Chapter 10

Ashton’s Point of View

          I hear the crowd roaring as the boys and I leave the stage. “Smashed it!” I exclaim as Calum pulls me in for a half hug. “Heck yeah!” Michael says giving me a high five. “I think that was our biggest crowd yet” Luke says turning to look back at the stage. “Probably. It’s strange to think that not too long ago we were doing concerts for our mums” Calum says ruffling Luke’s hair. “I guess we have really grown up haven’t we” Michael chimes in. “Yeah I’ve grown at least a foot” Luke says. It’s true he has grown a lot recently. Security ushers us back to our tour bus and Luke and I head straight for our bunks while Calum hits up the fridge and Michael takes his usual place on the couch playing video games. “Ash what do you miss the most while on tour?” Luke asks me. “Probably my family” I reply without much thought. “I miss being there for the little things like Harry’s soccer games or spending time with my grandmother. How about you?” I add. “I think I miss things being normal. I miss going to football games or even being in class with my friends. Everything is just so different now. Like when you make the incredible things your normal you end up making normal things a rarity.” Luke says. It’s true. Most people find preforming to a large crowd to be such an incredible thing and it’s pretty much our normal, but such a normal thing such as sitting around and hanging out with your family is such a rare thing for us. “I think I would still do it all over again” I say. “I would too. I just wish we didn’t have to give up so much.” He says. “It’s the rock star life” I say stretching before laying my head down to go to sleep.

Sydney’s Point of View

          I make a face at my chip that just broke in the salsa bowl. “So how was the homeland while I was gone?” Maggie, my best friend, asks me. “Pretty boring. It’s always boring when you are gone.” I reply fishing my chip successfully out of the salsa. “So what was it you wanted to tell me?” she asks as she sticks her hand into the chip bowl and grabs a handful of tortilla chips. “Okay so you know how I went to the Five Seconds of Summer concert.” I begin. “Yes no need to rub it in.” she interjects. “Anyway, well afterward I went to Starbucks and guess who was there. The band!” I say excitedly. “No way! Shut up! I’m not that gullible.” She says as her eyes lit up. “No I’m dead serious. It gets better though. We actually got to talking.” I continue. “Seriously! I’m so jealous! I could have been there!” She says getting worked up. “You could have been, but you were in London. But it gets better, they invited me to stay at the same hotel as them and hang out in their hotel room.” I say waiting for her reaction. “No way! What was it like? Did they give you a private concert? Did you get their numbers?” She rambles excitedly. “Well we watched a movie then Luke walked me up to my room where we just hung out for a while. Then we heard a creepy noise and he ended up staying in my room for the night to make sure a murderer didn’t get me” I explain. “If this is true this is just about the coolest thing of all time. This is fan fiction material.” She says completely in awe. “I know! It was my once in a lifetime opportunity. But enough about me, didn’t you want to tell me something?” I say trying to change the conversation because I felt like I was kind of bragging. “Not that it compares to what you had to say, but I finalized going to that school in London I was telling you about. You know I still think you should go. I mean you have already been accepted.” She says. “Maggie that’s great!” I say reaching over to hug her. “Thanks. You should really come though. We could room together.” She says. “I’ll talk to my parents about it this week if it makes you happy.” I say. She has been pressuring me for the longest time to go there. “Yay!” she says giving me a smile. “Oh one more thing. You might want to plug my new landline number into your phone.” She says. I pull my phone out and open up the contacts app when I notice something. I have a new contact. Luke is a Penguin. I’m pretty sure my heart just skipped a beat. Maggie didn’t seem to notice so I proceeded to add her landline number into my phone.