Chapter 15

Luke’s Point of View

          I leave the stage with my boys and we are all soaked with the sweat of a well performed concert. “You guys killed it!” Niall says while running and jumping on Calum and I. “Ready for guys’ night?” Liam asks coming up to us. “So ready!” Michael says. “I’m going to get some if you know what I mean” he says winking. “Aw man!” Harry says clapping his hand on Michael’s shoulder. “Well you lads better wash up so we can go” Louis says ushering us farther backstage. “You did well though boys” Zayn calls after us as we rush off to shower and get ready.

          Harry does a head count and establishes that everybody is present. We split up transportation and head to the local night club. When you are famous you can get in to places fairly easily. There wasn’t much of a problem getting in and the club looked pretty rocking. “So Nialler how about we get us some drinks?” Ashton asks Niall. “Yeah, Luke, want to join?” he asks. I comply and follow them to the bar and we order our drinks. “So I think we need to pick out a lovely lady for mister down in the dumps.” Ashton says to Niall. “If you are talking about me, I’m not interested.” I say giving them a stern look. “Luke you’ve got to cheer up. How about that tall brunette over there?” Niall says pointing to a girl who looked like she had one drink too many. “No thanks” I say. “How about her over there with the fitted red dress?” Ashton says pointing to a short girl who appeared to have kicked off her shoes. “How about you guys go and get the ladies and I’ll just sit here and watch you work your magic from afar” I say. “You go Ashton. I’ll stay here with mopey” Niall says sending Ashton off after the girl in the red dress. “Niall you don’t have to stay” I say. “No I want to. I want to know who the girl is that has you acting this way” Niall says. “That obvious huh?” I say sighing. He nods and I proceed to tell him about Sydney.

Sydney’s Point of View

          When Jason’s parents heard Maggie was back in town they invited Jason’s three best friends me, Maggie, and Ryan out to a nice dinner with them. Maggie wore a dress with a sweetheart neckline that was black at the bust and then it flowed out into a pretty light blue. I wore a navy high-low dress that was cinched at the waist with a thin gold belt. Ryan wore the only suit he owns and the Coles, Jason’s family, looked put together as always. Mrs. Stacy wore a navy dress with pleats and the bust adorned with white birds. Mr. Greg and Jason’s brother, Jackson, both wore nice suits. Jackson’s girlfriend was also with them and she wore a red chiffon dress with an oversized bow on the bust. Jason’s family is loaded so they took us about an hour away to the nicest restaurant I’ve ever been to. Jason took me here for our one year anniversary. “Do you like the place?” Mrs. Stacy asked us. “Yes, it’s lovely. Jason took me here for our one year” I say taking a seat at the table. “Oh yes, I remember that.” She says smiling. “So Ryan, I hear you are still cashing in on that baseball scholarship.” Mr. Greg says. “Yes Sir and my parents couldn’t be any prouder.” Ryan says. “So are you two…?” Mrs. Stacey asks gesturing to Maggie and Ryan. “Oh no Ma’am. We are broken up for good, but still best friends.” Maggie says cheerfully. “Oh well it’s always good to still be friends after a break up” she replies. “So Jackson you have been dating Jessamine for quite some time now, right?” I ask. “About three years now” he replies looking at Jessamine. “And he has a new job” Jessamine adds. Mr. and Mrs. Cole’s faces drop and Jackson smirks. “I’m the new assistant manager at PJ’s Body Shop. If this works out well then maybe someday I will open my own place.” He says. “Now Jackson you said Jessamine just graduated medical school, is that right?” Mrs. Stacy asks. “Yes, so now I’ve begun to look for a job.” Jessamine replies politely. Jessamine was drop dead gorgeous and was brought up well. She is about the only decision of Jackson’s that the Coles approved of. Jackson has a habit of making bad decisions making him the least favorite out of him and Jason, but now that Jason is gone, Jackson is all the Coles have left. The dinner continued with small talk and catching up on new news. Dessert came and it was heavenly. “I have an announcement I would like to make.” Jackson says standing up. The whole table turns to look at him. “We have been dating for a long time now and I have fallen completely in love with you. Your father has already given me permission and now I need your permission. Jessamine Mary Clark will you do the honor of marrying me?” he asks as he gets down on one knee and pulls out a gorgeous ring. Tears well up in Jessamine’s eyes and she says a simple yes before throwing her arms around Jackson. Everything about them seems like they were meant for each other. I want somebody who is that right for me.