‘’Ben, please don’t leave me.’’ I hugged him tight, scared to let go off him. Since when had I turned so damn emotional? I was genuinely scared of the thought of Ben leaving me, I had somehow with a permanent damage have been able to cope up with my dad leaving me, but, I couldn’t just go through that twice.

‘’I wouldn’t.’’ He replied with sincerity and I sighed in relief, he unwrapped himself to help the guys who were glancing at us now and then, they had put up two mattress next to the bunk bed, ‘’where will we put the rest of the mattress?’’ I asked Bryan, whose response to my words was to snort, ‘’rest of the mattress?’’ All of them started laughing, but it was more of a frustrated laugh, ‘’Em, there are just two mattress.’’ Ian finally told me as Ben picked up the blankets from the cupboard and started drawing it out on the mattress quietly, I went up to help him and so did Ian.

‘’How will the four of us sleep in this?’’ I asked as we had made up the bed.

‘’we’ll snuggle.’’ Ian whispered to me, and a shiver ran through me as I remembered Ben had said the same thing. Ian and Ben were too similar for my liking, ‘’No way in hell are you sleeping next to her.’’ Ben told Ian from the other side of me and it was wise of Ian not to argue with Ben when his mood was like this.

‘’And so aren’t you, got that?’’ Bryan told Ben as he spread the blanket on Ashley, she was sleeping on the lower part of the bunk bed.

Ben glared at Bryan, ‘’Yeah he wouldn’t.’’ I said hurriedly, and squeezed his hand to keep him shut, Ben turned to glare at me, ‘’Why can’t I sleep next to you?’’ He grumbled as Ian snuggled inside our so-called bed and rolled off to a corner.

‘’It’s—

‘’For the sake of our sacred minds!’’ Came Ian’s muffled answer from the blanket as he cut me off. Ben let out a frustrated sigh but his face lightened a bit, ‘’your sacred mind? The only thing that’s sacred in your whole body is probably your toenail!’’ Ben replied as I removed all my shoe and socks and threw them underneath the bunk bed, Ashley started teasing me how comfortable she was on the bed and we started bickering and there near the mattress the brothers were getting on each other’s nerves.

‘’Shut up all of you! It’s two thirty at night!’’ Bryan shouted above all of us and we fell into silence looking at him, he looked very tired, bruised, even though the cuts and wounds were cleaned, and had a ‘don’t you dare mess with me’ look on his face, ‘’Ben go to bed! And you too Emily. Ash shut your mouth and sleep!’’ He paused for a second as I hurriedly got inside the made up bed and rolled off to the opposite side to Ian, Ashley stuck her tongue at Bryan and he chuckled in response, ‘’Ben, come on! Get in the bed.’’ Bryan sort of pleaded to Ben and he too came inside the mattress. No matter how smelly the blankets were, and I wasn’t even sure if it was wool or somebody’s hair but, it was nonetheless very warm and cozy, thank god, Ben wasn’t sleeping next to me.

Bryan settled beside me with a sigh, ‘’Goodnight everybody.’’ He shouted like a stern mother and all of us grumbled back in response.

‘’Kids!’’ A voice shouted.

‘’If you want to spend the day here too. I have no problem.’’ The shrill voice shouted again and I recognized it this time but, felt too tired to response. Somebody must have got up, as I felt the mattress move and then then the sound of metal, a few seconds later I heard the heels knocking over the stone floor.

‘’They look dead.’’ My mom commented in a lower voice this time, but unfortunately, I couldn’t fall asleep now, ‘’just tired. We are bailed out?’’ Returned the other voice, which was undoubtedly of Ben.