Chapter 13

Luke’s Point of View

          So after my meeting I had a couple of hours to chill before getting back to the venue before the show. I grabbed my guitar and went to the park for some fresh air to clear my head. The park was pretty and mostly empty except for a teenage couple and a few parents with small children. I found a nice shady tree to sit under. I took a few deep breaths and let my mind wander. Then my thoughts started to form into a song so I pulled out my songwriting notebook and guitar and let it flow. I remember the last time I saw your face. I feel so lonely without the crowded space. You left me without direction. I looked up from my songbook and saw a girl around the age of fifteen looking at me from across the park. We made eye contact and she quickly turned away. I focused my attention back on the song. I’ve gone from place to place trying to bring you back. I’ve gone for days and days ‘cause I can’t face the fact that nothing is better than you. I was pulled from my songwriting by the presence of somebody near me. I looked up to find that it was the same girl who I had seen looking at me. “Sorry to bother you, but you must be Luke Hemmings. I’m kind of a big fan” she says shyly. “I am. And you are?” I ask trying to be polite. “Mona.” She says holding out her hand to me. I shake it and she smiles at me. “So who is the girl in the song?” she asks as she takes a seat next to me. “Oh it’s just a song. I write songs all the time.” I say. “No it’s not. I can tell. I’ve been watching you write. There is definitely a girl.” She says. “Would you like a picture or an autograph or something?” I ask hoping to appease her. “A picture would be nice thanks” she says holding out her camera phone to take a picture of us. “I won’t bother you anymore, but I hope you find your girl. She must be something special.” She says before walking off. I need to find Sydney.

Sydney’s Point of View

          I made my way back to the familiar place bringing my usual supply of flowers. The people here know me well because I have been here so often. I make my way over to Jason and pick up the old flowers and replace them with the new. “Hey Jase. I brought you new flowers.” I say to the tombstone. “I’ve been thinking about something recently. I know all you ever wanted was for me to be happy and while you were here you always did make me happy. Now that you have been gone for a while you aren’t able to make me happy in the same way you once did. I know that when people’s spouses die they get remarried and all that, but it feels kind of wrong to have been thinking about things like that. There is this guy I can’t get out of my head and maybe that is just the universe telling me it’s time to let go of you and move on. I just want to let you know that even if I do develop feelings for other guys I always did love you and you will always have that part of my past. I know you can’t hear me, but I hope you are alright with me moving on because now I can be happy again. I still miss you though Jason. Every day.” I ramble over Jason’s grave. I look up to see the caretaker looking at me and smiling. I smile back at him and wipe away the tears that had fallen down my face. It was nice to get that off my chest. I just can’t help but wonder what Jason is thinking from up in heaven, but I pray he agrees with me and I have a feeling he does.