘What are you, her father?’ he said. I growled at him when he walked back into the house.