Chapter 20

Sydney’s Point of View

          I took one quick look at the trunk before closing it. “I think that’s everything” I say looking at my family. “Well I guess this is it” I say. “See you soon?” Vanna asks. “Of course” I say hugging her. “Stay out of trouble” My Dad says pulling me into a hug. “I’ll try” I reply. “Meet cute boys” Sabrina says. “Only if I don’t scare them off” I say hugging her. “I love you” my mother says pulling me into a tight hug. “Love you too” I say. “Bye!” I say as I open the car door. They all reply their goodbyes before I close the door. “To the airport!” I yell at

Ryan who offered to take Maggie and me there. “Yes ma’am” he says before pulling out of my driveway.

          The ride to the airport wasn’t too bad. Maggie and I gushed about all the crazy things we are going to do when we get to London and Ryan chimes in with some smart-alecky comments and friendly advice every once in a while. “Looks like you’re here” Ryan says. “Thanks Ry” Maggie says from the back seat. “I don’t know what I’m going to do without you two crazies around” he says as he opens the door and gives Maggie a hug. “You’ll be fine. Who knows you might even find a girlfriend without us two hanging around” Maggie says. “I highly doubt that” Ryan replies. “I wouldn’t be so sure of that, you’re a total catch as long as you keep your mouth shut” I say. He makes a face at me before pulling me into a hug. “Don’t be gone for too long or I may start to feel good about myself” he says while we unload the bags. We all laugh as we gather our things. “Don’t worry Ry, we’ll be back before you know it” I say giving him a quick peck on the cheek before walking into the airport. Maggie enters shortly after me. “We have a long process ahead of us” she says locking her arm in mine. “Yeah security is a butt” I reply.

Michael’s Point of View

          I looked out of the window as Ashton drove us back to our hotel. “I’m feeling good about his album” Ashton says drumming his thumbs on the steering wheel to the beat of the radio. “Me too. I think we should put Luke’s new song on there.” I say. “Yeah I think so too. Speaking of Romeo, have you talked to him recently?” Ashton asked. “Nope. Think we should call?” I suggest. “Yeah, put it on speaker” Ashton says as I call Luke. “Michael?” Luke says answering the phone. “And Ashton!” Ash blurts out. “Hey guys” Luke says and I can hear the smile in his voice. “So how’s the quest for Juliet going?” I ask. “Haven’t found her yet, but I have a major lead. So apparently her sister threw a party last night at a country club and we went there, but the people there wouldn’t give Cal and me any information so I created a diversion while Calum snuck into the members files and found the address of the member who booked the party. We are heading there now” Luke gushes. “Wow sounds like major progress. Well keep us updated and let us know when you find her” Ashton says. “Can do. How is the songwriting going?” he asks. “So far so good. I think we need to add your song to the album. You should talk to the label about that when you come up here” I say. “The new one? I think it might need some major work” Luke says. “Well we will see when you show it to the label” I reply. “Okay, well Cal and I have to go. We’re here. Wish us luck.” Luke says. “Good Luck!” Ash and I say at the same time before hanging up.

Sydney’s Point of View

          We had arrived at the airport very early in order to have time for security, but it went faster than we had expected, so Maggie and I just have to hang out in the terminal for a while. “Want some?” Maggie asked holding out a spoonful of mango ice cream out to me. “Thanks” I say before shoving the spoonful into my mouth. “Hey Maggie, how are things between you and Ryan?” I ask bluntly. “Good. We are just friends and it seems to be working out pretty well. I mean when we were together it was casual and on again off again, so no big deal. Besides we haven’t been together since what like ten months now. I think we have both moved on.” She explains. “So like no awkwardness at all?” I ask. “No awkwardness” she says smiling. “Wouldn’t it be great if all break ups were like that? Like nobody’s heart broke and everybody could just be friends.” I imagine. “Yeah it would be great. But it’s not like that for everybody” she says. “That’s life” I say before flipping through my phone. One new text. “Hey rumor has it that an attractive guy in town was asking about you ;) ~Bri” I was taken aback. What attractive guy was asking about me? “Who in the world did you hear that from, because I wouldn’t consider them a reliable source for gossip anymore ~ Syd” I text my sister back. “I’m going to go throw my trash away” Maggie says getting up. “Afterwards we should go to the bathroom. I really don’t want to have to go on the plane” I say. “Good thinking” she agrees. My mind suddenly brings up Luke, but he couldn’t be here in Australia asking for me. He’s Luke Hemmings for crying out loud! Still, I can’t help shake that fluttery feeling that it could even the slightest percent chance that it could be him.