Chapter 21

Luke’s Point of View

          Calum pulls the car into the driveway and we look at each other. “Crap, I don’t know what to say” I say to Calum. “Well I suggest the first thing you do is say ‘Hi I’m Luke. Is Sydney here?’” that sounds like a good start. “Right” I nod before opening the door. “I’ll be in the car” Calum says before I shut the door and walk up to the front door of the house. I ring the doorbell and my hand is almost shaking with nervousness. A tall eighteen year old boy wearing a baseball sweatshirt opens the door. “Hi, I’m Luke. Is Sydney here?” I say just like Calum told me. He looked confused. “I just dropped Sydney off at the airport. Who are you again?” he says. “Airport?” I ask ignoring his question. He looks me up and down before replying. “Yeah, she will be leaving for London soon. How do you know Sydney and why are you here?” he asks. It wasn’t rude at all, more confused. “Luke Hemmings. It’s a long story. Thanks. Bye” I sputter before racing off to the car. “To the airport!” I yell at Calum. He gives me a questioning look before pulling out of the driveway.

Sydney’s Point of View

          After we finished our bathroom break they called the first class people. Maggie told me a little bit about her new home and the living arrangements before they called for business class. My excitement grew with every passing minute and it became a struggle to pay attention to the conversation. I mentally double checked everything I had packed and prayed that we would be leaving soon. Soon enough they called for us to board the plane. “This is it!” I say grabbing my stuff. We give each other excited nervous glances before making our way to board the plane. It was a pretty big flight so numerous people were trying to board at the same time and I was getting a little impatient. I’m so excited for London!

Calum’s Point of View

          We sped to the airport and raced inside. This will qualify as my workout for the day. Luke nearly tripped over this lady’s luggage but he kept going. He would have been good at track. We pass a sign for Ben and Jerry’s ice cream and I make a mental note to go there after this is all done with. “Calum come on!” Luke yells back to me. I speed up my pace and catch up to him. We stand in the back of a line in front of an information desk. Luke and I wait rather impatiently until we reach the front of the line. “Has the flight to London left yet?”

Sydney’s Point of View

          We make our way to our seats and I get the window seat and Maggie sits next to a man in his mid-thirties who is busy on his laptop. The stewardess is walking down the aisle making sure everything is stowed properly and everybody is prepared for takeoff. “Sir you are going to have to put that up for takeoff.” The stewardess says to the man on his laptop. He rolls his eyes before taking his sweet time putting his things away. “Hello everybody my name is Christy and I will be your pilot for today. Our air hostess Mindy will walk you through the safety procedures then we will begin our flight” a cheery female voice says throughout the plane. The airhostess, Mindy, takes us through the usual safety procedures such as our seats being flotation devices and how to put on the oxygen masks. “Alright, we will be preparing for takeoff from Sydney to London. We thank you for traveling with us and we hope you enjoy your flight.” The voice says through the speakers. This is it.