Family. First.

--My POV—

I went on a secret patrol to keep my mind off of Seth, my family, the pack, and the fight. I needed something to clear my mind, but nothing seems to work. The only thing I can do is sleep, but I have nowhere to go. I’m not safe alone. The only place I knew I could go was near Seth’s house. Everyone knows it’s safe around there. I started to pace back near Seth’s house. I phased and looked through his window. He was sound asleep. I shouldn’t. But it’ll take everything out of your mind if you do. I lied down near a tree and turned it on. I watched Seth’s whole dream. It was like the first day I imprinted on the love of my life. He was in my position when he first saw her. ‘Seth, do you believe in love at first sight?’ Kayla asked. I knew she was a coyote. I can tell by the way she looks and acts. She was beautiful, and you knew it too because Seth was so hypnotized by her beauty. She imprinted on him. I woke up the second Leah woke up Seth. Is this true? Is this what’s going to happen if I die? He’s going to meet a similar girl, just like me? Is she real? Was that real? It felt like it was real. NO. THAT’S NOT IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW. YOU HAVE AN HOUR AND A HALF TO GET READY. Right! So much to do before midnight. Secret patrol by myself to check up on every member of the pack, get a plan ready for tonight, go to the cliff before midnight to prepare, and possibly, get ready to sacrifice. I got up and phased into a wolf. I ran to everyone’s house to check up on them, making sure they were all fine. Embry and Quil, check. Paul and Jared, check. Sam and Emily, check. Collin and Brady, check. Jacob and Billy, check. I knew Seth and Leah were fine. Last but not least, the Hunt residence. I phased back and walked towards the window quietly and smoothly, so no one will hear me or see me. I saw them eating at the dinner table. Mom, Kiona, Kola, but where’s Kwoli? He was probably in his room resting. I looked through his bedroom window, and nothing. I walked back to the kitchen window and he still wasn’t there. Where was he? Then I jumped almost in complete shock.

Kwoli: looking for someone?

Me: CRAP KWOLI. YOU SCARED ME. I could’ve had a heartattack!*I whispered *

Kwoli: sorry I didn’t mean to. Where have you been?

Me: around.

Kwoli: what are you doing here?

Me: checking up.

Kwoli: Same old Kaya. Still responsible and loyal, even if she is in great danger.

Me: what are you doing out here? Needed fresh air to calm yourself down because of the fight?

Kwoli: nope.

Me: Training for the fight?

Kwoli: nope.

Me: then what?

Kwoli: I saw you coming from Jake’s house.

Me: you saw me? CRAP! That means I wasn’t as careful as I thought.

Kwoli: no, you were. It took me awhile to try and visualize you around. I knew you didn’t really leave. You were around still, I felt it in my gut.

Me: okay, go back inside before,

Kola: KAYA!

He yells and runs and hugs me.

Mom: what are you doing here? Where have you been? Are you okay? Is everyone safe?

Me: I’m fine mom. I’m doing my last look out before tonight. I’m sorry I ran off like that guys. I just, I had to think about this and just take it in. Everyone is safe, they are all at home, getting ready. Kwoli, I want you to stay out of the fight. Please, it will give me a piece of mind. And if we are too close to Kole while hiding, he will read your mind.

Kwoli: NO. I’M NOT GOING TO STAY OUT OF THE FIGHT. I’M GOING TO FIGHT WITH YOU. WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, I’M GOING TO BE THERE. You may be loyal to everyone around you, so am I, but I’m also here to protect you Kaya. You are one of the people I want to stay loyal to. I can’t lose you. Not after losing dad and Kole.

I know what he was going through. If I were in his position, I would be doing the same. If I were in everyone’s position, I would be doing the same too. They only want to protect me. I felt pain in Kwoli’s eyes. I grabbed him and embraced him in my arms. He started to cry but me, I couldn’t cry. Crying in front of my brothers to me is a sign of weakness. They have to know I’m strong, because when they know I’m strong, they know they can be strong too. Once I become weak, they think they’ll become weak too. I released from him and said,

Me: okay, okay. You are going to fight along with me. Are you sure you are ready to fight? Especially against Kole, our brother? You really looked up to him. Are you ready to fight till death against him with me?

He nodded and in his eyes, I saw confidence.

Kwoli: I don’t care if I use to look up to him. I USE to look up to him. Do you know who I look up to now? Kaya, I look up to you, Seth, and the rest of the pack. You guys are the reason why I love being here. But if you aren’t here, nothing will ever be the same.

Kola: can I fight too?

Me: no Jolon. You are still too young for this. You are most definitely staying out of the fight.

Jolon: BUT ATEH, I WANT TO HELP!

Me: you want to help? During the fight, at Sam’s house, I want you to protect Emily, Kiona, and the rest of the imprintees. Got that? You think you can handle it?

He nodded and jumped in excitement. I know in the future, he’s going to be ready with anything that hits him. He’s going to be strong, loyal, and committed to anything and anyone he puts his mind to. Reason 1 to fight and not sacrifice: to watch Kwoli, Kola, and Kiona grow up.

Mom: I’ll be right there with you honey. You are not going to fight alone. I know he’s my son, but when they brainwashed him, he was dishonored from the family. But I’ll always love him. We’ll always love him,

Me: Forever…

Mom: promise me something Kaya.

Me: anything.

Mom: promise me you’ll be safe. I’ll be broken in many places if I, I mean we, lose you.

Reason 2 to fight and not sacrifice: help my mom through anything and everything. My mom is one of the best person to look up to. Let alone that she’s beautiful, she was intelligent, helpful, loyal, down to earth, and the strongest woman I know. Knowing what she went through, and what’s happening, she’s still calm about it and ready to fight, even if it is her son.

Me: I promise. You be safe too, mom. I have to go. Mom, don’t be in coyote form UNTIL you fight. Wait behind the trees a few yards behind me in human form. Then you’ll know what to jump in if I need it. Kwoli, be in wolf form tonight. Mind in ONLY wolves. I’ll be in wolf form also. Not letting Kole read my mind during the fight. He’ll know my weaknesses as a coyote. Kola, protect everyone else at Sam’s house with all your strength, speed, and heart. I love you guys, and never forget that.

Kola: why are you telling this now? Aren’t we going to see you after the fight?

Me: just keep that in mind, okay Kola?

I hugged each and every one of them. I looked into Kiona’s eyes, and I felt fear. I know she knows that she’s in danger. Reason 1 to sacrifice and not fight: keep Kiona safe. Once I die, they will lay off the family. I ran towards the forest, and before I entered, I turned back one more time to look at my family. Broken in many ways, broken individually, but strong together. I blew them one last kiss, and ran off. This. Is. It. I'm. Ready. 

(still kind of stuck on the fight. comment on what the fight should be like! need help! thanks! enjoiiii~~!1!~~'')